PDA

View Full Version : 86 k10 wont start need help...

djbovill
10-31-2012, 04:05 PM
i have a 86 chevy k10 350 with the 700r4 i pulled the trans and had it rebuilt now when i put everything back together the truck back fires from the carb... are the plugs wired wrong or bad is my timing off have a filed my cam and they arent working right any ideas.... the truck will not start but tries very hard to do so

was just out in the rain messing with the spark plug wiring the truck will run but shuts off abruptly and will back fire sounding as if a shot gun goes off still seaking ideas but one step closer

BUZZINHALFDOZZEN
10-31-2012, 05:41 PM
Did you just drop the trans? Or did you pull the motor also? Sounds like timing but if you only dropped the trans I don't see how the timing could be off. Forget to hook a vacuum line back up? That makes them grumpy too.

djbovill
11-01-2012, 11:41 AM
just the trans was pulled.... no vaccumm lines were disconnected during the trans rebuild... with any luck i will be checking timing this weekend if it ever stops raining.

john00TJ
11-01-2012, 06:37 PM
check the distributor cap ..i have seen them get damage on the firewall when removing the transmission ..

Sloth_Fratelli
11-01-2012, 07:09 PM
did you support the engine when the trans came out? if you dont the distributor hits the firewall and supports the weght of the engine and can get fubar'd