PDA

View Full Version : State Game Lands Range 203 in Allegheny County

Ronin152
02-17-2012, 05:46 PM
I was interested in getting into shooting and I really did not want to have to get involved with joining a private range. What is the public range like? Does it get crowded?

DMG
02-17-2012, 05:48 PM
Game lands rangs aren't entirely public. You need to have a hunting license now. Just spend the $75 a year to join a club.

Ronin152
02-17-2012, 05:56 PM
You need either a hunting license or you have to pay a $30 permit fee. There is really only one place near my house and there is a waiting list for it. Also, you have to go to meetings and other things and I don't really have time to do all that bs.

JeepSteeler
02-18-2012, 08:40 AM
That range is ok, the only sucky thing is the 6 shot at a time limit. And they do enforce it. That's fine if you are shooting your deer rifle or revolver, but going with a semi-auto rifle or handgun is a pain. It can be crowded on the weekends and such, but I've never had to wait for a stall.

Azzy
02-26-2012, 09:55 PM
http://www.pmsconline.com/

75 a year, $15 for a spouse, girlfriend... always open steel range, indoor pistol and archery, tactical practice bays. Need only show up to the first meeting to sign up, first wed of the month. Its a good club, been a member for a few years, and there is litterally a club in walking distance from my home. That particular club has assinine magazine rules and an indoor setu that was good back in the 50's.

But seriously, if you want to get shooting in, and plan on doing it more than twice a year, you paid for your membership at most decent clubs.

That range is ok, the only sucky thing is the 6 shot at a time limit. And they do enforce it. That's fine if you are shooting your deer rifle or revolver, but going with a semi-auto rifle or handgun is a pain. It can be crowded on the weekends and such, but I've never had to wait for a stall.

Not to mention you always have some idjut , usually with their kid who doent know any better, crack off a shot after all clear, when the rest are waking down to the targets. Seen it enough time to never go there again.