PDA

View Full Version : Need a Trap and Clay Shotgun , any Advice?

XJ_Sean
10-23-2011, 10:01 PM
:fenforcer:
I am looking to Semi Cheaply ($250-$400) get into clay and trap shooting, I would kinda like an Autoloader but would be alright with a pump. definitely a 12GA. Ive looked at a few but not exactly sure. wouldnt mind something used if someone has something.... anyways i appreciate any feedback. Thanks

PatF10
10-23-2011, 11:00 PM
could probably get a remington for that price range. Good reliable guns. Ive always been a fan of the 1100 special field series

jackb1
10-24-2011, 08:45 AM
You don't want a pump, either a semi or over/under. For $400, I wouldn't buy a new gun and try to get into the sport. You won't find a decent new gun for that range but you might find a nice used one. ( I'm not saying you can't get a nice new gun for $400, just not one I'd buy for organized shooting)

Spend the $400 on a whatever decent used gun you can find. You can use one gun for trap/skeet/sporting clays but generally speaking if you get into the sport, you'll find you want different guns for each. I'd try to buy a nice sporting clay gun with removable chokes and you'll still be able to use it well for trap.