PDA

View Full Version : Scooby problems

jlovbasz3
06-04-2012, 11:05 AM
The car belongs to my neighbor. It's a 2000 Subaru Impreza AWD auto. Car will not start he replaced the battery thinking that was the problem still the same result as before. The door buzzer will chime, doors lock/unlock horn sounds by pressing or from key fob thats all. No interior/exterior lights come on nothing shows on the cluster. Break lights do not come on when the pedal is pressed. With the key all the way forward the car will not shift into neutral, had to use the interlock or whatever its called to get it in neutral. I checked all the connections for corrosion (none) and made sure that everything was tight (it was) checked all the fuses both under hood and in car all are good and getting power with test light tried the code scanner but it would not work it just said no connection.
:017:

JEEPIN/J.S.A
06-04-2012, 02:41 PM
I know this sounds stupid but does it have auto start on it? I have seen something similar to this twice before where the auto start or the car alarm has overridden the ignition and electronics and for lack of a better term, locked out the car. I had to disconnect the alarm to get the vehicle to do anything. now these were both after market alarm systems, but I did see the same thing in a 2010 explorer with a factory auto start & alarm, but it had to be taken to the dealer to get it fixed, but it was due to the same problem....car seemed completely dead

jlovbasz3
06-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Idk if it has auto start I will ask the owner. I was thinking the same thing the alarm might have something to do with it. He may need to get it towed to the dealer. Thanks for the input!

dcarr1971
06-04-2012, 05:25 PM
I'd try digging around over on http://forums.nasioc.com/ before having it towed off to a dealer. There's a lot of good info over there...

Super Scout
06-04-2012, 05:34 PM
x2 on the remote start. Esp the aftermarkets. You should just be able to unplug the remote start and hit the key.

jlovbasz3
06-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Just talked to the owner the car does not have remote start.

DixieJeeper
06-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Did he or someone else jump it or attempt to? You are describing a CLASSIC reverse polarity jump sceanrio in a modern OBD II/CAN bus equipped car.

jlovbasz3
06-04-2012, 09:16 PM
I don't think so I believe the car went dead then he bought a new battery I will ask him and make sure.