PDA

View Full Version : Gun Control Thread

DMG
12-27-2012, 10:10 AM
The left and most of our government has been looking for ways to disarm us for decades. This latest school shooting pulls at the heartstrings and is a perfect opportunity to demonize those of us who oppose gun control. More people die falling out of bed every year than are killed with all rifles, including the ficticiously named assault rifle.

As soon as semi-autos are banned the anti-gunners will move onto handguns then eventually all firearms. We now need to aggressively oppose ANY gun control because history has shown in this country and around the world that people are willing to act on emotion and pass foolish laws and that gun laws are almost never repealed.

People who hunt with a wood-stocked bolt action rifle are only a year or two behind the guy with the AR15 on the gun-grabbers agenda. The left and the government won't stop. So please write letters to your senators, congressman, governors, everybody you can think of, statng your opposition to banning firearms.

Also consider supporting groups like the Second Amendment Foundation and th NRA.

Please feel free to add links including addresses of politicians and other pertinent information.

justin'sbig7
12-27-2012, 12:23 PM
good thread idea. they already have a very good common sense chipping point at deer rifles. "the area is sooo populated its dangerous to use a high powered rifle for deer. everything is so close you really only need a shotgun." makes sense, many hunters will see the point and go with it. its truly a time to call and write your reps, they will divide and conquer.

Gov Corbett: link is at the bottom right to email or phone http://www.governor.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/governor_pa_gov/20650

Senator Pat Toomey:http://www.toomey.senate.gov/?p=contact

Senator Bob Casey: http://www.casey.senate.gov/contact/

Congressman Mike Kelly https://kelly.house.gov/contact-me/email-me (my rep)

your reps I cant speak for but they are JUST AS IMPORTANT!

justin'sbig7
12-27-2012, 12:28 PM
join the NRA its $25 a year

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp

Sloth_Fratelli
12-27-2012, 05:59 PM
join the NRA its $25 a year

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp

just joined. i picked a really sh!tty time to get into shooting.

joshs1ofakindxj
12-27-2012, 06:02 PM
^ I know how you feel. The price of stuff 10 years ago was so much better, and the price of stuff 25 years ago was just plain free!

Sloth_Fratelli
12-27-2012, 06:30 PM
^ I know how you feel. The price of stuff 10 years ago was so much better, and the price of stuff 25 years ago was just plain free!

Speaking of expensive, i will never drop another penny at CTD.
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/MAG-242

and thats just the glock mags

justin'sbig7
12-27-2012, 07:01 PM
Speaking of expensive, i will never drop another penny at CTD.
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/MAG-242

and thats just the glock mags

CTD is one of the companies that quit selling guns recently... i wont patronize them, or dicks sporting goods.

joshs1ofakindxj
12-27-2012, 07:02 PM
CTD is a joke run by scumbags, nothing really new...

justin'sbig7
12-27-2012, 07:02 PM
just joined. i picked a really sh!tty time to get into shooting.

thanks for joining, it helps the cause big time. I became a life member a few years ago.

joshs1ofakindxj
12-27-2012, 07:03 PM
CTD is one of the companies that quit selling guns recently... i wont patronize them, or dicks sporting goods.

They actually started selling again based on the last announcement I saw. Their system couldn't handle the sales volume so they had to shut down.

True or not, I won't shop there.

HoodRN
12-27-2012, 07:23 PM
I have written all of my Sens/Reps/etc, state and federal. I'm already a life member of the NRA. I'm just doing this to help you guys out, my Glock and my AK were lost in a tragic kayaking accident last summer...

justin'sbig7
12-27-2012, 08:08 PM
I have written all of my Sens/Reps/etc, state and federal. I'm already a life member of the NRA. I'm just doing this to help you guys out, my Glock and my AK were lost in a tragic kayaking accident last summer...

allegheny river? my boat tipped over in the hellacious currents this past fall. i was heading down river to do some shooting and i lost everything...

Sloth_Fratelli
12-27-2012, 10:05 PM

i can see the glock but you take the AK kayaking?

justin'sbig7
12-27-2012, 10:18 PM

There used to be a guy down the river who had a nice shooting range. The only way to get to his place is by boat. Really sucks when the currents catch you wrong and tip the boat.

HoodRN
12-27-2012, 10:21 PM

River pirates.

Super Scout
12-27-2012, 11:02 PM
River Pirates are unfreaking believeable esp in the spring. I lost all my firearms than. Those bastards took everyone.

justin'sbig7
12-28-2012, 08:02 AM
I saw this on pirate and its a great well written piece. Please pass it along wherever you can.
http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2012/12/20/an-opinion-on-gun-control/

2002wranglerX
12-28-2012, 09:12 AM
They actually started selling again based on the last announcement I saw. Their system couldn't handle the sales volume so they had to shut down.

True or not, I won't shop there.

the website says they aren't. and dick's quit selling all their larger mags. the guy i talked to the other night said he had a stack of them in the back he couldn't sell.

Super Scout
12-28-2012, 09:14 AM
I think they are holding them, if the ban is looking like its going to go thru Dicks will release them and triple the price. F'em I will never spend another dime there.

DMG
12-28-2012, 10:21 AM
Yep, dicks, CTD and a few other places won't get my business.

2002wranglerX
12-28-2012, 10:37 AM
info about the new law:

It requires owners of existing “assault weapons” to register them with the federal government under the National Firearms Act (NFA). The NFA imposes a $200 tax per firearm, and requires an owner to submit photographs and fingerprints to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE), to inform the BATFE of the address where the firearm will be kept, and to obtain the BATFE’s permission to transport the firearm across state lines.

joshs1ofakindxj
12-28-2012, 10:37 AM
I took my 880lb gun safe out on my kayak. I think you guys know what happened...

joshs1ofakindxj
12-28-2012, 10:48 AM
info about the new law:

It requires owners of existing “assault weapons” to register them with the federal government under the National Firearms Act (NFA). The NFA imposes a $200 tax per firearm, and requires an owner to submit photographs and fingerprints to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE), to inform the BATFE of the address where the firearm will be kept, and to obtain the BATFE’s permission to transport the firearm across state lines.

Info here: http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/assault-weapons

Now that is what she wants to propose, so we will see what actually comes out of Congress.

I'm going through that process for a suppressor right now. It also applies to machine guns, SBRs, SBSs, etc.

First you go to the local police station, or in my case, the county sheriff's office to be fingerprinted. This costs $15 and takes an hour of your time. You submit an ATF Form 4 to the sheriff or police chief and they run a quick background check phone call on you. Don't forget the passport photos. Next you mail the form in to the ATF with the fingerprint cards and this other form that certifies US citizenship and your $200 check. The check gets cashed right away of course, but the wait for the tax stamp to come back is currently about 6 months. If this goes through the ATF will have to hire more people to process a lot of paperwork or else the wait will be ridiculous.

If I want to take my suppressor out of state for a weekend I have to submit a form to the ATF to let them know when and where I will be going.

The crappy part is if you don't register your assault rifle then you'll be risking a felony to use it at any range, transport it, or use it for home defense.

justin'sbig7
12-28-2012, 11:13 AM
And this morning there was another shooting at a New Jersey police station. I fear we are doomed in this fight, and I have to admit (tinfoil on) something seems very fishy and convenient to a grabbers cause as of late.

tceraso
12-28-2012, 11:16 AM
i guess i own 4 assault weapons under the definition. I just took a side this is crazy! Will be making calls. I have a 10-22 didnt pay 200 for it.

2002wranglerX
12-28-2012, 11:44 AM
And this morning there was another shooting at a New Jersey police station. I fear we are doomed in this fight, and I have to admit (tinfoil on) something seems very fishy and convenient to a grabbers cause as of late.

he grabbed a cop's gun while he was being processed.

justin'sbig7
12-28-2012, 11:44 AM

More info after reading the article as opposed to hearing the newscast..
Apparently the man was under arrest and got free of the officers, managed to obtain a firearm and there you have it.

Newscast made it sound like a random psycho walked in and started shooting unexpectedly

2002wranglerX
12-28-2012, 11:47 AM
here's another gem from the bill

· Prohibits the transfer of “assault weapons.” Owners of other firearms,
including those covered by the NFA, are permitted to sell them or pass them to
heirs. However, under Feinstein’s new bill, “assault weapons” would remain with
their current owners until their deaths, at which point they would be forfeited
to the government.

pittim
12-28-2012, 12:05 PM

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/28/16211363-gunman-dead-after-shooting-3-cops-at-nj-police-station?lite

Looks like cops shouldn't have guns either.

"A violent struggle occurred while the suspect was being processed," Deputy Chief David Harkins said. The man was able to grab a gun and then opened fire."

Super Scout
12-28-2012, 12:46 PM
This is the decay of society I feel bad for kids growing up today. The results of the election and other issues have seriously effected my desire to have kids, it makes me sad. The America they will grow up in will be vastly different than it is today.
I agree Justin, tin foil hat and hall, there is something very timely about these shootings....

joshs1ofakindxj
12-28-2012, 03:08 PM
Every great society falls. We already have our own version of the Roman Colosseum where we mock and publicly humiliate our less fortunate citizens. It's called American Idol.

HoodRN
12-28-2012, 08:02 PM
here's another gem from the bill

· Prohibits the transfer of “assault weapons.” Owners of other firearms,
including those covered by the NFA, are permitted to sell them or pass them to
heirs. However, under Feinstein’s new bill, “assault weapons” would remain with
their current owners until their deaths, at which point they would be forfeited
to the government.

If it comes to that, they may get dredged up from where they sank during the river pirate incident. At that point they go black market.

HoodRN
12-28-2012, 08:07 PM
I don't think SeaHag's proposed legislation will pass intact, if it passes at all. Any sort of confiscation process is probably out, as a significant portion of the citizenry will likely react violently. Similar legislation passed in Canada about 12 years ago, costing the Canucks billions. Their compliance rate was around 28%. A conservative PM was elected and the whole mess was repealed. For the tinfoil hat-here-comes-the-UN-troops-crowd, don't worry. If that happens there will be LOTS of weapons lying around.

Azzy
12-29-2012, 12:06 AM
But it is a starting point for "reasonable concessions" and "compromise".

They compromise like a fox eying up a hen.. should I eat the whole thing or just your head?

Azzy
12-29-2012, 12:08 AM
FOAC-pac.org has toold to keep up on your reps, including searches for their votes on key legislation and links to the bills, without having to jump all over the state website.

We are working on getting a lot mroe re-vamped, as we were in the midst of getting our online engine running a tad cleaner when this all hit.

HoodRN
12-29-2012, 03:50 PM
But it is a starting point for "reasonable concessions" and "compromise".

They compromise like a fox eying up a hen.. should I eat the whole thing or just your head?

I'm not suggesting compromise. I say resist, don't give an inch. Time is on our side anyway. The low-information voter, and the politicians pandering to them, have an attention span measured in sound bites. They've already moved on. Unless there is another "incident"...

DMG
01-01-2013, 04:30 PM
he grabbed a cop's gun while he was being processed.

That is a whole different gun control issue.

Super Scout
01-01-2013, 11:37 PM
Pick up the phone and call this asshole as well
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/01/robert-farago/breaking-illinois-bill-to-ban-all-modern-firearms/

Azzy
01-02-2013, 01:16 AM
I'm not suggesting compromise. I say resist, don't give an inch. Time is on our side anyway. The low-information voter, and the politicians pandering to them, have an attention span measured in sound bites. They've already moved on. Unless there is another "incident"...

Word is the Pres has a mag capacity limit bill ready to go, which is the "middle ground", I suppose. Because delegaing us to buy substandard capacity mags (my standard capacity is not 10... in any of my firearms) will stop crime. Personally, I expect it to go like most things he wants. legislation will fail to pass, and then he will bypass with regulation and executive order. Or have it slipped into the "Save the puppies 2013 etc" bill.

