PDA

View Full Version : Night shooting competition:

Azzy
09-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Since it was in another thread about some zombie related thing, our club hosts a night time "Zombie shoot" every year, this is the 4th one.

http://www.pmsconline.com/pmsc/?q=node/40

ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE-4 THE DARK SHOOT
DATE November 9 or 10. 5:30 shooters meeting, 6: pm "Shotgun start"
Emailed me to confirm the night/s you will be shooting.
Hunting license; $25 per night. $12 for ZA-4 tee shirt.
Fee must be in before October 10th. After this date a $5 fee will be added!
Five stages, 18 to 34 rounds each with 132 round minimum for rifle or pistol. This is the first year for shotgun!!!! Shotgun is one round per target or 66 rounds. 66 slugs and one bird shot round for door breaching.

Requirements;
You must have “Action” shooting (IDPA, USPSA, POUFA or Tactical experience and understand the range commands. You must have some kind of light, hand held flashlight or gun mounted light. On the low light stage No light will be used. Green & red lasers encouraged.
Pistol start position, is either holstered or gun on table.
Rifle/shotgun start position; with both hands on rifle in position indicated; port arms, low ready, in one case last year "Muzzle in the Dark Night's crotch".
Cold Range! All firearms are unloaded until given the command to “Make Ready”!
CARRY position of guns from stage to stage is; holstered, bagged or rifle/shotgun, vertical (up or down) from a sling. NO excessive swinging or leveling of rifle/shotgun while walking or standing. This could result is a match disqualification.
Safe tables; All handling of fire arms are either on the line after the RO gives the command to "Make Ready" or at one of our safe tables. You may not put your long arm down anywhere but at the safe tables. No ammunition is aloud at the safe tables.
DISQUALIFICATIONS;
ANY break of the 180 rule is a match disqualification.
An accidental discharge. Either at the ground or over the berm.
Handling of firearms outside of the safe tables provided. Please "gun up" at a Safe Table!.
If disqualified, shooter will NOT continue with the shoot.
Shooter will put their firearm away and will NOT receive reimbursement of match fees.

Make check out PMSC Mail to; Mark Cleaver 412-720-2556 (tel:412-720-2556)
314 Lawrence Ave
North Versailles PA 15137

I shot it last year, and it was challenging and fun. Debated shooting pistol this time, but going to go AR again and see if I can improve. Here is a video of my buddy shooting it with is $2000 Kriss setup and a $30 Nerf NV "scope". It actually worked with the eotech and he did pretty well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5ce6zhxl8U