PDA

View Full Version : Need a lighted license plate frame & bracket

The_War_Wagon
12-30-2012, 09:41 PM
It's gonna need some work attaching to the bumper anyways,

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/The_War_Wagon/Ramcharger/HALF5.jpg

BUT... does anyone know where to find a LIGHTED bracket from a retail location in/around Pittsburgh - so it'll be street LEGAL? Advance Auto will sell you a license plate frame :roll:, but I need a LITTLE more than THAT. Thanks!

hyperbuzzin
12-30-2012, 09:53 PM
What about the kind that relocates the plate to inside of the spare?

Yarz
12-30-2012, 10:46 PM
No idea on a lighted frame, but you could go with a set of these light/bolt combos. I know cycle gear has them. I'm sure other places do too:
http://www.cyclegear.com/_static/webUpload/730/2_web1006859_2.jpg

The_War_Wagon
12-31-2012, 02:02 AM
What about the kind that relocates the plate to inside of the spare?

Now THAT sounds interesting! Any place around here make something like?

joshs1ofakindxj
12-31-2012, 10:36 AM
I always just buy the license plate light and screw the plate to whatever.

I would say call a trailer place though. They should have those brackets with the light and the two slotted brackets.

hyperbuzzin
12-31-2012, 02:12 PM
Now THAT sounds interesting! Any place around here make something like?
Good question.... They aren't cheap by mail order. Maybe someone here can fab one up for ya?

I would say call a trailer place though. They should have those brackets with the light and the two slotted brackets.
Or Tractor Supply / Trader Horn. Believe I've seen those at both.

Super Scout
12-31-2012, 03:23 PM
Hell, I havent had a lighted license plate in years. lol.... Maybe one day I will fix that.

The_War_Wagon
12-31-2012, 11:13 PM
Well, believe it or not - NAPA actually had what I needed! :107: There's some holes drilled in the pan the Jerry can sits on, for bracket mounting, but I'm gonna hafta run a wire through the hollow of the tire carrier, because that part swings out! I figure about 4' of wire will be necessary, to run a pigtail back to the original light wire. Gotta get it mounted ASAP, because it's off to the shop either late this week/early next week, to get all the work done necessary to run and pass inspection! :gear_lol2:

Oh - and the Magnaflow glasspacks from JEGS arrived today. :080: