PDA

View Full Version : Gameland new rules

DixieJeeper
03-28-2012, 09:50 PM
Ok sorta related to my range question.

I was told conflicting information about range time at the state gamelands- thinking about going to the Warrendale lands.

One person told me no range permit or hunting permit needed. Just no more than 3 rounds in the mag at a time and that there is a pistol and 300 yard rifle range there. So Carbine, .40 cal, and 12 ga. all ok to shoot.

Another told me you need a special permit and ammo/load isn't an issue just drop the $ in the drop box or pay the range master and shoot away.

I am sure somone on here would know... thanks oh and by they way I am just to 'lazy' to look it up myself. lol

pittim
03-28-2012, 11:11 PM
Gotta have either the range use permit or hunting license to be legal there.

Rifles are limited to 3 rounds in the mag, and pistols are limited to 6, again to be legal. I may or may not have loaded my 30 rounder and unloaded before, though.

Not sure about the 12ga thing.

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt?open=514&objID=620410&mode=2 (http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt?open=514&objID=620410&mode=2)

Azzy
03-28-2012, 11:34 PM
Ive been with someone who got a citation for loading 6 rounds in a rifle mag while on the pistol line. Dont play with the aminal cops.

As for shotguns, slugs are OK, shot is not. The gamelands really are targeted towards "sportsmen" who dont want you blasting away with your perfectly legal "assault rifle" that you cant hunt with. Its a bunch of Fudds, and its going to take a lot of work to change it.

It doesnt help that a bunch of ****holes go up there and pepper the ranges with birdshot, shoot the target holders up, and skip rounds off the berm, Kindof like the idiots that get trails closed.

YZEATER
03-29-2012, 07:09 AM
Is really just supposed to be for hunters. Go join a Sportsmans club if you want to shoot your tacticooool guns.

I'm glad I don't have to shoot at public ranges anymore.

Azzy
03-29-2012, 11:20 AM
Yeah, its always better to not have to worry about some numbnuts shooting after everyone goes down to change targets.

DixieJeeper
03-29-2012, 04:33 PM
...tacticooool guns...

LOL thanks guys...

HoodRN
03-29-2012, 05:27 PM
Ive been with someone who got a citation for loading 6 rounds in a rifle mag while on the pistol line. Dont play with the aminal cops.

As for shotguns, slugs are OK, shot is not. The gamelands really are targeted towards "sportsmen" who dont want you blasting away with your perfectly legal "assault rifle" that you cant hunt with. Its a bunch of Fudds, and its going to take a lot of work to change it.

It doesnt help that a bunch of ****holes go up there and pepper the ranges with birdshot, shoot the target holders up, and skip rounds off the berm, Kindof like the idiots that get trails closed.

The "Fudds" paid for the gamelands, and the ranges they contain. That said, it's doubtful that the regulations concerning magazine capacities will change. As far as the "animal cops", don't fail the attitude test, and likely won't be cited. YMMV.

joshs1ofakindxj
03-29-2012, 08:29 PM
The rules are now official: NO FUN.

Which reminds me I'm WAY overdue to host another shooting party at my place. Jon reminded me it's that time again last time I saw him.

Azzy
03-29-2012, 08:34 PM
The "Fudds" paid for the gamelands, and the ranges they contain. That said, it's doubtful that the regulations concerning magazine capacities will change. As far as the "animal cops", don't fail the attitude test, and likely won't be cited. YMMV.

Yeah, the fudds pay for them, just like I do with my hunting licenses and tags. Dont get me wrong, hunters arent all fudds... its the guys who are super cool with confiscations and banning because it wont hurt their "ought six" and being able to go to hunting camp once a year.

They are usually cut from the same cloth as Bill "no honest man need more than 10 rounds" Ruger.

HoodRN
03-29-2012, 09:49 PM
Actually, I've worked in the field for the Game Commission for 21 years, and have spoken to literally thousands of hunters. I've yet to meet one that was in favor of any sort of legislation restricting firearms ownership. Of any type.

As far as Ruger, he's 10-7, and his company is now offering factory high-caps. BTW, he was not the only manufacturer that was bowing to the boneheads in DC.

DixieJeeper
03-29-2012, 10:41 PM
The rules are now official: NO FUN.

Which reminds me I'm WAY overdue to host another shooting party at my place. Jon reminded me it's that time again last time I saw him.

Im down.... can we bring more then plinkers?

Azzy
03-30-2012, 12:05 AM
If you are GCO, then you sir have one of the crappiest treated jobs in law enforcement.

As for the fudd attitude, I saw tons of it growing up. Politicians (and the BATFE) still use the term "sportsman" as code, because it will pull in the same guys when it comes to voting time. Thankfully its grown out of the last few generations, but it still rears its ugly head. And I am aware that Ruger changed its attitude, and got with most of the manufacturers, and nixed the mentality that allowed for the 96 AWB. But its still an attitude of ignorance that prevails. And there is still a lot of bad code out there, which needs reviewed and nixed.

joshs1ofakindxj
03-30-2012, 08:21 AM
Im down.... can we bring more then plinkers?

My Range Rules:

1. Gun safety blah blah blah

2. No more than 5 pounds of tannerite at a time. That amount might compromise the above ground swimming pool 150 yards away from the range.

3. Firing from a moving vehicle is illegal, but not frowned upon by the RSO.

Azzy
03-30-2012, 09:59 AM
Do you have pintle mounts on those big trucks then?

joshs1ofakindxj
03-30-2012, 10:02 AM
Yup

DixieJeeper
04-02-2012, 10:20 PM
When are we going to do this :)