PDA

View Full Version : I simply can't not share this - ObamaPhone

OverkillZJ
09-28-2012, 10:41 AM
I've watched this about 4 times and can't stop laughing - her voice sounds like Harry Carry!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio

DMG
09-28-2012, 11:03 AM
You are just mas because Obamafone is cutting into Solavei's business :flipoff2:

I wonder if that useless bag of meat in the video has any idea where the money for her food stamps and free Obamafone come from?

OverkillZJ
09-28-2012, 11:08 AM
Crap, I didn't think of that - DOWN WITH OBAMA PHONE!

MemorEsto
09-28-2012, 11:31 AM
Ugh.... you should have to pass a test to vote.

Bird_Flu
09-28-2012, 11:45 AM
Is this like the Bat Phone?

PatF10
09-28-2012, 11:49 AM
a proud part of the 47%

2002wranglerX
09-28-2012, 12:28 PM
13,000,000 people have these phones. they get 250 minutes a month and additional minutes for getting other people to sign up for a phone... a free phone... well free to those a$$holes

Muzikman
09-28-2012, 12:33 PM
I wonder if the guy hiding his phone, while he texted, behind a "Homeless, need food and money" sign on the parkway on-ramp from Homestead had an Obama phone.

Super Scout
09-28-2012, 01:24 PM
13,000,000 people have these phones. they get 250 minutes a month and additional minutes for getting other people to sign up for a phone... a free phone... well free to those a$$holes

Every time someone mentions this around my dad I think he is going to have a heart attack, he gets so angry. With good reason too, its outrageous.

DMG
09-28-2012, 01:27 PM
Just to keep this factual, the free phone program was around before Obama was elected and is not technically government funded. There is a charge on each of our phone bills to pay for her free phone.

With that voice, I bet none of her friends are really happy that she has a phone.

XJchris98
09-28-2012, 02:05 PM
Ugh.... you should have to pass a test to vote.

^This.

Although, I might have to "chine" up and get one of them Obama phones myself, lolz.

http://youtu.be/Fhep2QOzM2s
^This might be the icing on the cake though, haha!

OverkillZJ
09-28-2012, 02:43 PM
I seriously can't stop laughing at these videos. They're just plain humorous.

OverkillZJ
09-28-2012, 02:44 PM
Just to keep this factual, the free phone program was around before Obama was elected and is not technically government funded. There is a charge on each of our phone bills to pay for her free phone.

With that voice, I bet none of her friends are really happy that she has a phone.

It's an FCC regulated charge though, correct? Tax for all paying cell phone users?

Hell doesn't matter, sigh up for Solavei and refer 9 people and you have free service anyway :overkill:

Bird_Flu
09-28-2012, 07:50 PM
It's funny money through a number of different programs. Like most government programs it comes from the "general fund."

jkrob
09-30-2012, 11:54 PM
One word. wow

IBJEEPN
11-12-2012, 08:23 AM
http://obamaphone.net/ It was introduced during the Bush administration. Shrubphone ! lol....

OverkillZJ
11-12-2012, 09:45 AM
http://obamaphone.net/ It was introduced during the Bush administration. Shrubphone ! lol....

Negative. From your own link:

The term “the Obama Phone” has been all around since the day Barack Obama became the president of the United States of America. Many people think that Obama is giving free cellphones to the poor in order to redistribute the wealth of rich people. Since then two groups are mudslinging at each other.It’s true that government provides free cellphones to the poor and disabled people. But the Obama part is not true as Obama didn’t initiate this program. It’s on the run since the administration of Reagan. This program has two parts: one is called the ‘Link-Up’ which provided free landline connection to the poor and the other is called the ‘Lifeline’ which provides waiver on telephone bills. These two programs are simply called ‘Lifeline’ when lumped together.
This service is provided by government approved companies. The three major companies are Safelink Wireless, Assurance Wireless and ReachOut Wireless.
Today government provides waivers on landline phone bills for people with low income living inside US territory. This program began during Clinton’s administration and still continuing under Obamas’ administration.
With the increasing use of mobile technologies cost came down. To low income individuals and senior citizens, cellphones were included under Lifeline. At present, government gives free cellphone with 250 minutes of free talk time to those people who are eligible and have signed up for this program. It started back in 2008 when Trafcone started their service under this program at Tennessee. At the same year Obama was elected President but Trafcone began their Safelink service three months before which means the program was discussed and approved by Obama’s predecessor Bush. So now you know that there is nothing called “the Obama Phone”.
Over 8 million people have already signed up for the Lifeline program and up to 35% of Americans are qualified. Click here to see if you are qualified (http://obamaphone.net/who-qualifies-for-an-obama-phone) or click here to find out how to get a free cell phone (http://obamaphone.net/how-do-i-get-an-obama-phone).