XJ_Sean
01-02-2013, 08:29 AM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/537989_10200299055464854_1066522364_n.jpg

HoodRN
01-02-2013, 07:02 PM
Word is the Pres has a mag capacity limit bill ready to go, which is the "middle ground", I suppose. Because delegaing us to buy substandard capacity mags (my standard capacity is not 10... in any of my firearms) will stop crime. Personally, I expect it to go like most things he wants. legislation will fail to pass, and then he will bypass with regulation and executive order. Or have it slipped into the "Save the puppies 2013 etc" bill.

He can try whatever he wants to. I suspect he is underestimating gun owners, and overestimating the will of many of his democratic senators and representatives. If he attempts to regulate by executive order, they will pay the price. Compliance would be a joke in any case. It was 28% in Canada, and cost them billions before the govt. threw their hands up and abandoned it. It was also a large part of the liberals losing seats in the Canadian parliament.

Super Scout
01-02-2013, 10:24 PM
Just keep calling boys, thats all we can do.

DMG
01-03-2013, 12:12 AM
Join the NRA for $25, get a $25 Bass Pro Shops gift card.

Then use the $ you saved to join the 2nd Amendment Foundation.

Dragonslayer
01-03-2013, 05:22 AM
http://youtu.be/EXrAt7-ij2k

justin'sbig7
01-03-2013, 06:48 AM

My wife joined yesterday and my kids will be becoming jr. Members after this pay.

(And she did it all by herself! Unsolicited by me)

Azzy
01-03-2013, 08:16 AM
He can try whatever he wants to. I suspect he is underestimating gun owners, and overestimating the will of many of his democratic senators and representatives. If he attempts to regulate by executive order, they will pay the price. Compliance would be a joke in any case. It was 28% in Canada, and cost them billions before the govt. threw their hands up and abandoned it. It was also a large part of the liberals losing seats in the Canadian parliament.

I think that many of us underestimate the amount of gun owners and fudds out there willing to toss us under the bus in order to save their non military style mauser based hunting rifle. :104:

You are right, no relenting, keep calling. DMG has it right, you can take you monies saved and join an org that will fight for your rights, and not just for political capitol. Second Amendmnet Foundation, Gun Owners of America (FOAC (http://foac-pac.org) ;) )... great choices.

I dumped my NRA membership after seeing how they do things and try and toss us a bone while destroying bills to win political favors or boost their collective ego.

DMG
01-03-2013, 11:51 AM

I forgot the link.

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?CampaignID=bassprowy

Azzy
01-03-2013, 12:00 PM
Might I also suggest the Firearms Policy Coalition, of which the 2A Foundation is a member: https://www.firearmspolicy.org/join/

HoodRN
01-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Join any of them, join all of them. I spoke to my Rep. yesterday, the one that the opposition fears the most is the NRA.

Mykal
01-03-2013, 11:50 PM
Leave it to a Marine to tell it like it is. Oorah Devil Dog.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/marines-scathing-response-to-sen-feinsteins-gun-control-proposal-i-am-not-your-subject-i-am-the-man-who-keeps-you-free/

Senator Dianne Feinstein,
I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government’s right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma’am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.
I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.
I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.
I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.
We, the people, deserve better than you.
Respectfully Submitted,
Joshua Boston
Cpl,
United States Marine Corps
2004-2012

OverkillZJ
01-04-2013, 10:06 AM
^ Awesome.

I can't state a lot of my thoughts on the matter because I don't like digital paper trails, suffice to say that I agree.

justin'sbig7
01-04-2013, 10:45 AM
^ Awesome.

I can't state a lot of my thoughts on the matter because I don't like digital paper trails, suffice to say that I agree.

I used to be much the same, Leary of contacting reps that I didn't agree with, not signing petitions that were questionable (secession), didn't like putting my address or phone number down, etc.

Well, I am done. They are gonna have a paper trail or e-paper trail no matter what we do, talk on a phone, use the internet and click on a link that resembles some tin foil... hell, i bet this board as well as pirate or any other shooting, wheelin, fishin etc. board puts you on a list somewhere just based on content. that fear is a way of silencing us, their bosses! I am mad as hell right now, they're taking our freedoms, our wheelin land, our businesses, our way of life! I am sick of worrying about what i say and sick of losin it all. I will keep following the proper communication outlets and speaking my mind to those who work for me because if we lose all that this country stands for, what is the point? I will always use extreme tact in what I say, but silence me not. To be silent is to serve unto your servants.

Not picking at you at all Matt, just like I said I have felt stifled from fear and its got me in knots... This is what they are counting on.

OverkillZJ
01-04-2013, 11:11 AM
I think you read that wrong: Where did I say I wouldn't make noise and contact my reps?

justin'sbig7
01-04-2013, 11:48 AM
I think you read that wrong: Where did I say I wouldn't make noise and contact my reps?

Yep, musta read it wrong. I read it as not wanting to communicate at all due to the digital trail. :beer:

Mykal
01-04-2013, 12:19 PM
Still a good post in my opinion. A lot of people feel that way.

Unfortunately I don't see fat lazy 'Merica standing up any time soon, if ever. As a whole that is. The government has the nation divided.

Super Scout
01-04-2013, 02:15 PM
We just need to do all we can do, I see our country divided into 3 groups. People like us, passionate about our rights, our money, and our country's future. Other people, who want to piss away our rights, want handouts from the government, and would like to see out country become something entirely different. And the last group people, who really just don't care, they don't think they have a voice, they believe the government will, and does whatever it wants, and basically just live their lives until they die. They don't have an opinion one way or the other, and if they did they wouldn't bother stating because, the government will do whatever it wants.
The issue is we are now the minority, so we need to make out point known, call your reps, tell them how you feel. Maybe if this bill goes thru as written there needs to be a statement made, maybe we need to make our voice known collectively. The government needs to be reminded who they work for.

Azzy
01-04-2013, 02:27 PM
http://onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com/2013/01/lots-of-bills-filed-in-congress.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+NoLawyers-OnlyGunsAndMoney+%28No+Lawyers+-+Only+Guns+and+Money%29

HR 21 - James Moran (D-VA)
To provide for greater safety in the use of firearms.
Referred to the House Judiciary Committee

HR 34 - Bobby Rush (D-IL)
To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms, and for other purposes.

HR 65 - Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX)
To prevent children's access to firearms.

HR 93 - David Cicilline (D-RI)
To amend chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, to restrict the ability of a person whose Federal license to import, manufacture, or deal in firearms has been revoked, whose application to renew such a license has been denied, or who has received a license revocation or renewal denial notice, to transfer business inventory firearms, and for other purposes.

HR 117 - Rush Holt (D-NJ)
To provide for the mandatory licensing and registration of handguns.

HR 133 - Thomas Massie (R-KY)
To repeal the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990 and amendments to that Act.

HR 137 - Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY)
To ensure that all individuals who should be prohibited from buying a firearm are listed in the national instant criminal background check system and require a background check for every firearm sale.

HR 138 - Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY)
Co-sponsored by Diana DeGette (D-CO)
To prohibit the transfer or possession of large capacity ammunition feeding devices, and for other purposes.

HR 141 - Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY)
To require criminal background checks on all firearms transactions occurring at gun shows.

Azzy
01-04-2013, 02:45 PM
Just in:

http://www.abc27.com/story/20504466/corbett-says-hell-consider-gun-show-limits

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) - Gov. Tom Corbett says he'll consider a radio-show caller's suggestion that gun shows be banned on publicly owned property.
The caller on WITF's "Smart Talk" radio show Friday asked the governor why gun shows are allowed at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex in Harrisburg and whether he'd support a ban.
Corbett said no one has ever suggested the idea to him before and promised to give it some thought.

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/governor_pa_gov/20650

717-787-2500

justin'sbig7
01-05-2013, 07:44 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/white-house-weighs-broad-gun-control-agenda-in-wake-of-newtown-shootings/2013/01/05/d281efe0-5682-11e2-bf3e-76c0a789346f_print.html

keep up the emails to all... Including obummer ^

for those of you who see no "need" for one of those evil black guns, just wait till your high powered, bolt action deer rifle is then considered a "sniper rifle". you will be next, join the fight

Azzy
01-07-2013, 07:10 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/16617_446254598762450_2014584088_n.jpg

This is more than just showing up and looking pretty infront of speakers. Its going to your reps and senators, face to face, and educating them, encouraging them, or repremaniding them in person. This goes a LONG way towards positive legislation in PA. if it did not, then the teachers union and ACORN would not bus in hundreds of people every few months on all sorts of topics for the same thing.

justin'sbig7
01-07-2013, 09:38 PM
What about the one on feb. 8th?

Super Scout
01-07-2013, 10:47 PM
^ Yeah I have been asking about that too...April 23rd maybe too late.

Mykal
01-07-2013, 11:17 PM
Feb 8th it is for me.

https://www.facebook.com/events/406312512782872/

justin'sbig7
01-08-2013, 12:11 AM
hell, ill got to both. i can fit 5 in my truck very comfortably if anyone wants to ride out.

Azzy
01-08-2013, 12:27 AM
Well, I know that one is officially setup by a rep in the house. The other is just tossed together by a guy on facebook. The former will have the benefit of media press releases and I can almost garantee that a tuesday is when you will catch the most congress-critters in house. By all means do go to both.

I am also aware that this seems a bit late, and have expressed it where I can. As soon as i am aware of buses that are being offered (usually at very little cost) I will let you know where to sign up.

Azzy
01-08-2013, 01:47 PM
This one will have a bit more impact as well: http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-10/197003-harrisburg-23-jan-2013-1100-start.html

We need to counter those who want to abolish our rights. these people help get anti-gun politicians in office, and are who the news outlets come and talk to, even if their membership is on the decline.

justin'sbig7
01-08-2013, 05:12 PM
This one will have a bit more impact as well: http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-10/197003-harrisburg-23-jan-2013-1100-start.html

We need to counter those who want to abolish our rights. these people help get anti-gun politicians in office, and are who the news outlets come and talk to, even if their membership is on the decline.

well, that looks like a well put together deal. I hope the pro gun folks who go out do a good job of representin' as it sounds like the anti gun crowd being there are the typical libs. I will be there for this, same deal, i can fit me +4 in the truck... not gonna give up the front center seat unless it is occupied by a non sausage carrying individual :P

Super Scout
01-08-2013, 06:14 PM
I can definitely make one of these, maybe two. Which ones would be a better choice to goto ? I just don't have the vacation time.

justin'sbig7
01-08-2013, 07:37 PM
I can definitely make one of these, maybe two. Which ones would be a better choice to goto ? I just don't have the vacation time.

looks like the 23rd and the one in april have the most thought out and backed plan. the one on the 8th is a facebook organized thing, (i dont have facebook, just saw it posted on pirate)

Azzy
01-08-2013, 08:14 PM
The one on the 23rd is a counter protest to CF-PA. the one on the 8th gives us the interior of the rotunda reserved, and is set up all official-like. The Metcalf rally is one we do every year, and the turnout after castle doctrine passed got embarrassing for gun owners in PA.

Im taking vacation time for both. Who wants to carpool for either?

Super Scout
01-08-2013, 10:39 PM
The one on the 23rd is a counter protest to CF-PA. the one on the 8th gives us the interior of the rotunda reserved, and is set up all official-like. The Metcalf rally is one we do every year, and the turnout after castle doctrine passed got embarrassing for gun owners in PA.

Sorry for sounding like a dumb ass, but what ?

justin'sbig7
01-08-2013, 11:02 PM

heading to both as well. youre more than welcome to ride out with me.

joshs1ofakindxj
01-08-2013, 11:35 PM
Sorry for sounding like a dumb ass, but what ?

CF-PA = Cease Fire Pennsylvania = Anti-2A people

What else don't you get?

Super Scout
01-09-2013, 09:19 AM
Lol of the three which one would be most important to attend. Which one would we want the best numbers ? I'll go on the 23rd, I can go on the 8th, and I can go on the 23rd, just not all three.

justin'sbig7
01-09-2013, 10:28 AM
IMHO the one on jan 23 is important to have big numbers since cease fire pa will be there as well.

Azzy
01-09-2013, 11:45 AM
I would say the 23rd anti-ceasefire rally would be key, as well as the 2nd Amendment Second to None rally. Both have people putting together organization which is key to keeping these successful.

The first one is good to sho honest opposition to those who are working to craft laws that make us criminals. The second is not just a rally, we go to our reps and sentators (and the Lt Gov if availible) and sit down, in their offices and discuss the issues. Ive seen lots of groups do this, and have been a group leader in the past 2 events.

2002wranglerX
01-09-2013, 03:00 PM
my prediction is we are going to have an executive order within a week. I don't know what's in it. But i think we'll have some action from the whitehouse.

Dragonslayer
01-09-2013, 04:33 PM
my prediction is we are going to have an executive order within a week. I don't know what's in it. But i think we'll have some action from the whitehouse.

It's coming and it doesn't look good.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/biden-obama-might-use-executive-order-deal-guns_694984.html

Dragonslayer
01-09-2013, 04:55 PM
and then there's this. Make's me feel a "TAD" better.

http://youtu.be/6K3KN9K-KkQ

Dragonslayer
01-10-2013, 04:47 PM
This from Judge Andrew P. Napolitano, maybe we should get HIM to Washington. LoL

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/01/10/guns-and-freedom/

tow hook
01-10-2013, 11:35 PM
if this is true harry reed is my hero
According to reports, that amendment says the government cannot collect “any information relating to the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition.”

CNN is calling it “a gift to the nation’s powerful gun lobby.”
http://www.ijreview.com/2013/01/29003-thank-goodness-for-obamacare-hidden-amendment-prevents-gun-and-ammo-registry/

joshs1ofakindxj
01-10-2013, 11:54 PM
^Kind of old news from when the health care passed, but becoming very relevant now!

justin'sbig7
01-11-2013, 12:26 AM
if this is true harry reed is my hero
According to reports, that amendment says the government cannot collect “any information relating to the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition.”

CNN is calling it “a gift to the nation’s powerful gun lobby.”
http://www.ijreview.com/2013/01/29003-thank-goodness-for-obamacare-hidden-amendment-prevents-gun-and-ammo-registry/

Google the bill, the wording basically states that they can't get that info from doctors and patient records.

Azzy
01-11-2013, 05:21 PM
From my good friend John:

Fellow FOAC members and Patriots:

Please see attached, get the word out, and be sure to register with JAN23@STOPTHEMOBS.COM if you are going. This is NOT a FOAC sanctioned event, but rather a counter to CeaseFirePA’s anti gun rally on that same date. NO LONG GUNS, dress for success, be prepared for the weather. Open carry on the Capitol campus is allowed, but rather difficult if you’re wearing your “all bundled up” clothing. Also attached for you is a copy of the Capitol Police firearms receipt*. Fill it out in advance, and make sure to tell the officer BEFORE you go through the metal detector that you have a firearm to check in. You must fill out one receipt for each firearm you are carrying. Some of us do carry a BUG. :)

For JAN23@STOPTHEMOBS.COM, this was sent to FOAC members, as well as Veterans and Patriots United. Looking forward to seeing you there.

John d.

*email me, bryan @ foac-pac.org and I can forward you a copy if you havent found one elsewhere

justin'sbig7
01-11-2013, 05:25 PM
azzy, is there a sign up or something for the 23rd? the threads at pafoa are getting a bit tough to filter through to get the info.

busij44
01-11-2013, 07:12 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b111/busij44/cartoon_zps25006411.jpg
Liberal logic......

Azzy
01-12-2013, 12:42 AM
I think the portion to sign up is more to organize people. Trust me, these groups will go after the lone guy and they will make you look lik an idiot on the news. its much better to be in a group of like minded and experienced people. Plus, it always helps to know you have x amount of people to hand out fliers, x to carry a sign, etc.

DMG
01-14-2013, 11:11 PM
It looks like Obama is planning 19 Executive Orders.

justin'sbig7
01-14-2013, 11:21 PM
Yup, this is looking very bad for us.

Mykal
01-14-2013, 11:48 PM
Keith Morgan from West Virginia Citizens Defense League gets interviewed by one of our state wide shows. This is a pretty good watch. About 15 mins long.

http://youtu.be/ECxDvwObwZk

SirFuego
01-15-2013, 12:57 AM
It has started...
http://m.wgrz.com/TopStories/article?a=196387&f=2076

Background checks on ALL gun AND ammo sales in NY, plus authorities are notified of any large ammo sales. The only "positive" I see is that concealed permit holders can opt out of their personal info being public...

SirFuego
01-15-2013, 01:06 AM
http://open.nysenate.gov/legislation/bill/S2230-2013

The bills text if anyone cares...

justin'sbig7
01-15-2013, 02:52 AM
wow dude, that is some shitty stuff right there.

Super Scout
01-15-2013, 08:26 AM
Its not over yet. Bama can pass what he wants, but his ass will get sued. This fight is long from over.

SirFuego
01-15-2013, 10:00 AM
Serious question on the whole high capacity magazine/assault rifle debate (mind you, I'm not a gun expert, so yes, my questions are elementary)...

With a 7 bullet limit (assuming the bill passes the state assembly this morning), what is the point of banning assault rifles?

And how exactly does a telescoping stock make a rifle more dangerous than one without it?

I also have to laugh that a bayonet qualifies a weapon as an "assault rifle" because it's "military style". I thought Obama made it abundantly clear in the debates that the military doesn't use bayonets anymore?

justin'sbig7
01-15-2013, 10:54 AM
to answer your questions.

most firearms do not have a 7 round magazine available, so its gonna be tough on anyone with really anything.

a telescoping stock does nothing to make it more dangerous, it adjusts for different sized shooters and may make it easier to carry and handle. a pistol grip that is now banned in NY does absolutely nothing other than shooting ergonomics. neither improve accuracy, power, or deadliness.

these things they are using to ban the weapons are merely cosmetic. there are far more powerful rifles out there, with semi auto action, wrapped in a wood stock that looks less "evil". I love the bayonet arguement, i am not going to stab someone with my rifle, dimwits. this is all feel good crap that does nothing but hurt law abiding citizens.

wozz
01-15-2013, 12:16 PM
Also what bothers me is the way that this bill was passed. The bill was introduced at 9:30 ish and voted around 11:45 of the same day. So much for the mandatory 3 day wait before voting on a proposed bill so that people can make an informed decision and make their voices heard.

Also conveniently happened when the majority of the industry was on the opposite side of the country for a few days. There's no way that is a coincidence.

All I can say is come May I will happily by laying down rubber across state lines with no plans to ever live in NY again. I feel bad for those who are rooted here and can not easily vote with their feet. I also pray that no more states or the federal guberment make such impedances on our second amendment rights. God help our Country if they do.

Super Scout
01-15-2013, 12:30 PM
Correction wozz,

God help them if they do.

joshs1ofakindxj
01-15-2013, 12:35 PM
Serious question on the whole high capacity magazine/assault rifle debate (mind you, I'm not a gun expert, so yes, my questions are elementary)...

With a 7 bullet limit (assuming the bill passes the state assembly this morning), what is the point of banning assault rifles?

And how exactly does a telescoping stock make a rifle more dangerous than one without it?

I also have to laugh that a bayonet qualifies a weapon as an "assault rifle" because it's "military style". I thought Obama made it abundantly clear in the debates that the military doesn't use bayonets anymore?

Even someone like yourself, who is not a gun expert, questions the silliness of banning ergonomic features and antiquated features. Why don't the politicians get it?

justin'sbig7
01-15-2013, 01:01 PM
Even someone like yourself, who is not a gun expert, questions the silliness of banning ergonomic features and antiquated features. Why don't the politicians get it?

they do. thats the scary part, this is nothing more than a power grab using an event that tugs on hearts of sheeple

Super Scout
01-15-2013, 02:26 PM
they do. thats the scary part, this is nothing more than a power grab using an event that tugs on hearts of sheeple

Yup, Obama as much as I hate him is not stupid, he knows exactly what he is doing.

SirFuego
01-15-2013, 06:41 PM
most firearms do not have a 7 round magazine available, so its gonna be tough on anyone with really anything.
The law does permit people to use 10 round-magazines -- as long as you put no more than 7 rounds in them. I mean, when you have the intention to kill a bunch of people, you'll really be concerned about the additional felony charge of possessing a magazine with more than 7 rounds.

That'll stop them!

Also what bothers me is the way that this bill was passed. The bill was introduced at 9:30 ish and voted around 11:45 of the same day. So much for the mandatory 3 day wait before voting on a proposed bill so that people can make an informed decision and make their voices heard.
Albany does what they want when they want. NYC comprises such a large percentage of the population (and the other cities are relatively liberal -- although to a MUCH lesser extent than NYC).

You don't realize how disappointed I was when Paladino ****ed up his campaign in the final weeks during the last gubenatorial election. I don't think Paladino had a chance at winning even if he ran a better campaign (and wasn't harrassed by the media -- literally), but a closer race may have at least made Albany think twice about things.

All I can say is come May I will happily by laying down rubber across state lines with no plans to ever live in NY again. I feel bad for those who are rooted here and can not easily vote with their feet. I also pray that no more states or the federal guberment make such impedances on our second amendment rights. God help our Country if they do.
I have an amazing job here and my wife grew up in the area. We just bought a house in a great school district in a town that actually seems to have their shit in order (lowest taxes in the Buffalo area -- if not western NY). I totally get that these laws will do nothing to change my safety.

NYC runs NYS. That's the only reason. Anything that's popular in the city is "supposedly" popular to the rest of the state.

justin'sbig7
01-16-2013, 01:46 PM
anyone get the feeling we are being taunted? strung along a bit?

Super Scout
01-16-2013, 02:32 PM
I am calling and emailing my reps, I want a law passed now. PA WILL NOT ENFORCE NOR SUPPORT AND FEDERAL GUN LAWS. I am sick to my gut, so damn angry.

Super Scout
01-16-2013, 02:33 PM
Where are all the assholes now that noted for obama saying "he won't take your guns". I know there are few on this site. Thanks a lot !

justin'sbig7
01-17-2013, 01:20 PM
I talked to my reps this morning and also the senators offices... they have had outnumbering anti gun support! GET ON THE PHONE!!! we need to get our voices out! talk to who you can when you can as often as you can!

Azzy
01-17-2013, 01:31 PM
I see a lot of BS coming with that 7in10 mag rule. How do you prove you never loaded #8 into the mag after the ban? What if you have a bunch of mags pre-loaded to go to the range? Are they grandfathered (thats more tongue in cheek)?

I think it comes down to the same BS that the ATF has with constructive intent. Its a huge load that should be able to be shot down pretty well. Only problem I have is that if 7 is shot down and a court says 10 is fine, it almost cements 10 into the lexicon for the ban groups as "see, this is reasonable, the same court that gave you Heller said so!".

JeepSteeler
01-17-2013, 02:10 PM
I'm trying to think of this in a reasonable manner. I"m not really a conservative or a liberal - I would say I am some of both depending on the issue. I'm ok with the universal background checks - if I have to wait a day or a few days for a gun well whatever I'll get over it. I'm also ok with the gunshow loophole closing. I know I hate to give ground on anything fearing that they just keep chipping away at us. Line in the sand is banning any weapon or hi-cap mags. The fact is that these types of weapons are used in very few crimes and i saw a snippet yesterday that said the average number of rounds used in a gun crime is 3. It is unfortunate that they (AR-15's) are in the high profile crimes.

So I find it unreasonable to ban any capacity whatsoever. The guy from the NRA made a goood point that swapping a 10 round mag takes less than a second even for a novice, so what's the point in that? Bottom line - it won't save any lives.

If anything, it will push it back to the days where only the criminals had the high power stuff, and Joe Blow (and law enforcement for that matter) were seriously out-gunned. Remember that footage from LA where those guys in bullet proof suits and full auto rifles robbed a bank and then basically tore up every cop in sight? Criminals will be criminals. The War on Drugs has gone so well, obviously the War on Guns would be just as successful (that is sarcasm folks).

I've been on my Reps and Senators over and over. This might be the one time that having a Congress that can't get anything done may actually be an advantage to us.

justin'sbig7
01-17-2013, 02:58 PM
I'm trying to think of this in a reasonable manner. I"m not really a conservative or a liberal - I would say I am some of both depending on the issue. I'm ok with the universal background checks give an inch they will take a mile

I'm also ok with the gunshow loophole closing. what loophole? i hear this all the time, but seriously "loophole" suggests there is something illegal going on. its legal to buy and sell private party so there is no "loophole". it would be like having to go through a dealership to sell your jeep parts because the person buying them could be an ididot that doesnt know the safety issues that come along with modifying a vehicle.

I know I hate to give ground on anything fearing that they just keep chipping away at us. we all ned to stay strong. they like base hits and enough base hits can win a ball game without homeruns.

we as gun owners need to stay strong on this. they like to divide us with things that dont sound so bad... shall not be infringed, when the military goes back to using muzzleloaders, then so be it. but we have every right to be as well equiped as our infantry

joshs1ofakindxj
01-17-2013, 03:17 PM
I see a lot of BS coming with that 7in10 mag rule. How do you prove you never loaded #8 into the mag after the ban? What if you have a bunch of mags pre-loaded to go to the range? Are they grandfathered (thats more tongue in cheek)?

I think it comes down to the same BS that the ATF has with constructive intent. Its a huge load that should be able to be shot down pretty well. Only problem I have is that if 7 is shot down and a court says 10 is fine, it almost cements 10 into the lexicon for the ban groups as "see, this is reasonable, the same court that gave you Heller said so!".

I have a lot of friends up there that are scratching their heads right now trying to figure this stuff out.

If I had belts of ammo linked for my 1919 ahead of time would that be grandfathered? Under the law, possession of more than 7 ammo links for a belt would make me guilty by constructive intent.

Now I'm hearing that they left no exemption in the bill for police. HA!

JeepSteeler
01-17-2013, 03:41 PM
we as gun owners need to stay strong on this. they like to divide us with things that dont sound so bad... shall not be infringed, when the military goes back to using muzzleloaders, then so be it. but we have every right to be as well equiped as our infantry

Thanks for your opinions/input. I know we are on the same team here but with slightly different views so I welcome your comments. Your point about giving an inch is taken, however - can you expand upon why the background checks would be so bad?

joshs1ofakindxj
01-17-2013, 04:31 PM
Thanks for your opinions/input. I know we are on the same team here but with slightly different views so I welcome your comments. Your point about giving an inch is taken, however - can you expand upon why the background checks would be so bad?

We already require handguns go through an FFL transfer. So no change. Long guns can be transfered without an FFL involved as long as they're not crossing state lines. The thing I don't like is we already require FFL transfers and background checks on the type of firearm used the most in crime, the handgun. Why complicate things further for rifle background checks and make me have to travel to an FFL with a potential buyer instead of just asking to see his DL or LTCF.

justin'sbig7
01-17-2013, 04:35 PM

the background check is already in place. you are approved or you arent, its pretty simple and hard to slip through the cracks. if they start adding anything in and or expanding it, it is just another step down the road to registration. I guess my question is what can they do to make it more effective? its pretty simple "joe smith criminal or not? yes he has a misdemeanor and 2 felony counts... ok thanks" no gun for you. improve on this how?

i agree we should prosecute these folks for trying to buy but as far as a more invasive check i dont think so. if we include medical records, well, medical records are really none of anyones business. sometimes freedom is a bit risky but psychiatrists have said (to my wife who worked for them anyway) that they can pretty much diagnose everyone in this world with something or other, thats a broad and vague brush to pint with and leaves much power to the discretion of a few.

JeepSteeler
01-18-2013, 09:55 AM
Ah ok, i see what you are saying, thanks for expanding upon your viewpoint. I agree that medical records should be off the table and HIPPA does provide some protection there. My wife happens to actually be a psychiatrist and a psychologist (and a gun owner and concealed carry card holder) and she could diagnose pretty much anybody with something - the DSM 5 has a lot of leeway.

I think PA has a pretty solid background check process for handguns - is the issue on a National level that there are States that do not have quite the same level of background checks? Perhaps that is an opportunity for improvement (Nationally).

I agree that additional checks on long guns as far as transfers/sales is unecessary. With the spotlight on the AR and similar weapons now at the National level, it looks like that might be an area where the gun grabbers will make a push for more regulation.

I'm just trying to wrap my head around the entire issue, outside of the State of PA, which to me seems to have a pretty successful and functional model for firearms purchase/transfer/ownership.

justin'sbig7
01-18-2013, 11:22 AM
I read somewhere last night that some of the things they want to include in "mental illnesses that disqualify for gun ownership" include ADD,ADHD,and depression of any type (short term or chronic). this kinda scares me, how many times does an active kid get a teacher that pushes for an ADD/ADHD diagnosis? how many people have gone and talked to their DR about a bit of depression... all disqualified to own a firearm.

PatF10
01-18-2013, 12:28 PM
just an easy way for them to star weeding out gun owners

2002wranglerX
01-18-2013, 12:30 PM
I read somewhere last night that some of the things they want to include in "mental illnesses that disqualify for gun ownership" include ADD,ADHD,and depression of any type (short term or chronic). this kinda scares me, how many times does an active kid get a teacher that pushes for an ADD/ADHD diagnosis? how many people have gone and talked to their DR about a bit of depression... all disqualified to own a firearm.

i watched parents push for ADHD diagnosis so they could collect ssi disability.

justin'sbig7
01-18-2013, 01:40 PM
all of this stuff needs stopped.

Azzy
01-18-2013, 02:10 PM
Legislation up for this session...

SB189 (http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/billinfo/billinfo.cfm?syear=2013&sind=0&body=S&type=B&bn=189)

An Act amending Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, prohibiting persons ordered to undergo involuntary mental health treatment on an outpatient basis from owning...
Action(s)

PN 0136 (http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/PN/Public/btCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM&sessYr=2013&sessInd=0&billBody=S&billTyp=B&billNbr=0189&pn=0136)

Referred to JUDICIARY (http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/cteeInfo/cteeInfo.cfm?cde=39&body=S),Jan. 17, 2013

SB190 (http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/billinfo/billinfo.cfm?syear=2013&sind=0&body=S&type=B&bn=190)

An Act amending the act of July 9, 1976 (P.L.817, No.143), known as the Mental Health Procedures Act, further providing for confidentiality of records.
Action(s)

PN 0137 (http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/PN/Public/btCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM&sessYr=2013&sessInd=0&billBody=S&billTyp=B&billNbr=0190&pn=0137)

Referred to JUDICIARY (http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/cteeInfo/cteeInfo.cfm?cde=39&body=S),Jan. 17, 2013

SB191 (http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/billinfo/billinfo.cfm?syear=2013&sind=0&body=S&type=B&bn=191)

An Act amending Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, providing for a limit on handgun purchases and sales; and establishing the Violence Prevention Fund.
Action(s)

PN 0138 (http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/PN/Public/btCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM&sessYr=2013&sessInd=0&billBody=S&billTyp=B&billNbr=0191&pn=0138)

SB192 (http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/billinfo/billinfo.cfm?syear=2013&sind=0&body=S&type=B&bn=192)

An Act amending Titles 18 (Crimes and Offenses) and 53 (Municipalities Generally) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, providing for a limit on handgun purchases and sales in cities of the first...
Action(s)

PN 0139 (http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/PN/Public/btCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM&sessYr=2013&sessInd=0&billBody=S&billTyp=B&billNbr=0192&pn=0139)

Now they have to pass committee, and that isn't easy all the time. We need to ask our reps and senators to vocalize their support and opposition to things headed to committee.

busij44
01-20-2013, 03:37 PM
Here is a link that makes it very easy to email your elected officials about the gun control issues. http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx (http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-locally/grassroots/write-your-reps.aspx)

Also a letter you can read and send via the link if you agree with it.

Dear Elected Official,

I am writing to express my concerns with the recent speech from the Presidentof the United States, concerning Executive Orders and Gun Control.

After reviewing the 23 Executive Orders signed by the President, I applaud all23 as efforts to curb Gun Violence in America. After reviewing the Gun Controlproposals, I take issue. Specifically, I would like to address my concernswith:

– The President of The United States wants to require universal backgroundchecks (background checks on anyone who would buy a gun, whether in stores orat auctions and conventions).
* This is only an inconvenience to law-abiding citizens and will have no effectwhatsoever on criminals who are already bypassing through theft, or other meansto acquire firearms to commit crimes against defenseless citizens. It is myopinion the focus should be on prosecuting individuals that commit “strawpurchases” and provide firearms to criminals instead of making it moredifficult for law-abiding citizens to purchase firearms to protect their homesand family. They should focus on law enforcement and judicial agenciesidentifying individuals in the National Instant Criminal Background CheckSystem database when they are the subject of a Protection Order or convicted ofDomestic Violence, Felonies, etc. This way they WILL NOT be approved at thepoint of sale when trying to acquire a firearm. Bottomline: Don’t infringe onlaw-abiding citizens rights to purchase a firearm.

– The President of The United States wants to restore a ban on"military-style assault weapons"
*This is a resumption of a previously misguided and failed effort to keepfirearms out of the hands of criminals and infringed on law-abiding citizensfor 10 years. It is nothing more than another method of disarming law-abidingcitizens and making them virtually defenseless against criminals who will stillcarry such weapons, not to mention that banning them is an infringement on therights guaranteed by the Second Amendment. Many of these weapons are now the mostpopular choice for hunting, Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) competition andrecreational shooting, as well as self-defense, which all have absolutelynothing to do with the "military", as the name erroneously implies.The term "Assault Weapon" is a fallacy created by opponents of theSecond Amendment. For the record, an assault weapon is capable offully-automatic or burst fire, meaning multiple bullets fired by one pull ofthe trigger. The term was applied to semi-automatic weapons as a scare tacticto mislead unknowing Americans to back their cause. Reality is thatsemi-automatic weapons with a military appearance account for less than onepercent of guns used in crimes here in the United States. They are no more orless deadly, no more or less likely to be used in crime than any other firearm.Banning them would be a direct violation of our rights given by God andreinforced by The Second Amendment. bottom-line: Don’t infringe on law-abidingcitizens rights to own a firearm.

– The President of The United States wants to ban gun magazines with capacitiesof more than 10 rounds.
*This is just another attempt to deprive law-abiding citizens the ability todefend themselves against criminals. A reduction of legal magazine capacitywould potentially cause more injuries or deaths than it would save. First ofall, a criminal determined to kill will not abide by any magazine capacity ban.Second, if all a criminal has available is ten round capacity magazines, theywill take as many of them as they can carry and be well-versed in changing themout quickly to carry out his crime. Finally, firearms serve as legitimate toolsfor the protection of lives. A father defending his family during a homeintrusion may find himself facing the criminal that chooses to ignore themagazine ban. Reducing the number of rounds he has to defend his family wouldbe akin to putting shorter fire hoses on our fire trucks. Additionally, I haveto ask if the President would be willing to equip the Secret Service detailsthat protect him and his spouse and children with the same type of firearms andthe same magazine capacities as he is prepared to allow the public to use toprotect their families. If he is not willing to equip the secret service thatway, then he should make a public announcement as to why he feels that thelives of himself and his family are more important than any other citizen. TheAmerican people have a God given right to keep and bear arms for theirprotection, and full capacity magazines are a common-sense component of theSecond Amendment. bottom-line: Don’t infringe on law-abiding citizens rights toown a firearm with a magazine capacity sufficient to protect their home andfamily.

