PDA

View Full Version : Good Classified forums

JeepGeneral
01-04-2005, 12:45 PM
I've been looking for control arms for my TJ, and have found a set of uppers and lowers from two different sellers on JU. Both were very quick after first posting, but now after a few days have failed to come through so I'm in search again. Anyone know of any reliable classified forums where I can find good used parts and not have to worry about getting ripped off, or even better yet, know anyone locally selling adjustable control arms?

Tom

Bill
01-04-2005, 01:01 PM
4WD Hardware has a forum that is pretty good for that kind of stuff.

JeepGeneral
01-04-2005, 02:58 PM
Thanks Bill, I checked it out, nothing listed as of now. But on the good side, the guy came through for the uppers, so I got those, now to search for the lowers.

Tom

mrpistol
01-04-2005, 04:38 PM
i'm in the same boat....trying to piece together a new lift.
with JU, it seems you just have to be the lucky one who happens to be checking out the 'for sale' section moments after something desirable (such as control arms) is posted

i also check out jeep forum and 4wd hardware as well as ebay once in awhile.

i still haven't had much luck, but i'm shooting to go bigger in about a year. so i'm in no hurry (yet).

JeepGeneral
01-07-2005, 05:09 PM
Just when I thought I had a good seller on JU, I send him the money order and PM him to let him know, and he writes back saying he sold them already although he told me that they were being held for me. Now I got $225 bucks en route to California with no certainty that he will send it back as promised. I should've save the money and agrivation and bought new as I usually do!

Tom

Bill
01-08-2005, 12:35 AM
Damn Tom, that sucks!!!

I hope you see your money order returned quickly!