PDA

View Full Version : Just got back into MTB last summer

ArtCloud
12-20-2011, 10:43 AM
Didn't realize there was such a huge MTB group here, picked this up late in the summer:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res12sp6k/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/20110908204751m.jpg

Now its got a 32/19 niner chainring/cog setup since the gates belt drive was total garbage, and some crank bros. clipless pedals. Rigid fork wasn't bad to get used to with CroMo frame, it's very forgiving.

2002wranglerX
12-20-2011, 11:02 AM
The link isn't working. but sounds like a rigid steel single speed... which is a lot of fun!

ArtCloud
12-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Sorry about the link, would have needed a google account to view. Fixed with embedded image.

cjw94xk
12-20-2011, 06:15 PM
Nice looking bike. I like how simple it is. Were do you ride?

Sycotik Skier
12-20-2011, 07:34 PM
I despise Crank brothers pedals anymore. I bought a set of egg beaters when they first came out forever again. Loved how light they are and they never clogged with mud like my old SPD pedals. Recently picked up a single speed road bike and bought another set of eggbeaters for it and the pedals are junk now. I'd be surprised if I had a hundred miles on the pedals. Several other guys I ride with have also had similar problems. I guess quality went down the tubes.

All three of my bikes are single speeds now. I swore for years I'd never get a single speed until I rode my friend's 29er.

ArtCloud
01-04-2012, 01:20 AM
I ride South Park alot because it is close to home, but I try to switch it up now and then with just about any other trails in the PGH area, North Park, Hartwood, Bavington.

Also, pedals I have are Candy X's, I learned on a friends clipless Candy SL's and liked them, so I picked up the Candy X's from another friend who bought them and ended up hating clipless, I think I paid him 20 bucks for them. I only got to ride a very brief hard-packed trail with them so far, but they seemed descent. Time will tell, if they break prematurely, I didn't pay very much for them so I won't be too upset. Their designs are pretty nice for shedding mud, seems like durability hasn't been their A-game recently, but I haven't had any bad experiences yet.

Sycotik Skier
01-04-2012, 11:10 PM
My whole reason for going with my original egg beaters was for their mud shedding ability. I won't own another set unless they are cheaper than dirt