– The President of The United States wants tougher penalties on people who sellfirearms to people who aren't allowed to have firearms.
*I understand the importance of prosecuting those who break firearm laws inregards to the illegal purchase of firearms. However, there are alreadysufficient penalties for purchasing/possessing a firearm for a Felon. Theproblem we face is “prosecutorial discretion” meaning it’s ultimately thedecision of the prosecuting attorney to prosecute, or not prosecute someonethat has broken the law. How can you get “tough” when the prosecutor has thediscretion to not prosecute at all? A recent example was the incident with NBCMeet the Press Host David Gregory. Mr. Gregory flagrantly violated District ofColumbia law by possessing a prohibited firearm magazine in the District ofColumbia. Prior to taping the interview, he was specifically told it was aviolation of D.C. law to possess the magazine within the confines of theDistrict of Columbia. He chose to violate D.C. law and showed the firearmmagazine on national television. When law-abiding citizens brought it to theattention of the D.C. Metropolitan Police, and petitioned the White House toaddress the issue, the Attorney General of the District of Columbia declined toprosecute citing “prosecutorial discretion.” Another example is the botchedOperation Fast and Furious. As you know, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco,Firearms, and Explosives (BATFE) violated Federal Law by allowing "StrawPurchases" to occur and allowing over 2000 firearms to "walk" tothe country of Mexico, into the hands of drug cartels, with hundreds of Mexicancitizens murdered to date. As you know, one of these weapons was used to killUS Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry while he was on duty fighting illegalimmigration. U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder was held in Contempt of Congressfor not being forthcoming on providing Congress with answers and documentsconcerning Fast and Furious. To this day we still have no one brought tojustice. It makes me question whether the government is serious about gettingtough on those who violate existing firearm laws. Bottom-line: If you are goingto get tough then focus on existing firearm laws and do it.

- The President of The United States wants to protect police by finishing thejob of getting rid of armor-piercing bullets.
*This is another example of infringing on law-abiding citizens to purchaseammunition for their legally owned firearms. Body Armor is not the same asArmor Plating on vehicles, etc. “Armor Piercing” is typically addressed in thecontext of defeating Armor Plating. Most so called "Armor Piercing"bullets are not armor piercing, at all. Additionally, most popular riflecartridges used for hunting are already capable of piercing most standard bodyarmor, even though they are not "armor piercing" by technicaldefinition. By making this proposal, the President is hinting that he wants thedefinition of "armor-piercing" ammunition to be expanded in order tohalt importation of certain types of economically viable surplus ammunition.Bottomline: Don’t infringe on law-abiding citizens rights to purchaseeconomically viable ammunition for legally owned firearms used to protect theirhome and family.

- The President of The United States wants to give law enforcement additionaltools to prevent and prosecute gun crime.
*The most effective tool available to prevent crime is an armed citizen.Remember, in the majority of occurrences where police are called, they're onlya reactionary AFTER the crime has already happened. Address the issue of“Prosecutorial Discretion” and start putting criminals and felons in jail wherethey belong. Bottomline: Don’t infringe on law-abiding citizens by taking thetools they use to prevent crime when protecting their home and family.

- The President of The United States wants to make our schools safer with moreschool resource officers, school counselors, safer climates, and betteremergency response plans.
*Make schools safer by abolishing gun free zones and encouraging IndependentSchool Districts to hire armed guards when funds are available. As Americanscontinue to search for answers to the Newtown shooting, attitudes on gunownership are “not likely to change in a nation where six out of 10 adultswould rather live in a neighborhood where they can own a gun and most wouldfeel safer if their children attended a school with an armed security guard.Bottomline: Don’t infringe on law-abiding citizens by taking the tools theycould use to prevent crime occurring in schools, in their neighborhoods, andwhen protecting their home and family.

In summary, two-out-of-three Americans recognize that their constitutionalright to own a firearm was intended to ensure their freedom. The majority ofthe President's proposals are intended to take away my Second Amendment rightswhich ultimately subject the American Citizen to tyranny.

As my elected official, as a law-abiding citizen, I expect your support inprotecting my Second Amendment rights. If you cannot support me, I cannotsupport you in future elections.

Respectfully,

Azzy
01-20-2013, 06:50 PM
thats going to go to a staffer... that wont read it. Seriously. Keep it short, to the point.

As for transfers, I dont see why we cannot just do like other states and allow for private ftf of all guns. How many of them out there passed on a few times, legally, from father to son to wife to father and so on? The only reason why we stil have an illegal registry here in PA is because teh courts called it uncomplete, and thus not a registry.

I see no reason for a person to have to get pu on a list just because they purchase a legal item. Hell, same with cars. You own the pink slip, then its yours. State needs no reason to know who owns it after the original sale, and has no reason to tax it after the original sale.

Dragonslayer
01-23-2013, 04:27 PM
Ya, I'm posting the same thing twice. LoL

It seems that the rally's are working. Butler State Rep Daryl Metcalf introducing legislation that would make
it a criminal offense for ANYONE that tries to uphold a federal gun-grab or ban of weapons and accessories
that are currently legal in Pennsylvania. Keep up the pressure guys.

http://repmetcalfe.com/NewsItem.aspx?NewsID=16232

Also on his homepage in the middle, there is a link (Armed Pennsylvania: Say no to gun control) for a petition.

Super Scout
01-24-2013, 10:22 AM
I met Rep Metcalfe yesterday, shook his hand. Great guy to have on our side. Take 30 seconds and sign his petition.
http://www.repmetcalfe.com/guncontrol2013.aspx

busij44
01-25-2013, 01:05 PM
Another letter to fire off to your reps. I got a letter back from Stevenson's office after I sent the first one, so someone is paying attention. Use the link its easy!

http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx (http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-locally/grassroots/write-your-reps.aspx)

Dear Elected Official,

I am writing to express my concerns with the recent onslaught of Gun Control legislation introduced in the House and Senate chambers. The legislation introduced by some lawmakers seriously infringes on my rights guaranteed under the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. Specifically, I would like to address:

H.R. 21, NRA Members’ Gun Safety Act of 2013, Sponsor: Rep. James Moran, D-VA. This would require background checks for every gun purchase, require background checks on gun shop employees, bar those on the terrorist watch list from buying firearms, require gun owners to report to police when their guns are lost or stolen, and establish minimum standards for concealed carry permits.
* This is nothing more than a legislation “blitz” effort by the anti-gun legislators to sway public opinion against law-abiding gunowners and to infringe upon the Second Amendment. These requirements are already addressed in existing laws. Enforce the existing laws, don’t waste time creating new ones.

H.R. 65, Child Gun Safety and Gun Access Prevention Act of 2013, Sponsor: Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas. This would raise the age of Handgun Eligibility to 21 and prohibit youth from possessing semi-automatic weapons.
* Handgun Eligibility is already 21 years of age. Also, youths already cannot legally own/purchase semi-automatic weapons, etc. when under the age of 18. Enforce the existing laws, don’t waste time creating new ones.

H.R. 133, Citizens Protection Act, Sponsor: Rep. Thomas Massie, R-Ky. This would repeal the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990, which makes illegal the possession of a gun on school grounds or within 1,000 feet of a school.
* This legislation is one of the few coming out Congress that makes sense. Repealing this law would allow school teachers and administrators the ability to legally carry firearms to protect students from criminal and mentally ill persons that want to harm our children.

H.R. 321, Firearm Safety and Public Health Research Act of 2013, Sponsor: Rep. Carolyn Maloney, D-N.Y. This would amend the continuing resolution to add money for research into gun violence.
* Will this taxpayer money be used to research why video games depicting gun violence, blood, gore, etc. are specifically targeted towards are children? Will this taxpayer money be used to research why Hollywood glorifies gun violence, blood, gore, etc. in the movies specifically targeted towards the American people?

H.R. 141, The Gun Show Loophole Closing Act, Sponsor: Rep. Carolyn McCarthy, D-N.Y. This would require criminal background checks on all firearm transactions at gun shows.
* Is the Federal Government going to fund/provide free FBI NICS Background Checks for law-abiding citizens to utilize when legally selling their firearm to another individual? Or is this another example of the Federal Government forcing the America people to purchase something as in the case of the Affordable Care Act?

H.R. 137, Fix Gun Checks Act of 2013, Sponsor: Rep. Carolyn McCarthy, D-N.Y. This would require background checks for every gun sale, make sure that those barred from buying firearms are listed in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System.
* FBI NICS checks are already required for the legal purchase of firearms at gun stores that have Federal Firearms Licenses. Are you going to finally address the issue of requiring the Mental Health Care agencies and law enforcement agencies to identify persons with mental disorders, as well as persons that are the subject of Protection Orders and convictions of Domestic Violence to be identified in the NICS database? If so, I applaud the effort.

S. 22, A Bill to Establish Background Checks Procedures for Gun Shows, Sponsor: Sen. Frank Lautenberg, D-N.J. This would ensure that those who buy guns at gun shows undergo background checks.
* Is the Federal Government going to fund/provide free FBI NICS Background Checks for law-abiding citizens to utilize when legally selling their firearm to another individual? Or is this another example of the Federal Government forcing the America people to purchase something as in the case of the Affordable Care Act?

Senate Assault Weapons Bill, Sponsor: Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-CA. This bill would stop the sale, manufacture and importation of 158 specifically named military-style firearms and ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. It would also ban an additional group of assault weapons that accept detachable ammunition magazines and have at least one military characteristic.
* This is nothing more than an assault on law-abiding American citizen’s right to own guns under the Second Amendment. Senator Feinstein's measure would exempt weapons used by government officials, law enforcement and retired law enforcement personnel. Is this a precursor to effectively disarming the American people and paving the way for wholesale government tyranny?

In summary, as a law-abiding American citizen I am deeply concerned and fearful of what our elected officials are trying to legislate in Congress. I recommend that all elected officials read and refresh their memory on the content of the U.S. Constitution, specifically the Bill of Rights. I encourage you to focus your legislative efforts on addressing the problems plaguing the mental health system, not the Second Amendment.

As my elected official, as a law-abiding citizen, I expect your support in protecting my Second Amendment rights. If you cannot support me, I cannot support you in future elections.

Respectfully,

Christopher
01-25-2013, 06:27 PM
found this today. pulled this quote...

""We must make guns expensive and unpopular, just like cigarettes. A nationwide, antigun campaign paid for by a per gun yearly tax paid by owners, dealers, and manufacturers would work well in this regard. We should also segway into an anti-hunting campaign, like those in the UK. By making hunting expensive and unpopular, we can make the transition to a gun free society much less of a headache for us."

here. http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/21/1172661/-How-to-Ban-Guns-A-step-by-step-long-term-process

jkrob
01-25-2013, 11:24 PM
found this today. pulled this quote...

""We must make guns expensive and unpopular, just like cigarettes. A nationwide, antigun campaign paid for by a per gun yearly tax paid by owners, dealers, and manufacturers would work well in this regard. We should also segway into an anti-hunting campaign, like those in the UK. By making hunting expensive and unpopular, we can make the transition to a gun free society much less of a headache for us."

here. http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/21/1172661/-How-to-Ban-Guns-A-step-by-step-long-term-process

Wow, just read this. opened the page and looks like a communist propaganda site. just has that look and feel. The saddest thing about this is I believe they are serious.

I would have expected something like this on The Onion.

busij44
01-27-2013, 11:04 AM
This is some interesrting stuff, the dialog between these two must scare the hell out of lot of liberals.......a must watch. I can't figure out how to embed this.......so heres the link.

http://youtu.be/XKAaO26FAvA

justin'sbig7
01-27-2013, 11:25 AM
hmm, may have to sell some stuff and look into a 3d printer.

Azzy
01-27-2013, 11:35 AM
The printer those guys at def dist use are a bit more than the reprap printers that are in the area of most of our budgets. I would love to setup a makespace type co-op where people can work on firearm related projects, since many of those places either lack the tools or have a prohibitive set of rules from tinkering in the science of making small things go fast after something goes boom.

This printer is on my list: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1682938109/robo-3d-printer?ref=live but I dont think it has the resolution or the material capability to do AR receivers or mags. But I can print out mag holders, and shot shell holders for 3gun... so it would be a good try.

joshs1ofakindxj
01-27-2013, 05:25 PM
I've had this one on my radar: http://www.makerbot.com/

Christopher
01-28-2013, 09:21 AM
http://defensedistributed.com/proofgun-2/

I saw the developers interview on Glenn Becks show blaze tv. You should be able to watch it somewhere or with a trial subscription.... He's a little spooky.

justin'sbig7
01-29-2013, 01:23 AM
Get on the phones again! We need to stop HB335, lots of info in the link below.

http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-10/203115-we-need-stop-hb-335-call-reps.html

DMG
01-29-2013, 09:39 AM
Someone find me an awesome deal on a CNC mill. Then we can build the controlled parts.

