PDA

View Full Version : Special order firearms at Cabelas

DixieJeeper
03-21-2012, 08:14 PM
Anyone ever order a firearm through Cabelas that was special order or had to come from another store?

I ordered a Hi Point Tactical .40 cal carbine 3 weeks ago and it still isn't here.

:092: :092:

It was brokered by their Internet sales team which they were top notch replied within hours of emails. Once the sale was turned over to the store thats when it started to suck... they verified the order, said they would have to bring it from another store, then its been 2 weeks since then no replies to my emails to the store but the internet team did verfiy they ordered it and called the store to have them call me..... guess what no call in 3 days.

So I called today, got hung up on twice when I called the special order department, then talked to the Man-E-ger.. he looked into to and said near an exact qoute... yuppp.. its ordered, can't tell you what wharehouse its coming from, nor when to expect it. We will call you when it gets here- and oh if you don't pick it up in 5 days we push it to the sales floor to sell it.

This is the first time I have bought anythign from cabelas, always used GM downsouth or BPS.... I heard good things about Cabelas but geeeeeeeeeeeezus when I bought my 870 12 ga from dicks they acted like I bought a ferrari they were kissing my ass all through the process.

Any similar experences? Write it off as a bad transaction? Or is the wheeling store for toolbags?

joshs1ofakindxj
03-21-2012, 08:35 PM
I buy a good bit of gear and ammo online without a problem. I stay to the local shops for things that go bang. Threaten to cancel the order and see if they sing a different tune.

DixieJeeper
03-21-2012, 08:46 PM
yea I am going to give until the end of the week and call again. Back in my Volvo days as a tech you could order parts directly from Gottenbuerg and get them in 3 days with standard shipping sometimes. I am sure a weapon manufactured in Ohio- doesn't take much to go from ohio to WV.

joshs1ofakindxj
03-21-2012, 09:04 PM
Depends how many people are in line in front of you to get one. We're living in the days of record setting gun sales.

justin'sbig7
03-21-2012, 09:07 PM
Wow, my dad buys a lot through them. Guns and otherwise. The customer service has always been top notch, had a few things get screwed up but they always hooked us up plus money off or deeply discounted to make up for things. I would work your way up the management line, you may end up with a free case of ammo or who knows what... They typically have gone head over feet to make sure we were nothin but happy.

ridgerunner97
03-21-2012, 09:11 PM
My family has been buying heavily off them since the mid 70's and have always been treated like gold. I swear we get a Cabela's box at my house at least twice a month between my dad and two other brothers.

Azzy
03-21-2012, 10:08 PM
Hit up gallery of guns and have it shipped to John Battalia at Firearmstransfers.net. Best FFL price around, and not too far from you, he's out near Pasavant Hospital.

DixieJeeper
03-22-2012, 12:33 AM
thanks if it goes that way I was wondering who would be a good FFL to get it shipped to. I mean the freaking plant that makes them is in Mansfield OH for crap sake. I will give them till the end of the week/begining of next week and call again. If not I am just going to hit John Battalia up. Thanks everyone.

justin'sbig7
03-22-2012, 04:38 AM
I would call today. You may have just had a couple douches. that company strives for customer satisfaction and i would bet that the folks who told you "oh well" would be in deep crap if they were caught

Wrecker
03-22-2012, 08:26 AM
Call Browns Armory in Rochester. Surprised the inventory they have. And the price was 20o than Gander when I bought my Kimber.. Which I know is high. Call them. But dont expect anyplace fancy when you go. Sort of straight out of the 70's

DixieJeeper
03-22-2012, 11:55 PM
Ill call tomorrow again... thanks guys..

mxg342
03-23-2012, 12:15 PM
I'll never buy another gun from them. My dad bought me an 835 supermag last year for christmas. It wasn't what I wanted and I tried to return it for something else. It was never out of the box and they wouldn't take it back.

On the other hand, they are one of my primary suppliers for other outdoor gear.

Azzy
03-23-2012, 12:46 PM
Ive never known any place that will accept a return of a firearm or ammunition. Doent matter if its in the box or not, who's to say you arent the PETA guy plugging a shotgun barrel and returning it "in the box"? Not saying you are, but its a common sense sort of thing.

DixieJeeper
03-23-2012, 01:27 PM
I called them today- the carbine is in. The operator was a total witch when I asked to be transfered to special orders/firearms, the clerk that answered was rude, short tempered, and annoyed that I called. The phone skills were about what I would expect from a 16 year working at Wally World. He also sounded like lurch from the Adams family and was eating on the phone. He ended the conversation so quick he inadvertently hung up on me in mid sentence asking when they opened.

The one question I got in as he was swinging the reciever down to hang up was that to purchase the firearm out of state in WVA all I need is the current PA drivers ID. Seems about right to me as on NRA ILA's website looks like I should be golden to purchase long gun/shotguns out of state and don't need a PA FFL to recieve the gun.

Never purchased an out of state weapon before.... well I am going to go pick it up tomorrow AM before work. I am going to purchase my firearm and leave, no ammo, no bag, not anything else. I will go to the local guys or dicks were I get better customer service.

AFTER I get my firearm I will write a letter to compliment the online staff and point out the defciencies of the store experence thus far. Perhaps it will be better in person? I am going to assume not but I will keep an open mind. I ALWAYS heard such great things about Cabelas, which make this all the more disturbing..

DixieJeeper
03-24-2012, 10:48 PM
Picked up the carbine this morning. Trip wasn't bad- the front door staff weren't very friendly, but the girls at the background/gun checkout were very helpfull. Overall instore I would give it a B... as there was an issue with the gun's packaging S/N not matching the shipping documents... ugggh I guess if lurchy would have finished his pork sandwich yesterday he would have noticed.

Anyhow I did get 2 hi-cap mags for the rifle as a "sorry" it also now ships with (2) hi caps instead of 8 rounders it used to so I have 4 hi cap mags.. SWEET.

Gun looks bad ass. I wasn't aware that the iron sights are completley adjustable and has windage settings too...

Would have gotten pictures- but the wife has the camera

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shooting/Centerfire-Rifles/Semiautomatic|/pc/104792580/c/105522480/sc/105524280/Hi-Point-Carbine/735180.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fshoot ing-centerfire-rifles-semiautomatic%2F_%2FN-1102333%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_105524280%3FWTz_l%3DSBC%3BMMcat104792 580%3Bcat105522480&WTz_l=SBC%3BMMcat104792580%3Bcat105522480%3Bcat105 524280

The_War_Wagon
03-25-2012, 06:56 PM
I special order firearms, AR lowers, etc., through an FFL in McKeesport who only charges $20/transfer. Anthony Arms charges $40/transfer, and Gander Mountain $75!!! :101: Da' heck, wit DAT!!!