PDA

View Full Version : Whos into over/unders

wozz
10-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Just like it says what do you shoot and why do you like it.

I'm looking to get one at the end of the year and would like some opinions.

It sounds like the browning citori is tough to beat.

Ive heard bad things about mossburg's firing pins.

Anyone have any experience with cz's?

Having worked for a gun manufacture I love the idea of the red label being made in America.

It would be mainly for shooting skeet and sporting clays however its not in the budget to get one with an adjustable comb etc.

And yes ultimately I need to shoulder some and see what fits.

Thoughts?

justin'sbig7
10-05-2011, 06:56 PM
I have 3 browning O/U's. I absolutely love them. ones a 1958 lightning grade superposed (belgium) and i have 2 citoris. just a run of the mill 12 ga, and i have a 1984 made 16 gauge citori lightning. one of the only years they were made on a true 16 ga frame.
(not so big on the japanese stamp lol!)

Dad has a couple of cz's, 20 and 28 ga. theyre pretty sweet. I like the red label, but the one i shot didnt seem to fit me right.

shoot a few and see what ya like!

ridgerunner97
10-05-2011, 09:10 PM
My uncle has a citori lightning and it is sweet. I've shot some Mossberg Silver Reserve's and they shot well, can't comment on firing pin issues didn't have a bad experience. Friend has a remington over under and it shot nicely. My eye is better suited to a side by side, I tend to shoot them better than an over under, thats why I haven't acquired an over under yet LOL

wozz
10-06-2011, 01:29 AM
I like the red label, but the one i shot didnt seem to fit me right.

A few people I talked to were saying that it seamed to hit their cheek pretty hard.

justin'sbig7
10-06-2011, 09:03 AM
yeah, it seems the way the stock is angled is what makes it feel awkward. some people swear by them and the fit is perfect for those folks, but a lot of people talk about the awkward fit.

MechanicalMayham
10-12-2011, 08:21 AM
I have a few shotguns in differnt types. I found I am most proficiant with side by sides and recently purchase a Condor Over and Under in .410. I like it alot. Knocked off quite a few squirrel with it and took a couple of shots at some grouse. Never been good hitting them damned birds. Its great for knocking down pigeons and crows