DMG
01-29-2013, 09:42 AM
Get on the phones again! We need to stop HB335, lots of info in the link below.

http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-10/203115-we-need-stop-hb-335-call-reps.html

The anti's will try anything... Thanks for posting this, Justin

joshs1ofakindxj
01-30-2013, 12:23 AM
Someone find me an awesome deal on a CNC mill. Then we can build the controlled parts.

I have an older CNC mill I just use manually. It will run CNC on all 3 axis if you know how to use "G" code. I haven't goten around to hooking up the ole VCR and watching the instructional movies that came with it yet.

justin'sbig7
01-30-2013, 02:06 AM
The anti's will try anything... Thanks for posting this, Justin

There was a sponsor on the bill who backed out due to someone's email from pafoa, he didn't realize what the broad terminology could lead to and when brought to his attention he about shit a brick. Sent a personal email thanking the constituent and letting him know this.

The emails and calls are working, keep it up!

Super Scout
01-30-2013, 08:12 AM
There was a sponsor on the bill who backed out due to someone's email from pafoa, he didn't realize what the broad terminology could lead to and when brought to his attention he about shit a brick. Sent a personal email thanking the constituent and letting him know this.

The emails and calls are working, keep it up!

That is pathetic, not that the guy changed his mind after an email but, that he wasn't able to comprehend thats what the bill would do. He is a goddamn elected official I wonder if he even read it.

justin'sbig7
01-30-2013, 11:25 AM
Just because they're elected does not mean they are more intelligent than anyone else, we all make mistakes and read things incorrectly at times. It shows us that it is important to watch them and communicate.

busij44
02-01-2013, 08:21 PM
Another great vid to watch..........this occured just two days ago. These people just don't get it....they hate facts. http://youtu.be/2HZ26n2ri48

Dragonslayer
02-02-2013, 06:27 AM
Petition to make any infringement on the 2nd amendment an impeachable offense-->

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/we-people-united-states-demand-any-infringement-our-2nd-amendment-be-impeachable-offense/hPHY24RY

Only need your e-mail and name to create an account.

Super Scout
02-05-2013, 12:05 PM
Anyone else thinking about going to this, is WESTMOCO

http://triblive.com/news/westmoreland/3407263-74/gun-held-sheriff#axzz2JwmlDVju

PatF10
02-05-2013, 12:15 PM
I have access to 3and 4 axis mills. Will be learning Gcode and programming eventually

justin'sbig7
02-05-2013, 01:06 PM

why does every article, right or left leaning, that has to do with guns always have this blurb
a gunman with mental problems killed 20 children and six adults at a Connecticut elementary school on Dec. 14.

Super Scout
02-05-2013, 01:14 PM
why does every article, right or left leaning, that has to do with guns always have this blurb

Because, its all for the children. The media has to make things cling to your heart, it cannot just be informative.

joshs1ofakindxj
02-05-2013, 01:45 PM

I'm pretty sure I will attend that. I don't have class and it's 15 minutes from my house. It would be good to at least meet some other pro-gun activists in the area. I don't think yelling at our local sheriff will help things but I want to know his take on enforcing unconstitutional laws.

Super Scout
02-05-2013, 02:32 PM
I did some diggin on him, he seems pretty level headed. I found no where stating definitly that he was second ammendment friendly but. On his election site from 2011 It said he was a 15 year NRA member, and that he would streamline the process to get a carry permit. Two things I found reassuring. Not that he has a lot of pull anyway.

Azzy
02-08-2013, 02:44 PM
More piles of huge dung... Florida had a stronger requirement than PA, but Philly has an even harder one, which usually equates to "you are the wrong kind of people to carry a gun". that is why people over there have been paying extra to do a class, and submit photos, pass an FBI background check, and get a FL permit.

As promised in campaign

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/press.aspx?id=6811

February 8. 2013
Attorney General Kathleen G. Kane Implements Gun Safety Reform: Closes Gun Loophole with Florida

(PHILADELPHIA AND HARRISBURG, PA) - Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen G. Kane today closed the "Florida Gun Loophole" that previously gave Pennsylvanians - who were not also Florida residents and who were either denied, found ineligible or had gun permits revoked - the ability to obtain a Concealed Carry Permit from the state of Florida. Kane's action closes the Commonwealth's 12-year-old "Florida Gun Loophole" by requiring Concealed Carry Permit holders to be a resident of Florida [see addendum for new agreement (http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploadedFiles/Crime/firearms_agreement_florida_pa.pdf)].

"Our state's gun traffic and permits should never be bypassed," said Kane. "Closing this loophole shows that it is possible to swiftly implement common sense gun safety measures that protect our streets. This is my administration's first official step, but it certainly will not be our last."

"This is a significant step toward making Philadelphia, and the entire Commonwealth, safer for all residents," said Mayor Michael A. Nutter. "Modification of the firearm reciprocity agreement with Florida will ensure that all citizens with Concealed Carry Permits in Pennsylvania have met the standards set forth by our great state. I congratulate Attorney General Kane for taking swift action on this important issue."

Under the new gun reciprocity agreement with Florida entered into by Attorney General Kane, Pennsylvanians - who may have a Florida gun permit without being a Florida resident - will have 120 days under the agreement to obtain a Pennsylvania concealed carry permit [see addendum (http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploadedFiles/Crime/firearms_agreement_florida_pa.pdf)]. Today, there are approximately 4,000 Pennsylvanians, who have obtained a Florida permit.

In 1995, the Pennsylvania General Assembly gave the Attorney General the authority to enter into reciprocity agreements with other states.

The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania currently has formal written reciprocity agreements with eighteen states that recognize a valid license to carry firearms issued by Pennsylvania. Conversely, Pennsylvania recognizes valid firearm carry licenses/permits from those states. In addition to the 18 formal agreements, other forms of reciprocity are applicable -- in total Pennsylvania has agreements with 28 states.

For additional details on Firearm Reciprocity Agreements in Pennsylvania, please visit the Attorney General's Reciprocity Agreement page (http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/WorkArea/linkit.aspx?LinkIdentifier=id&ItemID=184). For additional details on carrying firearms in Pennsylvania, please visit the Pennsylvania State Police's website (http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt?open=512&objID=4451&&PageID=462424&level=2&css=L2&mode=2).

NOTICE FROM ATTORNEY GENERAL KATHLEEN G. KANE
The Attorney General of Pennsylvania has entered into a modification of the current firearm reciprocity agreement with the state of Florida. This reciprocity agreement previously permitted citizens of Pennsylvania who were not also Florida residents to obtain a Concealed Carry Permit (hereinafter "CCP") from the state of Florida. The CCP would then be honored in Pennsylvania without the need for a CCP granted by a Pennsylvania issuing authority. This agreement has been modified as follows pursuant to the authority of the Attorney General of Pennsylvania as found in 18 Pa.C.S. § 6109(k)(1):

1. If you are currently a resident of Pennsylvania only and have a CCP from the state of Florida, your Florida permit will no longer be recognized in Pennsylvania 120 days from the date of this Notice, or on June 8, 2013. In the proscribed time period you may apply for a CCP in the county of your residence. Please be aware that your local Sheriff or Police Department (in cities of the First Class) will have forty-five (45) days from the date of your application on which to grant or deny your application for a CCP.

2. If you are a dual resident of Pennsylvania and Florida you need not apply for a CCP in Pennsylvania if you currently hold a CCP from Florida. You must, however, carry with you proof of your Florida citizenry/residence along with your CCP identification when you are carrying a concealed firearm either on your person or in a vehicle.

3. If you are a resident of Florida only and have a CCP from Florida it will continue to be honored in Pennsylvania with all the same rights and recognition as contained in the Reciprocity Agreement between said States.

IMPORTANT
This Notice does not impact the validity of Pennsylvania CCP's issued to residents of Pennsylvania. All valid and unexpired Pennsylvania CCP's remain in full force and effect. Further, if you are a resident of Pennsylvania only and have a CCP from Pennsylvania it will continue to be honored in Florida with all the same rights and recognition as contained in the Reciprocity Agreement between said States.

Constitution of the United States of America Amendment II
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

CONSTITUTION OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA
Article 1 DECLARATION OF RIGHTS Right to Bear Arms Section 21.
The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Azzy
02-08-2013, 02:46 PM
I have access to 3and 4 axis mills. Will be learning Gcode and programming eventually

Do tell... do tell..

Maybe we should do a PGH offrad set of lowers... in .308. Tell me your nest software, and I'll work out some details :)

DMG
02-11-2013, 10:05 AM
Do tell... do tell..

Maybe we should do a PGH offrad set of lowers... in .308. Tell me your nest software, and I'll work out some details :)

I like the sound of this!

PatF10
02-14-2013, 01:37 PM
probably wont pass but...http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/02/missouri-democrats-intruduce-legislation-to-confiscate-firearms-gives-gunowners-90-days-to-turn-in-guns/

Azzy
02-14-2013, 04:01 PM
Closer to home: http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-10/200933-2013-pa-state-bills-interest.html#post2255478

HB239 (http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/billinfo/billinfo.cfm?syear=2013&sind=0&body=H&type=B&bn=0239) "All firearms...shall be registered...." Photos, SSN, and fingerprints required with annual renewal fees!
SB192 (http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/billinfo/billinfo.cfm?syear=2013&sind=0&body=S&type=B&bn=0192) An Act amending Titles 18 (Crimes and Offenses) and 53 (Municipalities Generally) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, providing for a limit on handgun purchases and sales in cities of the first class; establishing the Violence Prevention Fund; and further providing for limitation on the regulation of firearms and ammunition and for limitation on municipal powers.
SB191 (http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/billinfo/billinfo.cfm?syear=2013&sind=0&body=S&type=B&bn=0191) An Act amending Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, providing for a limit on handgun purchases and sales and establishing the Violence Prevention Fund.
SB190 (http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/billinfo/billinfo.cfm?syear=2013&sind=0&body=S&type=B&bn=0190) This bill would allow judges, the Pennsylvania State Police, mental health review officers, and county mental health administrators to share all documents concerning mental health treatment with the FBI.
HB122 (http://www.legis.state.pa.us/CFDOCS/Legis/PN/Public/btCheck.cfm?txtType=PDF&sessYr=2013&sessInd=0&billBody=H&billTyp=B&billNbr=0122&pn=0122) An Act amending the act of March 10, 1949 (P.L.30, No.14), known as the Public School Code of 1949, providing for trained school personnel.
SB189 (http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/billinfo/billinfo.cfm?syear=2013&sind=0&body=S&type=B&bn=0189) An Act amending Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, prohibiting persons ordered to undergo involuntary mental health treatment on an outpatient basis from owning firearms.

Azzy
02-14-2013, 04:07 PM
I like the sound of this!

http://www.762sass.com/product.php?p=28&cid=2&session=d6efddbdc71b53a2e58606b66331bec9

Pricey. Not saying some of us cant make them though, but the compatibility of uppers is nowhere near the same. I would love to get a group together and set up a workshop on building something... Maybe an AK building class. Those are easy, did my first in my dad's basement with hand tools and a vice.

tjblair
02-18-2013, 10:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84ptFVq22PY&feature=youtu.be

Super Scout
02-19-2013, 03:40 PM
This just in:
http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/lawmakers-magazine-clip-limits/2013/02/18/id/490874?promo_code=F6A9-1&utm_source=triblive&utm_medium=nmwidget&utm_campaign=widgetphase1

Keep calling.

Azzy
02-19-2013, 04:21 PM
I know plenty of people who will only turn in proper capacity magazine once they are empty and have no ammunition to offer the DHS goons. I'll compromise only when they limit police and the military to the same. until then STFU and do your job and FOLLOW the constitution, not try to find ways around it.

