PDA

View Full Version : Tow?!?

cjw94xk
06-08-2012, 09:30 PM
This isn't an emergency but I need it done asap (by Sunday night). My Jeep took a crap on me driving home from work today on I79. It wasn't the smartest idea, but I was able to back it down to the exit I got on (Coraopolis) and get it back to my work eventually. I put a fuel pump in it a few weeks ago and I believe it crapped out. Anyhow... It has a np249 and I need a flatbed. I anyone on here could help me out I would really appreciate it. Hook up fees are a bit on the high side nowadays compared to when I used to walk to school uphill both ways with no shoes on!
Thanks
Jamie

Mykal
06-08-2012, 09:45 PM
If no one can help you and you have to call a tow truck. Dont.
Instead sign up for AAA. You get 4 tows a year and road side assistance for $100 or so.

2002wranglerX
06-08-2012, 10:08 PM
Where is it now and where does it need to go?

DixieJeeper
06-08-2012, 11:06 PM
Ok I can help out if I get the heads up. I have the trailer hooked up right now on the Tahoe and its empty right now... so it will work out perfect.

if you send me a PM I can do it now as long as you don't live in timbucktoo.

if not I wont be able to do it until 10 PM Saturday night or after 6 PM on sunday.. I have a winch on the trailer too. PM me and lets see if I can help out.

DixieJeeper
06-08-2012, 11:14 PM
Are you still on the off ramp? or are you at work? You will get the recovery fee if you are on the highway or roadway, fee mmight be less if you are going from garage/shop/work to home. Text message sent.

OverkillZJ
06-09-2012, 12:28 AM
If no one can help you and you have to call a tow truck. Dont.
Instead sign up for AAA. You get 4 tows a year and road side assistance for $100 or so. Heads up: sign up for aaa before you need it... they have a grace period, grace being "you are up a creek without a paddle.'

Mykal
06-09-2012, 12:32 AM
Heh. Didnt know that. I signed up. Called back 30 mins later and used it. Good to know for O.P. though.

DixieJeeper
06-09-2012, 12:41 AM
Im towing him tomorrow after work...

cjw94xk
06-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Thanks for all of the replys. I thought about the AAA thing, and you're right, there is a grace period. 10 days in fact. May be worth getting in the long run anyhow.
See ya later on Dixie. If you can do it earlier let me know. Thanks