PDA

View Full Version : Body shop recommendations?

LordAthens
01-06-2005, 04:23 PM
Soo.. Anyone have any recommendations for a quality body shop in the Pittsburgh \ South Hills area?

I have a crunched rear quarter panel to take care of :\

Jpdst29
01-06-2005, 04:33 PM
L. Thomas out on Washington Road.

I think it is near vanadium road and that eat n park.

Bill
01-06-2005, 05:17 PM
Are you paying for this out of pocket, or is this something that insurance is taking care of?

MF Steve!
01-06-2005, 08:47 PM
if you go to l. thomas...youre retarded. heres a story of their half ass fraud.

mom gets hit, l. thomas repairs. mom gets hit again in same place, find that l. thomas did not replace quarterpanel as stated in estimate, but filled damaged areas with bondo.

thats the #1 rip off shop in the area. theyre prices are through the roof, and their quality is horrendous.

if you want somewhere that does excellent work for a fairly decent price...check out carnegie motors, across from advanced auto on rt.50 in carnegie...

btw, how bad is the damage? could it be covered up by say...a diamond plate corner guard? it may be cheaper...

just my 2 cents...

-steve

FoxRunner
01-06-2005, 09:34 PM
Ok after this doozy
www.csensich.com/Karl/Jeep/jeep.jpg
I took it to Allegheny Auto Body down on 28 just past the northside heading north.. Claims they will save your decutible...
I paid out of pocket to avoid insurance rates!
Put the new fender on my self and just had him paint it for $110...
Did decent work... Pretty quick.

OverkillZJ
01-06-2005, 11:54 PM
www.csensich.com/Karl/Jeep/jeep.jpg

Pretty quick.
That's what my ZJ fenders usually look like!

LordAthens
01-07-2005, 01:10 AM
I'd like to do it out of pocket, but it's simply not going to happen.

The rear passenger side corner is crunched pretty good. From what I can tell, it's not a bolt off - bolt on type of deal. I looks like its going to have to be cut out, welded in and refinished.

And that's just mine. The Topaz is looking at probably a new door and probably a new front quarter panel. The quarter panel might be able to be hammered back out, but I'm thinking no.

I have a feeling my rates are going up after this one :(

LeadFoot
01-07-2005, 01:29 AM
Comp cut with front tj flares on it!

FoxRunner
01-07-2005, 01:33 AM

Thats what scares me.....

I saw your video and in my other post you were one of the crazy peolpe I spoke of!!!!

HAHAH

OverkillZJ
01-07-2005, 01:44 AM

Thats what scares me.....

I saw your video and in my other post you were one of the crazy peolpe I spoke of!!!!

HAHAH

HEY! I WAS PRETTY TAME IN THAT VIDEO!

I mean.. I didn't even flop!

TimMichaels
01-07-2005, 01:20 PM
Codispotti Auto Body... I'm friends with the owner. He's a good guy.

LordAthens
01-07-2005, 07:01 PM
Tim, is that place out in West Mifflin?

And is he cheap? I was hoping to save the deductable.

TimMichaels
01-08-2005, 01:40 PM
Tim, is that place out in West Mifflin?

And is he cheap? I was hoping to save the deductable.

Yep, its out in West Mifflin. The address is 5604 Homeville Rd. Phone is 412-466-6444. The owner Jamie Codispoti has always cut some really good deals for my entire family... but it might just be because he lives across the street, heh heh. He's a really fair guy though so I would imagine it would be pretty cheap compared to other places. Tell him I sent ya.

LordAthens
01-08-2005, 06:32 PM
Will do. Thanks for the heads up on it Tim.

I don't have a day off until Thursday, so I'm going to call insurance then and I'll give Jamie a call as well and see what he can do for me.

Bill saw the damage last night. It's really not THAT bad, Bill thinks it can be hammered out. I'm not so sure, it actually creased quite bad in one area. I suppose we'll see.

Bill
01-08-2005, 06:35 PM
Bill saw the damage last night. It's really not THAT bad, Bill thinks it can be hammered out. I'm not so sure, it actually creased quite bad in one area. I suppose we'll see.

It can be done... :roll:

Where is the hammer, grab the 2x4 and meet me at Matts.... :lol: