PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about Mogs???

joe_and_jeep
03-31-2012, 05:49 PM
Depending on how my divorce goes... Great way to start a topic lol... Anyhoo, depends how much money I have left I was thinking about buying a Mog. Davey's has one and it got me thinking. I was gonna use it as a tow rig/camping vehicle. But if the parts are hard to get and expensive I might get a deuce. Or I might just dump a lot of money into a trail rig. Hookers and blow are a close 4th choice but I drive a truck, so it don't have a trunk.

DMG
03-31-2012, 09:02 PM
Slow, underpowered and awesome. Not a good tow rig.

gonecheenin
03-31-2012, 09:18 PM
George's Unimog was cool as hell & fun to wheel (I drove it quite a bit when we were out in it so he could film), but honestly my YJ would wheel circles around it everywhere except for ground clearance.

DixieJeeper
03-31-2012, 10:43 PM
seriously just woke my kid up with the hookers and blow comment.

Unimogs aren't the best TOW rigs but have seen them convert old unimog ambulances into something like a quigley van on crack (to keep with the drug theme)

jackb1
04-01-2012, 09:21 AM
They're half man - half dog. Their own best friend.

joe_and_jeep
04-01-2012, 10:27 AM
That sucks, I figured it would be a badass rig to tow my Jeep and have a place to sleep in. I can deal with 55mph, but if they won't pull a hill then there is no use. I like the deuce's but theyre so friggin' huge. Most guys buy a Corvette when they get divorced, my dick still works tho.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/joe_and_jeep/62mb.jpg

DMG
04-01-2012, 10:38 AM
Put an LS1 from a 'vette in the Mog, Joe. Then it will tow and your dick will be happy, too. :flipoff2:

jim91303
04-01-2012, 01:07 PM
I been thinking of getting a late 90s short school bus and convert the back to a camper and tow with it.

DixieJeeper
04-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Why go half ass? There is a guy that goes to BDOR all the item and has this:

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i375/ScottTurboTJ/DSC00298.jpg

It an old charter bus- with the rears top cut off and bubbled up like a cargo plane's nose, he left the first like 4 rows for bunks and seating, the buggy rolls in, the back with a dovetail type ramp, and has a full shop with generator power, from the genset in the old luggage area.

There also is a guy that took a fullsize bus and lopped the back 3/4 of the bus of put the rear of the passenger comparment on after the first 4 or 5 rows again, and converted the rest in to a flatbed area and made ramps for the jeep to drive up and be tied down like a trailer behind the camper/bus secttion.

BUZZINHALFDOZZEN
04-01-2012, 09:18 PM
I'd rather have that first gen cummins. Looks pretty nice

ridgerunner97
04-01-2012, 09:28 PM
^ I didn't even notice the bus first LOL that first gen had me drooling.

joshs1ofakindxj
04-01-2012, 10:41 PM
Hacked up buses FTW!

I was thinking about taking my beater cherokee to places with the deuce, and I still might, but the deuce itself is pretty slick offroad so I guess it is the toy. They're cheap, parts are surprisingly plentiful and affordable, and fun.

They're definitely big, but no joke, I drive mine every weekend like it is a pickup truck to get groceries or whatever. It's very driveable. Also the multifuel motor means almost free fuel. My custom brew costs me about $1.25 a gallon and going down as I make more. That includes the pump fuel I cut it with.

OverkillZJ
04-02-2012, 08:22 AM
. Hookers and blow are a close 4th choice but I drive a truck, so it don't have a trunk.

So wrong, but I laughed a lot...

DixieJeeper
04-02-2012, 09:39 AM
If I could go anything I would go duece too- with the multifuel- only due to the fact I think there is going to be a time very near in the future when the brown stuff hits the fan and effects our society in a big way--including fuel availabilty but thats just me wearing my tin foil hat typing this from my bunker next to my 6 year food supply and 10,000 rounds of ammo.

Azzy
04-02-2012, 11:08 AM
I would love either a unimog or a duece... bggest issue personally would be putting them somewhere. i need to hit the jackpot, buy this land for sale behind me, and build a garage.

joshs1ofakindxj
04-05-2012, 03:31 PM
If I could go anything I would go duece too- with the multifuel- only due to the fact I think there is going to be a time very near in the future when the brown stuff hits the fan and effects our society in a big way--including fuel availabilty but thats just me wearing my tin foil hat typing this from my bunker next to my 6 year food supply and 10,000 rounds of ammo.

woah, you too? http://communities.ptc.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/38-1286-6322/64-48/tin+foil+hat+smiley.gif

atvboo
04-05-2012, 04:35 PM
Joe if you found a mog in good shape and don't want it let me know have always been interested in one

joe_and_jeep
04-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Check Davey's Jeeps. They have a nice one, from what I can tell via internet. I'm thinking bobbed deuce now.