PDA

View Full Version : Falken Wild Peak ATs

Sycotik Skier
10-16-2012, 09:51 PM
i need new tires for my frontier. they are 265 65 17's. i was looking at the falken wid peak at's. has anyone had any experience with them? this is not a wheeler so it's not going to see much off road other than hunting or atv trail heads. i like how quiet my truck is and i don't want loud tires.

lastly does anyone have a hook up.on tires? i'm not quite ready to buy yet. just shopping around right now.

jeepnick
10-17-2012, 07:43 AM
I ran 2 sets on my Jk in 37's and loved them
I wheeled them and wheeled them hard and they held up to the test
Roadwise, best tire I've ever ran, great in the rain, snow pretty much everywhere
I just put a set on my dd 11 f250, we run them on all our company vehicles
Needless to say I highly recommend them
Discount tire direct has the best prices and you can generally call them and get a few more bucks off

jackb1
10-17-2012, 10:00 AM
I've been about to pull the trigger on the discout tire version, the Rocky Mountain ATS. Same tire, just cheaper. I've had it in my cart a few times over the last few weeks but just can't pull the trigger. I've heard all good things about them but sadly, the looks are keeping me from buying. I'm buying a 315/70R17 and saw the 35" equiv on a vehicle recently and didn't like the look.

FWIW, the other tire I'm deciding between is the Goodyear Duratrac. I love the look and have a set on my wife's FJ. They've gotten all great reviews as well, but I'm not pleased with them. I'm pretty sure its because I bought a big E rated tire and put it on an FJ so I don't want to write it off for a choice on my Tundra.

Hope this thread helps you decide, might help me too.

DMG
10-17-2012, 10:05 AM
I had Wild Peaks on my last F350. I liked them but I put BFG ATs on the current F350, so that may tell you something.