PDA

View Full Version : A message from the Admin...

LordAthens
11-13-2004, 04:00 PM
Yes, so after months of mucking around in databases, attempting to get both the forum and the news page databases running as one.. It works!

Right off the bat you'll notice we have a real forum. We will also have a huge gallery to post those sweet flex shots and the trailer queens. You can even order online prints right from the gallery and have the prints shipped straight to you.

Also, a full news page with calendar, to plan trips, Meet and Greets and trail rides. And of course private messaging.

I'm working to find some type of "garage" module, so we can have a nice "Readers Rides" type of section that we can throw a pic or 3 of the rig along with a easy format for the specs on the rig. I haven't found anything exactly quite like that, so I may take the time to design our own.

This is a community run site, so I want everyone's feedback. Don't like the color\theme choice for the boards? Post and let us know. Want to see a feature that you've seen on another site? Post and let us know! Groups like ours only get better with participation! Are you good with graphics \ Photoshop? Please.. let me know! As it sits, the graphics leave a bit to be desired

So, welcome to the new home of PghOffRoad!

-Brandon

andrew2516
01-24-2007, 10:17 PM
Glad to see we have a good forum going here! I didn't realize this forum has been around for like 3 years.

:icon_super: :icon_pray: :116: :icon_pidu:

OverkillZJ
01-24-2007, 11:07 PM
Uhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh, are you drinking? Because that post was made years ago, ON THE OLD FORUM.

Posts were imported from phpBB when I migrated to vBulletin.

andrew2516
01-24-2007, 11:11 PM
:icon_fU: I'm not drunk!

I just didnt realize this forum has been around that long which is why i brought up the oldest thread I could find...and wanted to say this is one of the better local forums I visit.:041:

PK
01-24-2007, 11:23 PM
Six and half years.

jeepxj3
01-24-2007, 11:47 PM
I hear pgh-offroad (http://www.pgh-offroad) made it onto the intraweb recently too! :041: :116: :D

joshs1ofakindxj
01-25-2007, 12:17 AM
haha, so where's that "garage-module"?

jeepxj3
01-25-2007, 12:19 AM
haha, so where's that "garage-module"?
x2 I want to be able to open the garage door on our various members, and do a walk around on their rigs!

andrew2516
01-25-2007, 12:21 AM
It would be kinda cool:icon_madu:

OverkillZJ
01-25-2007, 01:01 AM
Six and half years.

Newb's don't realize our humble beginnings ;)

At least I didn't figure out an easy way to import posts from Yahoo, they'd bring those threads from 6 years ago to the top!

Garage module.... Actually worked on it a lot in VB, far from ready, and uhhh, dont' expect it this year.

TimMichaels
01-25-2007, 02:14 AM
Wow has it really been that long? I actually remember registering over at Yahoo and never posting there. Took me awhile to find my way over here though. Not a whole lot of the same people from when I first got on this board though...

Oh, and I'd also like to see this garage module make an appearance!

andrew2516
01-25-2007, 12:18 PM
Garage module.... Actually worked on it a lot in VB, far from ready, and uhhh, dont' expect it this year.

We still have a long year ahead of us:098:

notmYJ
01-27-2007, 12:10 PM
I bet if we got and brandon together they could do it in one night, working together......

GEEK FIGHT!!!!!!!!!

OverkillZJ
01-27-2007, 12:15 PM
Working together? HAHAHA!

The Geek Fight was hella funny....