PDA

View Full Version : Getting a bad feeling

DixieJeeper
03-05-2012, 12:05 AM
I am getting a bad feeling more and more that we might be facing another 4 years of Obama... just seems to me that the republicans are still bouncing back and forth with no clear front runner.. I know 10 more states are next week. I am just afraid of this scenario-

in-fighting continues to the last part of the primaries- weakens the party's canidate (likly Mitt),
the canidate I think would do the MOST good- is too consitutionaly conservative- therefore unpalletable for most of the uneducated masses (although I don't agree with 100% of his ideas) Paul will not get the nomination- and will drop to a 3rd party alternative.
Regardless of his running mate Mitt will still be too moderate and not conservative enough for most of Newt, and Rick's base. They will split some going to Mitt the others perhaps to Paul
The spilt of a non-conservative enough canidate and stronger 3rd paty canidate like Paul will lend itself to another 4 years of Big-O.

thoughts?

justin'sbig7
03-05-2012, 12:31 AM
I cant stand any of them that are in the running. its the same old bull crap rhino republicans. Rick santorum and his religious high horse need to just go away. One of the talk shows i listen to on sirius patriot had rick fill in a few times and i eventually had to turn him off. it was like listening to a bible thumper talking politics, I may not disagree with what he was saying personally, but he was as bad as a liberal with the support of laws that restrict the freedoms of people (from an extreme conservative religious standpoint). I want political leaders who will let us be free, free do do as we choose as long as we are accountable for our choices. allow us to enjoy our freedoms as long as they dont intrude on others freedoms... "your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you" -Andrew Wilkow

Super Scout
03-05-2012, 09:04 AM
IMHO, 4 years of Mitt is basically 4 more years of Obama. I want Paul to win, and honestly agree with the scenerio you just laid down Dixie. Obama probably will win, hell maybe if we sink as low as we can people in this in country will finally wake the hell up. I agree with Justin about Rick I can't stand that guy. As my dad always "any law passed is a restriction of your freedom". Thats all Rick wants to do.

justin'sbig7
03-05-2012, 09:21 AM
i like paul, i realize he is more of a ross perot party splitter, but we really need a wake up. we need people who are going to turn this country around. i honestly am starting to hate both parties equally after the tea party movement pushed a lot of these "for the people republicans" in and once they took office they went back to business as usual.

DMG
03-05-2012, 10:01 AM
I am getting a bad feeling more and more that we might be facing another 4 years of Obama... just seems to me that the republicans are still bouncing back and forth with no clear front runner.. I know 10 more states are next week. I am just afraid of this scenario-

in-fighting continues to the last part of the primaries- weakens the party's canidate (likly Mitt),
the canidate I think would do the MOST good- is too consitutionaly conservative- therefore unpalletable for most of the uneducated masses (although I don't agree with 100% of his ideas) Paul will not get the nomination- and will drop to a 3rd party alternative.
Regardless of his running mate Mitt will still be too moderate and not conservative enough for most of Newt, and Rick's base. They will split some going to Mitt the others perhaps to Paul
The spilt of a non-conservative enough canidate and stronger 3rd paty canidate like Paul will lend itself to another 4 years of Big-O.
thoughts?

You pretty well nailed it. Until things get really bad, people won't make any effort to change the 2 party, over-spending, over-reaching government status-quo.

deadpool
03-05-2012, 10:26 AM
Right now, IMHO, the government that we have in place has failed. It's too corrput in the fact that corporations can purchase the votes needed to push their own agendas. These are people that are supposed to be representing my interestes in the government (or the consititants that put them in that position). However, they are pandering to the highest bidder. The forefathers had in mind a republic for the people, by the people. Now, as it stands, it's for the corportations at the expense of the people. The government that is in place right now would be considered a true democracy, which shows that if you have enough money, you can get/do what you want. Unless you are personally incorporated, your vote really doesn't matter because you don't have the money to "support" that represenative or Senator. This is the same across both major parties. At this juncture of time, we need to completely replace everything, kinda like shaking the Etch-A-Sketch and get term limits in place for both House & Senate. Set wage limits, and stop the process of the same old, same old government that is in place.

