PDA

View Full Version : Draco Desire

joshs1ofakindxj
11-14-2011, 12:33 PM
I've had my mind set on buying a Draco pistol for a few months now but right when I made the decision the guy I buy from north of Indiana, PA sold out and hasn't got any more from Century since them. He quoted me a good price, I think around $340. Anyone know of another gun shop around that has one close to that price?

BUZZINHALFDOZZEN
11-14-2011, 01:19 PM
I've been wanting one of those with a folding stock. Having trouble finding a metal folding stock for my AK. Lot's of plastic junk out there

joshs1ofakindxj
11-14-2011, 02:15 PM
What about an RPK side folder? Installs like a regular stock. They are a little rough but most people put 3/8" hose on them or cover them with parachord to make them user friendly.

http://www.hendersondefense.com/store/pc/catalog/aes-10b1_1504_detail.jpg

BUZZINHALFDOZZEN
11-14-2011, 03:10 PM
Yeah that's what I want, just having trouble finding one.

Would love to have a pistol version with that folding stock and a pistol grip up front. I currently have a quad rail setup and a knock off dragonov(sp?) stock on my rifle version.

Thought about snagging this one up, but I would have pretty much no use for it.
http://classifieds.pennswoods.net/classifieds/viewad.cgi?adindex=1409667
http://images.pennswoods.net/agdwd2ltYWdlchILEglGaWxlQ2FjaGUYx7m1BAw

mxg342
11-14-2011, 03:41 PM
Who is your guy north of Indiana? Is it Dan Smith? If so send me his contact information. I bought stuff off him years ago but I can't find his information anymore.

joshs1ofakindxj
11-14-2011, 04:31 PM
No, I deal with Tim off of 119 at Surplus Military Depot or whatever it is called. Good guy. Mostly deals in military style weapons.

joshs1ofakindxj
11-14-2011, 04:32 PM
Yeah that's what I want, just having trouble finding one.

Would love to have a pistol version with that folding stock and a pistol grip up front. I currently have a quad rail setup and a knock off dragonov(sp?) stock on my rifle version.

Thought about snagging this one up, but I would have pretty much no use for it.
http://classifieds.pennswoods.net/classifieds/viewad.cgi?adindex=1409667

You can check mine out if you come to the Black Friday destruct-o-thon at my place.

BUZZINHALFDOZZEN
11-14-2011, 05:47 PM
Did you buy yours with the folding stock? If not, where did you get the stock? Every one I found on the net is "sold out"

joshs1ofakindxj
11-14-2011, 06:53 PM
Mine came identical to the one I posted a picture of.

RPK and Dracos have both disappeared off the market right now it seems.

condortaco01
11-14-2011, 07:19 PM
No, I deal with Tim off of 119 at Surplus Military Depot or whatever it is called. Good guy. Mostly deals in military style weapons.
I've been wanting to go to this shop for awhile now. What's it like price-wise? Is it like an army-navy store?

busij44
11-14-2011, 07:39 PM
"Would love to have a pistol version with that folding stock and a pistol grip up front. I currently have a quad rail setup and a knock off dragonov(sp?) stock on my rifle version."

Heads up on doing this.......if you put a stock or even a means of attaching one or a foward pistol grip on a AK pistol or any other pistol (barrel less Than 16") for that matter it then becomes a SBR (short barreled rifle). This requires a filling out alot of BATF paper work and $$ to obtain an SBR permit. Get caught with this setup without a SBR permit and it is a felony.

joshs1ofakindxj
11-14-2011, 07:41 PM
I've been wanting to go to this shop for awhile now. What's it like price-wise? Is it like an army-navy store?

It's a gun store first and an army navy store second. Prices are very reasonable. Real nice guy. He doesn't have much stuff like surplus cloths and packs but he has a decent gun supply depending on when you go. Sometimes inventory is low.

joshs1ofakindxj
11-14-2011, 07:42 PM
"Would love to have a pistol version with that folding stock and a pistol grip up front. I currently have a quad rail setup and a knock off dragonov(sp?) stock on my rifle version."

Heads up on doing this.......if you put a stock or even a means of attaching one or a foward pistol grip on a AK pistol or any other pistol (barrel less Than 16") for that matter it then becomes a SBR (short barreled rifle). This requires a filling out alot of BATF paper work and $$ to obtain an SBR permit. Get caught with this setup without a SBR permit and it is a felony.

I'm glad you said it. I didn't want to rain on his parade if he didn't know...

HoodRN
11-14-2011, 09:58 PM
I put a single point sling on my Draco...tension it up, and it works almost as good as a wire folder. Serious muzzle blast from that little bugger.

BUZZINHALFDOZZEN
11-15-2011, 10:36 AM
I'm glad you said it. I didn't want to rain on his parade if he didn't know...

Parade officially rained on. I'll just keep looking for a folding stock for my rifle then.

HoodRN
11-20-2011, 07:00 PM
I've had my mind set on buying a Draco pistol for a few months now but right when I made the decision the guy I buy from north of Indiana, PA sold out and hasn't got any more from Century since them. He quoted me a good price, I think around $340. Anyone know of another gun shop around that has one close to that price?

Guy on PAFOA in Erie asking 375.00 for a Draco, ad says three mags fired...

pittim
11-21-2011, 12:36 AM
It's a gun store first and an army navy store second. Prices are very reasonable. Real nice guy. He doesn't have much stuff like surplus cloths and packs but he has a decent gun supply depending on when you go. Sometimes inventory is low.

x2, I got my converted saiga 7.62 off of him, felt like i got a good deal considering he did the conversion on it and everything. Last time I went in there (probably 2 weeks ago) one of the racks on one side was almost empty...only like 3 or 4 AKs.

joshs1ofakindxj
11-21-2011, 09:38 AM
Guy on PAFOA in Erie asking 375.00 for a Draco, ad says three mags fired...

Thanks for the heads up. I sent that guy a PM.

joshs1ofakindxj
11-30-2011, 09:34 PM
I'm dealing with the guy on PAFOA finally. I might have me a draco by Christmas!

HoodRN
11-30-2011, 11:14 PM
Good for you :) Mine is a lot of fun to shoot, and it fits in small ​places :)

joshs1ofakindxj
12-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Exactly why I want one.

Can't wait to put a 75 round drum on it and open carry at Walmart.