Azzy
02-20-2013, 06:18 PM
This shit is getting old... too much to post.

Comcast To Firearms Shops: Your Money’s No Good HereFebruary 19, 2013 3:41 PMBy Christy Strawser
CBS Detroit Managing Editor
DETROIT (CBS Detroit) Williams Gun Sight and Outfitters in Davison, Mich., said they learned their money’s no good with Comcast when the cable giant rejected their advertising because they no longer accept ads promoting firearms or fireworks.
The change in policy happened February 8 after a deal that gave Comcast controlling interest in NBC Universal, which previously had a policy of not accepting firearms ads.
But Comcast is the monopoly cable provider in two-thirds of the markets in the country, said John Kupiec, president of the advertising agency Canadian American Corp., so their policy now affects every cable channel and major network. And it affects major advertisers including Cabela’s and Walmart.
“The next step is we want to get the lawmakers on Capitol Hill to review the monopolistic rights this company (Comcast) currently enjoys as the largest cable provider in the United States,” Kupiec said, adding as a last resort, his firm will consider legal action.
Kupiec first discovered the firearms ad ban when he tried to place an ad for Williams Gun Sight, and was told by Comcast they’ll no longer air them.
“Comcast Spotlight has decided it will not accept new advertising for firearms or weapons moving forward,” the company said in a press statement. “This policy aligns us with the guidelines in place at many media organizations.”
Williams Gun Sight staffers think it’s a hypocritical, anti-constitutional stance.
“We’re a perfectly legal company selling a perfectly legal product and they have chosen us out of all the industries out there to make a stand on what’s right or wrong,” said Williams’ chief operating officer Dan Compeau, adding they’re one of the largest firearms retailers in Michigan.

Like Seb over at PAgunblog.com says.... "The anti-gun folks are raising the stakes. You do realize that works both ways, right? We need to work hard. We need to regain momentum and crush them."

gonecheenin
02-20-2013, 06:55 PM
Nice!

They probably play that in the liberal media thinking it supports their position!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84ptFVq22PY&feature=youtu.be

joshs1ofakindxj
02-22-2013, 10:17 AM
A letter I just sent to my State Senator, Kim Ward:

Senator Ward,

Back on January 23rd, I took a day off work and drove to Harrisburg to support the 2nd Amendment Rally and speak with you. Although you were very busy, you took a moment to reassure me you support the 2nd Amendment, and I appreciate you taking the time to do that.

I am writing you today to ask you to prove your support of the 2nd Amendment and oppose SB 435 PA Assault Weapons Ban and HB 517 PA Assault Weapons Ban. Both are cookie cutter gun-control that have been statistically proven not to reduce crime and only disarm honest citizens. HB 517 goes as far as restricting true assault weapons with select fire, which a minority of collectors and enthusiasts in this state own and consider to be investments because they cost in the tens of thousands of dollars or more to own. I dare anyone to find when the last crime committed in PA with a true assault weapon with select fire occurred. The owner's of those weapons are the most responsible and law-abiding I know.

Not only am I a resident of the 39th District, but I a 24 year old home owner, I'm a tax payer, I have my Bachelors of Science in Engineering, I'm a full time employee at a local manufacturer, I'm a student at Seton Hill University in Greensburg where I'm completing my Masters in Business Administration, and I am a responsible firearm owner and enthusiast. These types of laws could also make me a felon. Am I really the kind of citizen this state should be targeting? That just doesn't make sense to me. is that justified by some people feeling they have made our state safer by passing ineffective gun control measures? I keep my weapons secure and practice responsible, safe ownership. I believe we have not only a right to self defense, but a duty to protect ourselves, our family, our fellow citizens, and freedom itself. I share my passion with others by educating others in responsible and law-abiding use, ownership, and safety. I especially support children's firearm safety education and women's firearm self defense education.

I look forward to your response and I hope you are a true supporter of the 2nd Amendment and Article 1, Section 21 of the Pennsylvania Constitution: "The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned." I also look forward to returning to Harrisburg in the near future and speaking with you again.

Thank you,

X

CC: Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association (PAFOA), Pittsburgh Offroad, Facebook.

justin'sbig7
02-22-2013, 11:11 AM
Well written letter Josh!

I went to a 2a town hall to see my congressional rep, Mike Kelly. He is very much a supporter of the constitution and seemed to be of the opinion that there is too much restriction as is. He let us know that there are more tricks up the presidents sleeve and even though we seem to be gaining steam in stopping this, there is MUCH to worry about. He expressed a need to keep writing your reps, senators and also to letters to newspaper editors as well as contacting other media outlets.

There was also a question as to why the govt has been buying billions of rounds of ammo and 7k more full auto defense rifles purchased... He did not directly answer the question but answered it as, if you are astute enough to ask, you already know the answer. Then explained that the agency buying all this stuff does not answer to congress or senate but to the executive branch itself. It was rather enlightening hearing what he had to say but, as seemed to be the general consensus of the hosts and attendees, rather scary.

JeepSteeler
02-22-2013, 01:12 PM
Bravo Josh - nice letter. Good work guys, keep on them!!

BTW Justin - I'm going to the Utah CCW class in Butler Monday night (25th) at 6 @ the Fairfield Inn. Shoot me a PM if you're going or want any info.

Super Scout
02-26-2013, 12:53 PM
Got a response from Corbett today, as long as he is Governer I don't think we have much to worry about as far as state laws go.

Dear Friend:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with my office to express your views on the important issues related to gun violence and school safety measures.

As a former law enforcement official, I certainly understand the importance of keeping violent criminals off of Pennsylvania’s streets while upholding our unwavering commitment to protect law abiding citizen’s Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. While no additional restrictions on the rights of law abiding citizens can stop violent predators intent on committing crime, there are a number of ways my administration is working to protect our schools, keep dangerous criminals off the street and provide care for those suffering from mental illness.

I believe that it is important to ensure the safety of our students against violent criminals. That is why I have proposed to invest $1 billion in our public schools with the privatization of our wine and spirit system over the next 4 years through my Passport to Learning Program. This proposal would provide funding for local school districts to invest in initiatives designed to fit the need of each school, including security programs to protect our students.

As part of our efforts to protect Pennsylvania’s communities, I was pleased to sign HB 898 into law on October 25, 2012. This law imposes strict sentences for those who participate in straw purchasing of firearms for individuals who are legally ineligible to own a gun. This measure is critical to our ongoing efforts to keep weapons out of the hands of criminals. It is essential that we equip our law enforcement officials with the tools and resources necessary to enforce our existing laws. For this reason, I have also proposed three additional classes of state police cadets in the next fiscal year. These classes will provide up to 290 new troopers to ensure that our State Police force retains the necessary man power to protect our communities.

It is also important to note the critical role of mental health policy in ensuring the safety of our Commonwealth. In my budget address for Fiscal Year 2013-2014, I have proposed investing $40 million to provide critical services to families and individuals affected by intellectual and physical disabilities, including people with mental illnesses. This additional funding will help provide necessary care to bring services to our most vulnerable citizens and enables them to live independently, safely and productively in our communities.

Thank you again for your correspondence on this important topic. I believe the action and proposals I have laid out will help protect Pennsylvanians. Please do not hesitate to contact my office with any future questions or concerns related to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,
TOM CORBETT
Governor

Azzy
03-05-2013, 12:54 PM
http://gunowners.org/alert03042013b.htm?fb_action_ids=4318121642231&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map={%224318121642231%22%3A147609502 067863}&action_type_map={%224318121642231%22%3A%22og.likes %22}&action_ref_map=[]

Senators on Capitol Hill are telling Gun Owners of America that Harry Reid is twisting arms to get support for one of the most anti-gun judicial nominees in recent memory.
Her name is Caitlin Halligan, and she has a long track record in favor of gun control. In fact, one Senate Republican said that she is the most “anti-Second Amendment nominee Obama has ever put forward.”
As New York’s Solicitor General, Halligan was one of the chief lawyers responsible for New York’s baseless and politically motivated efforts to bankrupt gun manufacturers using frivolous litigation. In so doing, Halligan proved that she places liberal political activism above fealty to the law.
Halligan’s public hatred for firearms was only matched by her zealotry inside the courtroom. In a speech on May 5, 2003, Halligan called for “handgun manufacturers [to be held] liable for criminal acts committed with handguns.”
Certainly, no other manufacturer of another item -- whether it be cars, baseball bats, or anything else -- would be held liable for the criminal misuse of its product. And, as Halligan well knows, the application of that principle to firearms would surely eliminate the manufacture of firearms in America.
After attempts of legal extortion of the firearms industry were repudiated by a bipartisan vote in Congress, Halligan’s office did not let up on attacking gun rights, signing a legal brief calling for New York courts to declare the federal Gun Makers’ Protection Act unconstitutional.
Finally, Halligan, in written testimony submitted to the Senate in connection with her nomination, attempted to conceal the extent of her anti-gun animus.
Halligan’s failure to provide information that would clarify her statements, thus keeping her testimony from being misleading, constitutes “fraud” against the Senate. As such, the only role she should play in the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals is the role of a defendant.
But, of course, none of this matters to Harry Reid. He and President Obama are doing what they can to pack the Appeals Courts with radical leftists.
We have to stop this Reid/Obama court-packing scheme. Please act now, as Reid is pushing hard for a vote on Halligan’s nomination.

Azzy
03-06-2013, 12:03 PM
This gives me bad ideas...

http://ww.abc6.com/story/21525773/city-not-amused-by-no-mugging-signs-in-providence

justin'sbig7
03-06-2013, 12:56 PM
Linky no worky

Azzy
03-06-2013, 02:57 PM
http://wlne.images.worldnow.com/images/21525773_BG1.jpgDee DeQuattro
ddequattro@abc6.com

On some streets in Rhode Island's capital city there is no parking and now according to new signs that sprung up throughout the city there will be "No Mugging" either.
Signs that have been placed around Kennedy Plaza warn passersby that there will be "No Mugging from here to corner," "No Mugging on This Side of the Street," or "Mug Free Zone."
The city of Providence had no idea how the signs got there or who put them there but it was clear they did not think it was a funny joke. The signs surfaced on Monday and by Tuesday at noon the city was already working to have them removed.
The signs are expected to be completely removed by dusk on Tuesday.
Some speculated that the signs were an art project commenting on "urban living," others were spooked thinking that it meant there was an alarming amount of crime in the city.
Police say there is no reason for people to be concerned in the past year there has only be six aggravated assaults or robberies in District 1 in Providence.

(2 Char)

Azzy
03-06-2013, 04:05 PM
And just like 1968...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/gun-advocates-divided-over-background-checks/2013/03/05/2eee5136-84f2-11e2-9d71-f0feafdd1394_story.html

As I said on FB, tell you what... the guys who use firearms for tools of crime can register theirs first, and start paying FFLs to do background checks. In the mean time National Shooting Sports Foundation | NSSF (https://www.facebook.com/NSSFcomm?group_id=0), go plug your pie hole. How about we stop letting go of freedoms and start fighting for our rights back ? Same goes for you National Rifle Association (https://www.facebook.com/NationalRifleAssociation?group_id=0), Second Amendment Foundation (https://www.facebook.com/SecondAmendmentFoundation?group_id=0). this gun owner is sick of having to play "mother may I" for a constitutional right, because some people's children break the law.

Azzy
03-13-2013, 09:55 AM
This is hitting the Senate, would make it illegal to give someone a gun on your own range.

http://www.pagunblog.com/2013/03/12/we-have-language-for-s-374-the-transfer-ban/

As a commenter on there said, they are not coming for our guns, they are coming for us.

joshs1ofakindxj
03-13-2013, 10:03 AM
I was literally on my way here with that very same link!

Call and email your senators people!