As I said, this is just my opinion. Thomas Jefferson said it best "when the government no longer works to the ends of the will of the people, said government needs replaced with one that will work to the will of the people" (or something like that... just didn't search out the quote specifically)

SirFuego
03-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Even if they had their shit together and had a really strong candidate, I highly doubt they would stand a chance against Obama anyways. Regardless of what you think of him, I really don't think he pissed off enough of his supporters to even be concerned about losing. Sure he didn't follow through on everything (but what president has?), but he'll be given a free pass by most people because a lot of the issues were resultant of Congress' inability to compromise.

DixieJeeper
03-05-2012, 02:44 PM
I think Paul is the guy who this country NEEDS... but doubt he will be much more than a ross perot vote splitter.

I agree with all of you... I had a proffessor at ODU once say "your rights end.. where mine begin"

SirFuego
03-05-2012, 03:01 PM
I think Paul is the guy who this country NEEDS...
what the country NEEDS <> what the country WANTS

HoodRN
03-05-2012, 07:33 PM
If fuel hits 5.00+ per gallon this summer into fall, my rottweiler could beat Obongo-X in a head to head election. The economy is FAR weaker than the state-controlled media claims it is, and the effects of Obongo-Care will start to be felt very soon. If anyone actually READS the Prez's healthcare act, they will find that ill geezers will be CMO at age 70. That will go over HUGE with the blue-hairs, who have nothing else to do but vote.

2002wranglerX
03-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Even if they had their shit together and had a really strong candidate, I highly doubt they would stand a chance against Obama anyways. Regardless of what you think of him, I really don't think he pissed off enough of his supporters to even be concerned about losing. Sure he didn't follow through on everything (but what president has?), but he'll be given a free pass by most people because a lot of the issues were resultant of Congress' inability to compromise.

They all still blame bush. It's incredible

Super Scout
03-05-2012, 10:26 PM
They all still blame bush. It's incredible

I find that hysterical when in private industry, any industry if the new CEO or head of a company doesn't make changes he/she is gone in six weeks lol. But the president he gets 8 years.

joshs1ofakindxj
03-05-2012, 10:57 PM
Atlas is shrugging.

ridgerunner97
03-06-2012, 09:02 AM
^ AMEN. Probably the greatest novel i've read in the past 3 years. Talk about a perfect parallellism, and it was written in the 1940's. I'm working on finding time to read the fountainhead.

Super Scout
03-06-2012, 09:09 AM
^ Is that the book you keep telling me to read ?

PatF10
03-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Thats a solid read, really long but makes you really think about a lot of the things our government is trying to pull on us.

ridgerunner97
03-06-2012, 09:36 AM
^ Is that the book you keep telling me to read ?

Yes. Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. Like 1300 pages or something, I got off to a rocky start with it for some reason but by page 50 I was runnin wide open and the book had me.

Super Scout
03-06-2012, 12:20 PM
I don't like to read.

DixieJeeper
03-06-2012, 12:39 PM
lol does reading this forum meet your reading qouta? lol

The_War_Wagon
03-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Buy more guns, buy more ammo, hold on tight. :066:

DixieJeeper
03-06-2012, 09:50 PM
pretty much.... MREs, etc.

I picked up a few 2,500,000 Candle power recargable hand held flood lamps from work for $12.00 on clearence. I am starting to make it a habit of not buying beer or going out and once a month buying some supplies. Every day I a more and more convienced the brown matter sandwhich is coming soon and we will all have to take a bite

joshs1ofakindxj
03-07-2012, 08:34 AM
Stocking waste oil for the deuce... :071:

tceraso
03-07-2012, 12:22 PM
I find that hysterical when in private industry, any industry if the new CEO or head of a company doesn't make changes he/she is gone in six weeks lol. But the president he gets 8 years.

He or She usually get more money than anyone I know will make in their lifetime to leave though!!