PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Spring Issue?

JBs X
06-28-2012, 09:41 PM
I need some help with diagnosing an issue with my '03 Ram. When I apply the brakes, the rear of my truck bounces pretty bad. It is more noticable if I'm braking coming down a hill, but it does it on the level too. I just recently replaced all 4 shocks, so I am thinking I have an issue with my leaf springs.

Any thoughts?

Super Scout
06-28-2012, 09:53 PM
Sure its not the brakes ? Like a warped rotor, or something up with the drum. Not sure if they have 4 wheel disc or not.

JBs X
06-28-2012, 09:58 PM
The reason I didn't think it was the brakes was because I don't have the usual pulsating brake pedal or shaking steering wheel.

Sloth_Fratelli
06-28-2012, 11:31 PM
is it literally hopping up and down or just kinda vibrating? feel it in the seat? my guess would be warped rotors/out of round drums. warped rear rotors/drums wont make the wheel shake

Super Scout
06-29-2012, 07:18 AM
You wont always feel it thru the pedal.. I know on my 96 Chevy my drums were so bad I thought the truck was going to blow up. It would bounce like a son of a bitch. Never felt it thru the pedal

JBs X
06-29-2012, 03:21 PM
Ok, I will have to check my rotors. It is definitely bouncing bad enough to shake your voice when your talking. Thanks for the help!