PDA

View Full Version : Need a mechanic for wifes Volvo

skeebs
12-24-2012, 10:34 PM
Yay Christmas Eve wrapping presents for the kids and the wife calls me on the way home and says she has an issue with her car. 2005 Volvo S40 T5 AWD (auto trans). She says she hears a loud pop from the front end and now the car will only go into 2nd and 4th gear, it's an auto with a slap stick. She just got home and I scanned the codes, looks like several sensors need replaced and I believe an axle shaft might have gone (the pop she heard).

Anyhow, just jumped on here to see if anyone can recommend a good local mechanic in the Greensburg/Jeannette area or anywhere within a 20 mile radius (I'd hate to have to take this to a dealer because I feel they'll rape me and not even offer a courtesy spit). I don't want to drive this money hungry Volvo too far to get worked on and I simply don't have the time to mess with it myself as I am working 55-65 hour weeks right now AND taking care of two kids when I'm not at work.

Please help!

ps
MERRY CHRISTMAS PGH OFFROAD FAMILY :)

Super Scout
12-25-2012, 12:42 AM
Try giving Scott, at Benz Tech in Latrobe a call. He specializes in Mercedes but he maybe able to hook you up. Great Mechanic, his lot is always filled with Benzs, Bentleys, and Rolls. I think he is the only guy in the area who works on them. Pretty reasonible on price. Tell them Steve from Petrosky's sent ya. 724-532-0183

Leady
12-25-2012, 01:47 AM
If that doesn't work you can try John mancuso at mancuso's auto in washington,pa. 724-222-7277. Same basic story as above, he worked at Sissan Mercedes for a long time before goin on his own. He does work on a lot of Mercedes, VW/Audi, volvo and jaguars. Really nice guy too

tceraso
12-25-2012, 07:27 AM
Maroney's foreign cars and part. down around smithton used to work on my wife audi. I think they do most foreign cars.

skeebs
12-26-2012, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the leads guys, I'll let you know what I come up with. Back to work, clients cracking the whip.