"35% of Americans are qualified" - we really need to re-define "poor" and "In need" in this country. ;Ahhhh first world problems...

OverkillZJ
11-12-2012, 09:45 AM

Negative as "starting under" Bush, it's had a few versions. From your own link:

The term “the Obama Phone” has been all around since the day Barack Obama became the president of the United States of America. Many people think that Obama is giving free cellphones to the poor in order to redistribute the wealth of rich people. Since then two groups are mudslinging at each other.It’s true that government provides free cellphones to the poor and disabled people. But the Obama part is not true as Obama didn’t initiate this program. It’s on the run since the administration of Reagan. This program has two parts: one is called the ‘Link-Up’ which provided free landline connection to the poor and the other is called the ‘Lifeline’ which provides waiver on telephone bills. These two programs are simply called ‘Lifeline’ when lumped together.
This service is provided by government approved companies. The three major companies are Safelink Wireless, Assurance Wireless and ReachOut Wireless.
Today government provides waivers on landline phone bills for people with low income living inside US territory. This program began during Clinton’s administration and still continuing under Obamas’ administration.
With the increasing use of mobile technologies cost came down. To low income individuals and senior citizens, cellphones were included under Lifeline. At present, government gives free cellphone with 250 minutes of free talk time to those people who are eligible and have signed up for this program. It started back in 2008 when Trafcone started their service under this program at Tennessee. At the same year Obama was elected President but Trafcone began their Safelink service three months before which means the program was discussed and approved by Obama’s predecessor Bush. So now you know that there is nothing called “the Obama Phone”.
Over 8 million people have already signed up for the Lifeline program and up to 35% of Americans are qualified. Click here to see if you are qualified (http://obamaphone.net/who-qualifies-for-an-obama-phone) or click here to find out how to get a free cell phone (http://obamaphone.net/how-do-i-get-an-obama-phone).

"35% of Americans are qualified" - we really need to re-define "poor" and "In need" in this country. ;Ahhhh first world problems...

"So you now know that there is nothing called "the Obama phone" - this is where i disagree. It may have started elsewhere, but it certainly wasn't to be pushed as qualifying 1/3rd of our nation. It was designed for those that were really in need of it. Obama's views in general are to get folks hooked on subsidized programs, always has been, and he's never denied it. I think Obama Phone is the best name for it!

Super Scout
11-12-2012, 03:02 PM
Yeah a Cell phone is not a NEED, not now, not ever.

DMG
11-12-2012, 03:23 PM
It's an FCC regulated charge though, correct? Tax for all paying cell phone users?

Hell doesn't matter, sigh up for Solavei and refer 9 people and you have free service anyway :overkill:

Yes, it is FCC regulated. Not IRS. so it is not at tax, we pay a seperate tax on phone bills. It is something different. Maybe a redistribution of wealth.

I want Solavei, btw. Just can't use my current phone on it. Tell them to fix that.

OverkillZJ
11-12-2012, 04:02 PM
I want Solavei, btw. Just can't use my current phone on it. Tell them to fix that.
LOL - it won't be "fixed" - Verizon phones will never transfer to other networks, another reason I dislike them so much. The fix for me was buying a new phone and selling my old one, I still came out way ahead considering the cost difference and no-contract.

IBJEEPN
11-12-2012, 05:36 PM
Not here to argue. I agree we need to re-define the rich and poor. And their needs.

HeepH8erTy
11-13-2012, 12:00 AM
i dont think the lowlifes in those videos realize that they are just proving that they are the problem with this country. That being said, I watched em both a couple times this evening and couldnt stop laughing. I got my bamaFFFOOOONNNEEEEEE!!! i got sosh security!!! hahaha so sad....

