PDA

View Full Version : E.R. Shaw Inc.

jlovbasz3
03-08-2012, 12:57 AM
http://www.ershawbarrels.com/index.php Local company that builds custom gun's. Price's seem good for for a custom gun $725-$1250. Don't know anything about them or if they are quality guns or how accurate they are. Just stumbled across them looking for a 220 Swift and figured I'd pass along the info.

OverkillZJ
03-08-2012, 08:59 AM
One of my clients (machine shop) does some work for them, and they're gun nuts.

PatF10
03-08-2012, 12:07 PM
my brother got one a few months ago. He got a wild cat type caliber and its a nice gun. For the money you would spend on a upper level model 70 or 700, i think the shaw is a little better value and you more of a "custom" gun. His is a blued chomoly barrel and it has a nice glossy finish, cant see a bunch of machine marks all over it like many other guns in a similar price range. You also get an action that has been massaged a little more than a typical factory action. Just fire forming cases and getting a general sight in at 100 yds he was shooting 1" groups or so. Should be a nice tack driver once he gets it dialed in. For the money i tihnk it would be hard to beat, unless you can wait as long as it takes for them to make one up.

Supposedly they had some quality issues a few months back but they got rid of some machinists and it took care of the problems.

Im hoping to order one here in not to to long, was also thinking about getting a swift, or a 7mm ultra mag, different ends of the spectrum but i want both anyhow.