PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Firearms

joshs1ofakindxj
09-11-2012, 03:07 PM
It's a long shot, but if anyone comes into contact with the following, notify the state police immediately:

1. Walther PPK/S .380 ACP Stainless Semi-auto Serial Number S063413

2. H&R .32 S&W "Top Break" Revolver Blued Serial Number 219 501

3. German WW2 Walther P38 9mm Blued with 3rd Reich Nazi markings Semi-Auto leather holster Serial Number 72

4. German WW2 Original SA Dagger, all brown handle and scabbard, one blade side says "Alles fur Deutschland" and the other side is maker marked RZM M7/13 - this is not a serialized item so unless it is found with the pistols then there is no identifying it.

commando72
09-11-2012, 05:06 PM
sorry to hear about this Josh. hopefully you will recover them.

chux72vette
09-11-2012, 10:14 PM
Real sorry to hear about this Josh as that really sux. If you can give any other details, please do. Also, if LE is involved as there are a few pawn shops around me here and a gunshop over on Neville Island I can check if need be.

joshs1ofakindxj
09-12-2012, 08:15 AM
Thanks guys. I've already accepted that I will probably never see them again. The important thing now is catching the criminals.

State Police have been notified that they were stolen.

DMG
09-12-2012, 09:20 AM
That sucks. Were they taken from your house? I will keep an eye out.

joshs1ofakindxj
09-12-2012, 11:13 AM
These were taken from my parent's house this past Saturday among other things.

Ragnorox
09-12-2012, 03:25 PM
Josh have you been canvasing the local gun/pawn shops?

joshs1ofakindxj
09-12-2012, 04:28 PM
I called and let a lot of local shops know what was stolen. I'm not familiar with any local pawn shops.

Azzy
09-12-2012, 04:52 PM
Im guessing they have filed a police report, but if they havent, be careful of "lost and stolen" ordinaces. That really sucks, i'll pass on the lookout to some friends in the community and let you know if I hear anything back.

joshs1ofakindxj
09-12-2012, 10:57 PM
They were reported stolen as soon as it was discovered.

EddyB
09-13-2012, 01:15 PM
I feel your pain. I was broken into in May and the shotgun that I kept in my bedroom was taken. They broke in through a window after using a 2x4 to shimmy up onto my back porch in broad daylight on a Sunday morning. Allegheny county CSU came the next day and dusted for prints. I have yet to hear anything. Everything else was in the safe, although they never went into the basement.

I find it very comical that people always ask me if I reported the robbery.

For those of you that haven't done this yet, don't put it off any longer. Get a safe. Take pictures and write down all of the info for your guns. Criminals get more brazen everyday. Don't think it won't happen to you.

Azzy
09-13-2012, 04:53 PM
For those of you that haven't done this yet, don't put it off any longer. Get a safe. Take pictures and write down all of the info for your guns. Criminals get more brazen everyday. Don't think it won't happen to you.

And resist the temptation to show off what you have, and ask friends and family to not tell their friends. My dad keeps telling all his biker bar buddies about my damn collection, even after I ask him not to.

As for safes.. obscurity is security.

jackb1
09-13-2012, 05:10 PM

Huh? you talking hidden wall or what do you mean?

joshs1ofakindxj
09-13-2012, 06:33 PM
I'm dropping about $1700 on a safe this weekend.

justin'sbig7
09-13-2012, 07:29 PM
And resist the temptation to show off what you have, and ask friends and family to not tell their friends. My dad keeps telling all his biker bar buddies about my damn collection, even after I ask him not to.

Good thing hes not talking about your collection on an open internet forum or anything! Sorry just couldnt help it. :lol:

Ill keep my eyes open too josh. I have a couple gun shop owners that are friends, ill let them know to be on the lookout. Hope they find them

Wrecker
09-14-2012, 09:22 AM
If I had guns, I would tell my son not to talk about them at school. I wouldnt have signs on the outside of my house with "Wincheester Lane' or other dead give aways. Same with NRA stickers. I also wouldnt keep my vault in plain site. I would perfer the basement, or someplace else out of line of site. If I had guns.

joshs1ofakindxj
09-14-2012, 11:38 AM
In this great land of milk and honey, I believe it's about a 60% chance a home has a firearm in it, so even if you don't advertise, criminals know that they have a better chance than 50/50 of scoring a weapon.

With that said, not advertising and OPSEC are still the best ways to avoid being a target.

EddyB
09-14-2012, 12:11 PM

I was amazed at the places they went though when I was broken into. Just like a cop knows all the hiding spots in a car when he's looking for contraband, criminals know about all the little nooks in most houses. Something purpose built would be the way to go here.

The CSU guys that came and dusted for prints said that the reason they didn't go into the basement was because they feel that they can get trapped in them. This is not set in stone of course.

mxg342
09-15-2012, 11:03 AM
Add a Taurus 709 to this list too. S/N TDN66677.

joshs1ofakindxj
09-15-2012, 08:42 PM
Taken from your home?

mxg342
09-17-2012, 06:31 PM
yep. Possibly even by someone working on my house construction although I can only say there is circumstatial evidence.

Azzy
09-18-2012, 01:12 AM
Good thing hes not talking about your collection on an open internet forum or anything! Sorry just couldnt help it. :lol:

Ill keep my eyes open too josh. I have a couple gun shop owners that are friends, ill let them know to be on the lookout. Hope they find them

Yep, too bad they all got lost in a tragic offroading accident where I could have used a boat :) Never talk about everything online, ya know?

Oh, they gotthese listed on the wall at Ace, just in case someone tries to sell them.