DMG
11-13-2012, 01:23 PM
LOL - it won't be "fixed" - Verizon phones will never transfer to other networks, another reason I dislike them so much. The fix for me was buying a new phone and selling my old one, I still came out way ahead considering the cost difference and no-contract.

My phone is ATT.

OverkillZJ
11-13-2012, 02:30 PM
My phone is ATT. Ohhhh, that's a horse of a different color! I don't know why I thought you had Verizon. Let me double check with Jeff / Birdflu - he brought his iphone over from ATT successfully and it works fine on Solavei.

DMG
11-13-2012, 03:49 PM
Ohhhh, that's a horse of a different color! I don't know why I thought you had Verizon. Let me double check with Jeff / Birdflu - he brought his iphone over from ATT successfully and it works fine on Solavei.

You probably thought I had verizon because last time we talked about it we had each drank about 9 beers. :laughing:

OverkillZJ
11-13-2012, 04:29 PM
Yeah... that would explain it!!!

Bird_Flu
11-13-2012, 05:00 PM
Dave, is your contract up with AT&T? If so you'll need to submit a request to unlock your iPhone through AT&T.

Once your device is unlocked (you have to do a backup and restore in iTunes once you're confirmed unlocked through AT&T) then you can give Solavei your IMEI number during the sign-up process and you'll get your SIM in the mail and I can help you configure it when activating. There are some APN settings you have to configure to get it working but it's all pretty easy. The only gotcha I've seen so far is the APN gets wiped out when you do an iOS upgrade, for instance when I upgraded from iOS 6.0 to 6.0.1 the internet and MMS APN settings got slightly FUBAR'ed and I had to reset some fields. Not a big deal but it took me a minute to figure out when my wife was complaining about not being able to send picture mail.

Also at least for the foreseeable future you'll be stuck on edge speeds. T-Mobile is currently switching the spectrum they use to match AT&T's frequencies so they can use the vacated spectrum for their LTE roll-out. So when not connected to wi-fi it's going to be pretty slow. That having been said T-Mobile is 95% done with the tower work they need to do, they literally just have to flip a few switches to cut over a market and most markets should be done by end of this year. They said it could run until June 2013 but I think they'll be done before then. And that's all you need to know about using an iPhone on Solavei. I'll be travelling down to Baltimore in the near future which is already converted so I'll let you know how 3G speeds are down there once I get back.

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/
(https://www.att.com/deviceunlock)

DMG
11-14-2012, 10:10 AM
Not to totally hijack this thread but, how is service in rural areas?

My contract with ATT is up and I have 2 lines so I would swap over the iphone and probably buy a Galaxy S3 if I can get over its immense size.

Bird_Flu
11-14-2012, 10:28 AM
I haven't ventured much into rural areas since getting the service. I would check T-Mobile's service map, that will let you know how it works for the most part. I was at the Tanger Outlets on Saturday and it was a little spotty. I would lose service in the stores but get it back when I got outside. I know they have a roaming agreement with AT&T so supposedly if it works where AT&T or T-Mobile works your phone should work, how well is another story.

Super Scout
11-14-2012, 10:29 AM
I checked out T mobile service map before...it didn't look good and that was compared to sprint. I will see if I can find the link I used.

OverkillZJ
11-14-2012, 02:30 PM
Use this map, it'll let you put in actual addresses and is specific to Solavei: http://www.solavei.com/mobile-service/coverage

beat1078
11-14-2012, 03:03 PM
Your map is pretty accurate. All around my house is medium green except for this spot over top of my house that is gray for no service.
I honestly think my house is tempested or something.

OverkillZJ
11-14-2012, 03:26 PM
^Hahahahahahaha- your house truly is a black-hole for cell service... Maybe we should experiment some time!~ https://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=off&tbo=d&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=t-mobile+repeater&oq=t-mobile+repeater&gs_l=hp.3..0l3j0i30.520.4980.0.5077.29.16.7.6.6.0. 133.1270.11j4.15.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.kv6IKdpuF-0&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=2abf001963094cd4&bpcl=38626820&biw=1920&bih=97