PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a motobatt in their cycle?

Azzy
04-11-2012, 02:02 PM
http://www.amazon.com/MotoBatt-MB10U-Battery/dp/B0042PJX2K/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS?ie=UTF8&coliid=I1RAE5RGPWMFRA&colid=12I4W5TI5FGTC

Have another junk battery, and seem to go through them once every year and a half. Ive bought from a few places, but those things all seem to be the same. So I am thinking of going AGM.

Any thoughts?

joshs1ofakindxj
04-11-2012, 02:09 PM
I was thinking about posting a similar thread. My dad puts a new battery from the arctic cat dealer in his ATV every year it seems. I was wondering who sells ATV battiers that can't be killed. I'm alos trying to get him to start using a float charger or battery tender.

2002wranglerX
04-11-2012, 02:09 PM
float charger for the win

jackb1
04-11-2012, 02:13 PM
I bought a sealed battery from autozone last summer and it sat all winter... just fired the jetski right up this weekend. First time I've ever not had to at least charge a battery in the spring. Only 1 year old at this point, but so far I'm impressed.

Azzy
04-11-2012, 02:55 PM
I have 3 battery tenders, (2 BT brand, one energiser brand) and they seem to keep the batteries good over the winter, my batteries in teh bike dont seem to last. Teh honda branded one in the wife's bike seems fine for the last few years too. Then again, thats a kick start as well, and the battery isnt as important, it will run without.

Azzy
04-19-2012, 12:33 PM
Well, its in, holding a charge, and has a set of spare posts so I can wire up my extra bits (like my horn and USB charger leads).

Hard to review a battery till they crap out on you though. hardware is all brass and fasteners are all good uality steel, no lead and aluminum. Comes with dilectric grease already on them too.

PatF10
04-19-2012, 01:42 PM
i dunno what kind of battery it is, but we bought our quad back in 96 and have only replaced the battery once. It sits for months without running sometimes. Its just a normal lead acid. I guess it just depends how much draw the vehicle puts on the battery when it isnt running. my harley on the otherhand will kill the battery over time.