PDA

View Full Version : Winchester 1300 extended mag toob too long? You tell me...

HeepH8erTy
06-05-2012, 05:27 PM
So since i bought the gun about a month ago, i have been wanting to get a mag tube extension because i was tired of it only holding 4 + 1. When i was looking around online at work, I kept seeing a bunch of extensions that were for 7+1 and 8+1... then I saw a 10+1! and was like hell yea, thats what I need. Not thinking and not having the gun with me to measure at the time, I went ahead and ordered it. Then i kind of forgot about it and never measured. So today I got it in the mail and slapped it on and it sticks out about 2.5" past the end of the choke. Anyone know if this is bad? The choke is a full tactical breacher from carlson's. I think full chokes measure .700" diam, but i just measured it and its .780"... so the pattern may be larger than i thought. Wasn't sure if some buckshot would hit it or not. I would just say f it and test it out, but id like to return it if i cant use it and they arent going to take back a ****ed up part. BTW, its a 12 ga and i usually shoot 2 3/4" cheapo target rounds with the occasional 3" mags when i wanna do some damage lol

What do you think?

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q220/hardbodyty/extendedmag.jpg

HeepH8erTy
06-05-2012, 05:31 PM
maybe i can get a tighter choke and it will be ok?

ridgerunner97
06-05-2012, 06:30 PM
F-it, send one down range. That's what I'd do. I don't think she's going to open a pattern up that early to hit it.

HeepH8erTy
06-05-2012, 06:44 PM
i did say f it lol just tested it with some 2 3/4's and 3 in mags, doesnt hit it. looks kinda gay though sticking out like that, think im gonna just shorten it, was readin online a couple o ways i can do that.

DixieJeeper
06-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Get a longer no breaching barell for that gun- then buy ANOTHER gun to put the breaching short breaching barell on the new long gun! Thats what I would do.

joshs1ofakindxj
06-05-2012, 10:55 PM
I don't like the look, and it eliminates the door breaching function of that brake, which I would certainly be attempting.

DMG
06-05-2012, 11:58 PM
At 2.5 inches the shot is still in the wad cup. Don't worry about it.

HeepH8erTy
06-06-2012, 01:44 PM
yea josh, i need to attempt using it but dont know of any doors i can try it on haha any other ideas of something cool i can try it out on?

I was reading on a couple gun forums about people making custom ones and shortening ones that are too long, im thinking about shortening so its about an inch shorter than the end of the choke, i think that would be about my max length i could have and still use the breacher.

yea dave, i was worried when i first put it on then did a couple google searches and found that out. i guess if ya think about it, if the shot spread fast enough to hit it, that would be a massive pattern, even at 5 feet lol

joshs1ofakindxj
06-06-2012, 02:30 PM
I see free doors on craigslist all the time, but any big piece of wood should do.

Make sure you put on your face shield and flak jacket (you have those right?), get real close and aim at a slight angle, practice the shoot and kick method while yelling "IRS/TSA/DEA/FBI/CIA/NSA/DHS/PPD/USMC/etc! GET DOWN ON THE FLOOR!".

HeepH8erTy
06-06-2012, 02:59 PM
hahaha, o hell yea! you really got me thinkin now. Thanks!

BUZZINHALFDOZZEN
06-06-2012, 04:50 PM
http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/product_info.php/cPath/52/products_id/6127?osCsid=9uhgra26eok3kea50uee3q5ag7

Looks like fun to me

JEEPIN/J.S.A
06-06-2012, 05:54 PM
get real close and aim at a slight angle, practice the shoot and kick method while yelling "IRS/TSA/DEA/FBI/CIA/NSA/DHS/PPD/USMC/etc! GET DOWN ON THE FLOOR!".

Thats a mouth full.... I think I could escape by the time you rattle all that off....lol

Azzy
06-06-2012, 10:50 PM
Only bad thing I can think of is now the shotgun is more front heavy and you got something to clean powder residue off of.