Toomey

Office: (814) 453-3010

Email: http://www.toomey.senate.gov/?p=contact

Casey

Office: Phone: (202) 224-6324, Toll Free: (866) 802-2833

Email:http://www.casey.senate.gov/contact/

justin'sbig7
03-13-2013, 12:43 PM
done

justin'sbig7
04-10-2013, 10:40 AM
Press release at 11am from Toomey announcing the result of his working with manchin and his supporting of universal background checks

The_War_Wagon
04-10-2013, 11:35 AM
Like Seb over at PAgunblog.com says.... "The anti-gun folks are raising the stakes. You do realize that works both ways, right? We need to work hard. We need to regain momentum and crush them."

So who the hell still USES CRAPcast? The ORIGINAL Two-tin-cans-&-some-string Cable provider! :icon_toilet:

Super Scout
04-10-2013, 11:40 AM
So who the hell still USES CRAPcast? The ORIGINAL Two-tin-cans-&-some-string Cable provider! :icon_toilet:

If I had ANY other option I would switch in a heartbeat. But, I dont and it pisses me off.

justin'sbig7
04-10-2013, 12:15 PM
and Toomey is lower than casey on my list now. at least casey tells you he is an O stamp

Super Scout
04-10-2013, 12:34 PM
I am pissed that he got involved. I wish to hell the republicans would grow a damn set of balls and let the liberals propese these assanine laws, that would of went nowhere as written. Instead he comes out with this great compromise. Why, can't politicians get it thru their damn heads that criminals will not go thru a background check. Its utter stupidity. He will be getting a call from me today, tomorrow, the next, etc. I had pretty much quit calling him and Casey, since they both had their minds pretty well made up.

PatF10
04-10-2013, 01:51 PM
sent toomey a message

Azzy
04-10-2013, 02:54 PM
Called Toomey, emailed... and if the time presents itself, will be visiting his office.

Pisses me off.

PatF10
04-11-2013, 08:08 AM
also get you going when his website says he is also tired of red tape and overregulation

justin'sbig7
04-11-2013, 12:05 PM
And they just broke rands filibuster. This is moving to a vote in the senate.

Super Scout
04-11-2013, 02:19 PM
Just got off the phone with toomey, asshole.

Azzy
04-11-2013, 05:04 PM
Toomey is more afraid of Bloomberg than us. I guess the message that got Kane elected resonated. Bloomberg money and anything involving football will get you elected.

I start to wonder that when the people who want just to be kept and entertained have become the majority, there is no getting back to anything else. Not without bad things happening.

Dragonslayer
04-13-2013, 04:52 AM
The supposed full text of the Toomey/Manchin bill. From Toomey's website.

http://www.toomey.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=968

justin'sbig7
04-14-2013, 03:58 PM
https://www.facebook.com/TurncoatToomey

there have already been amendments added to the s649 bill including an assault weapons ban and a mag limit ban.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/L?d113:./temp/~bda0MHP:1[1-5](Amendments_For_S.649)&./temp/~bdiMRp

joshs1ofakindxj
04-18-2013, 11:42 AM
Am I the only one celebrating what happened in the Senate yesterday? Despite all the lies, fabricated statistics, and appeals to emotions, all gun control bills were beat down. Feinstein had a melt down, Obama had a temper tantrum press conference in the rose garden. I got drunk last night celebrating.

PatF10
04-18-2013, 11:49 AM
oh its a good thing, it will just give them time to tweak it some and buy some more votes. I just have a hard time believing that they wont pass something.

The_War_Wagon
04-18-2013, 11:51 AM
Am I the only one celebrating what happened in the Senate yesterday? Despite all the lies, fabricated statistics, and appeals to emotions, all gun control bills were beat down. Feinstein had a melt down, Obama had a temper tantrum press conference in the rose garden. I got drunk last night celebrating.

Good points. ANY time Der Kommissar Obamassar AND Whinestein are having hissyfits, SHOULD be considered a GOOD day for America! http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/2/woohoo-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif

Super Scout
04-18-2013, 11:51 AM
I honestly thought the Senate was going to pass everything leaving it up to the house to shoot it down. Wayne said it best, Michael Bloomberg can't spend enough of his money to shut down the constitution and the NRA.

justin'sbig7
04-18-2013, 02:27 PM
I am quietly celebrating, I feel that it may have angered more support on their end, and in no way do I think this is over. I expect a much sneakier second attack.

Super Scout
04-18-2013, 03:08 PM
So do I, its not over it never will be over. I would like to have a beer with Toomey, see if he had an angle or if he truely is a turncoat arrogant asshole. He was a politician that I genuinly voted for (not simply to keep another guy out) and I felt like he was there for the right reasons. I feel lied to at this point, and really pissed.

justin'sbig7
04-18-2013, 04:32 PM
words cannot describe what I feel at the moment after all of this.

holemaker
04-19-2013, 11:40 AM
I thought Biden was going to cry.

Sloth_Fratelli
04-19-2013, 07:15 PM
your all cowards for not agreeing with me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Yd4nD0Lk5-U

im getting real tired of fanatics like her making up scary terms to describe guns

Azzy
04-21-2013, 11:32 AM
So do I, its not over it never will be over. I would like to have a beer with Toomey, see if he had an angle or if he truely is a turncoat arrogant asshole. He was a politician that I genuinly voted for (not simply to keep another guy out) and I felt like he was there for the right reasons. I feel lied to at this point, and really pissed.

The angle: Bloomberg has more money to spend than my supporters can in running ads.

justin'sbig7
04-24-2013, 10:41 AM
Things may be looking up but there will be more and sneaky attacks. please folks remain vigilant and keep calling your reps.

Super Scout
04-24-2013, 11:21 AM
So far PA is looking pretty good, and the pro gun outnumber the antis. Corbetts reelection worries me, esp with Kathy Kane in office. So we will see.

Azzy
04-26-2013, 02:00 PM
What the hell people? Too many people are fine in rights being violated as long as it doesnt upset their little piece of the pie. Or as long as they think it wont.

http://www.politicspa.com/quinnipiac-poll-gun-issue-boosts-toomey-approval/47636/

jackb1
04-26-2013, 03:18 PM
I'm going to catch hell for this, so I will preface with, I own guns. I have quite a few of them... Handguns, long guns, antique guns of various types, semi-auto, revolver, bolt, lever, pump, breech, even trap door actions and capacity capabilities to go well over any proposed ban. I shoot about once a month for fun when I can.

I can't say that I fully support expanded background checks, but I won't be bothered by them should it happen either. I don't see how my rights to own a gun would be infringed upon as an upstanding, sane, non-felon.

If it helps to keep a few crazies from buying a gun, I'm ok with it. Now, I know it won't keep all bad people from getting guns. It probably won't even keep most bad people from getting a gun. Bad people will always have guns, I know this, but I'm not sure I see how it hurts that much. Maybe a few crazies a year don't get to buy guns because of it. And maybe they don't have a gun available to them when they want to use it.

If the gov wants to require P2P sales to go through an FFL, I don't think I'd care. I know I'm in the minority around here, but aside from the possibility it is a stepping stone to further restrictions, I really don't see a downside from my point of view.

I really don't care if the gov knows what I own. I own it legally now, so what difference does it make if someone knows I own it or not? -rhetorical.

*The preceeding was written with my current point of view. I reserve the right to change my point of view. So if you want to help change my point of view, make a good argument.

Super Scout
04-26-2013, 03:34 PM
The problem I have with background checks is it won't prevent crime. It will inconvience me. It also will increase the cost of purchasing a gun. Some places want 40-50 dollars to do a background check. I believe everyone has the right to protect themselves, esp at home. Poor people may not be able to afford several guns, or afford a new gun at all. But, lets say hypothetically a lower income individual wants to buy a gun. They find a shotgun used, for sale for 200 dollars from a private seller. They decide to buy it, and pull out 200 dollars, which in their case is a substantial ammount of money. The deal is done, and they sleep a little bit better. But here comes this background check, now they have to pay more to buy that gun. 50 dollars to some people is a lot of money. Why is our government trying to pass a bill, that by Toomey's own admittance won't make much, if any difference in stopping crime. Yet, it would be an extra cost for people to shoulder. If it was a simple background check, or something we could call on our own. I would be more in favor. Something along the lines of, if you are going to sell a gun privately call this number enter the Drivers License number, and you will get a simple yes, or no. Thats it, no cost, no meeting up at a gun store half way between you and the seller. Just that simple.

pittim
04-26-2013, 03:53 PM
The problem I have with background checks is it won't prevent crime. It will inconvience me. It also will increase the cost of purchasing a gun. Some places want 40-50 dollars to do a background check. I believe everyone has the right to protect themselves, esp at home. Poor people may not be able to afford several guns, or afford a new gun at all. But, lets say hypothetically a lower income individual wants to buy a gun. They find a shotgun used, for sale for 200 dollars from a private seller. They decide to buy it, and pull out 200 dollars, which in their case is a substantial ammount of money. The deal is done, and they sleep a little bit better. But here comes this background check, now they have to pay more to buy that gun. 50 dollars to some people is a lot of money. Why is our government trying to pass a bill, that by Toomey's own admittance won't make much, if any difference in stopping crime. Yet, it would be an extra cost for people to shoulder. If it was a simple background check, or something we could call on our own. I would be more in favor. Something along the lines of, if you are going to sell a gun privately call this number enter the Drivers License number, and you will get a simple yes, or no. Thats it, no cost, no meeting up at a gun store half way between you and the seller. Just that simple.

The only inconvenient part about PICS is that you have to go through a FFL to do it. PA has something for private citizens to do a criminal history check (https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp) for $10, which is less than a FFL transfer but I've never used it. If you cant afford to have a background check done you cant afford a box of ammo either.

I think the biggest thing is the fact that, in PA at least, you're going through a background check for any gun brought from a dealer whether brick and mortar or online and any used handgun period. A mandatory background check wouldnt have much impact, IMO. The biggest problem with this would be that you'd have to go to a FFL holder and have them run it through. Open up PICS to the public, let anybody run shit through, with a simple yes no maybe how it is already. The fee is something like $5, it's the dealers charging for paperwork time. If all you want to do is make sure dudes legally allowed to own the rifle you dont need paperwork. If you want it out of your name, take it to a FFL.

Azzy
04-27-2013, 09:44 AM
The background check is nothing more than a ruse. Their "universal background check", while not only leading to a registry (dont care what that bill said, if the .gov obeyed the constitution, THE LAW, we wouldnt need an act to protect any of our rights, so how can we super dog dare trust them now?) changed when a transfer of ownership happened.

This same thing happened in Colorado, and made it illegal to hand someone a magazine. Felony illegal. Hand them a standard rifle (which they believe you to be a criminal in waiting for owning) and bam, felony.

PICS could not handle the public strain. Its a bad database, and its goal is not checks. It is a registry of sale. Its also down again and again.

And when they do catch someone trying to do a straw purchase... do they punish them for it? Only in about 4% of cases nationwide. Thats our court system. Not applying laws to those who break them with the intent to do wrong. Sure enough, we could be persecuted under those laws because a T did not get crossed soemwhere, and you would need to spend thousands of your own dollars to fight it, but if it saves one more.......

joshs1ofakindxj
04-29-2013, 09:26 AM
As reasonable as the idea of expanded background checks sounds, I won't support any kind of gun control legislation. When you get into the details, it gets ugly, and a politican saying just trust us, it won't effect family to family transfers, increase transfer costs, or create a registration database makes me as sick as hearing I'm from the government and I'm here to help. Blah. I guess if you're a big optimist, then go ahead and play along with the registration of all your weapons, hoping one day there will never been any type of massive registration and confiscation initiative that we haven't seen proposed in some states since, oh well January 2013. Pa is headed to being a liberal run state it seems as the western side depopulated and the eastern side fills up with jersey and NY people. You know those people, the ones that love gun control and vote. You own your weapons as a law abiding individual but a true citizen has a duty to practice his rights and not allow them to be infringed upon. My fundamental views of my role as an individual in a society and as a citizen of a nation are not in step with any gun control, past or present. I hope I live to see the day we can purchase a select fire suppressed short barrel weapon at Walmart by showing our license to carry a firearm and a fist bump.

HoodRN
04-29-2013, 04:01 PM
I can't register mine. They were all lost in a terrible kayaking accident.