PDA

View Full Version : "Race War"

Doty152
11-04-2011, 03:57 PM
My old high school was on lockdown today because apparantly, it's racist to wear camo. And you are no longer allowed to wear camo to school.

http://www.wtrf.com/story/15960299/threats-of-fights-and-rioting-at-wheeling-park

highlandercj-7
11-04-2011, 06:54 PM
What a crock of shty. What about ROTC?

ezman
11-04-2011, 07:14 PM
unless i'm missing something, no where in that article did it mention camo or race wars. growing up in a small town i know how shit gets blown up, but it seems like it was just some kids fighting and people hopping on the bandwagon on facebook.

Doty152
11-04-2011, 09:16 PM
http://www.wtov9.com/news/news/school-bans-camouflage-day/nFWPS/

Knowing the asshat they have as a principal, and family members that WERE sent home for wearing camo, I believe it.

beat1078
11-05-2011, 07:50 AM
I think you should change the title to something more appropriate like "school bans camo for the day" or anything but what you have.
There was no indication in the article about that and I think it is a bit out of place. But that is just my opinion.

Dragonslayer
11-05-2011, 08:47 AM
This is the only thing that mentions "race". There is NOTHING that say's anything about a "race war".

"School officials said there was an incident Thursday between two students that started when one student used a derogatory racial term."

DixieJeeper
11-05-2011, 09:56 AM
Yea- I think the post is a little inflamatory.. but what the hell.

I do remember growing up outside of DC- as a metal punk grungish kid my buddies and I would always be harrased about our chain wallets ( I know how cool) even if they weren't an excessive length we were told they were a weapon- all the while it was popular for the jocks and even the adminstrators to wearing keys on those really long neck lanyards and swing them as they walked down the hallways. We would get harrased and referals all the time over them and never saw anything happen even when other kids got hit with 2 pounds of keys on a lanyard.

I know where you coming from.. but I don't think its a race war. Are you sure the school doesn't have a written policy about camoflauge? I know many schools banned certain attire ater columbine- no long trench coats, no bulk coats in non winter months, etc. etc.

ezman
11-05-2011, 05:41 PM
yeah i don't see the whole race war thing. that other article definitely explained it better.

sorry i just don't see anything wrong with a school banning a certain type of attire FOR A DAY to possibly prevent a big fight to break out.

so the "conflict" was racially motivated, well unfortunately we still have shit like that today, but it's just some high school kids getting into a pissing match. it'll pass and in 5 years the smart ones will look back and laugh at it all

Doty152
11-06-2011, 05:26 AM
I put it as a race war, because that's what everyone was calling it, although from what I gather, it was pretty much everyone ganging up on the "rednecks" because one of them dropped a racial slur.

Sycotik Skier
11-06-2011, 10:41 AM
Butler area school district banned camo atleast probably ten years ago.

village_idiot
11-06-2011, 06:39 PM
http://cli.ps/HPNQq
racewars?

commando72
11-06-2011, 09:30 PM
Can't believe this still gets press... I teach at a school that has "Camo Day" as part of homecoming festivities. People really need to get a life!