PDA

View Full Version : Harrisburg Rally thread

justin'sbig7
01-12-2013, 10:20 AM
Figured I would start a thread so we don't clutter the others.
Jan 23rd is the rally to counter the cease fire rally.

Who is planning to go?

I'll be there. It was requested and suggested to not bring long guns due to the counter rally. It is best to look and act professional and have a big turnout. The media will demonize anyone who gets out of line and it could hurt worse than not even showing up.

Attending:
Justin (justinsbig7)

joshs1ofakindxj
01-13-2013, 10:22 PM
I'm on the fence.

Super Scout
01-13-2013, 10:25 PM
Me too, 80% in tho, just need to check it at work, see if I can rearrange some things.

Super Scout
01-15-2013, 08:28 AM
I know taking off work sucks, but it will look bad if we don't out number the anti gun people.

Attending:
Justin (justinsbig7)
Steve (superscout)

joshs1ofakindxj
01-15-2013, 11:33 AM
Screw it, I'm in. Ny just got boned hard we can't let the same happen in pa. Looks like we should register through the pafoa wite too.

Attending:
Justin (justinsbig7)
Steve (superscout)
Josh (joshs1ofakindxj) + 1 Maybe

Ragnorox
01-15-2013, 01:06 PM
I am still in my 90 day period at the new Job. If I can work it out I am in.

Attending:
Justin (justinsbig7)
Steve (superscout)
Josh (joshs1ofakindxj) + 1 Maybe

maybe:
Mark (Ragnorox)

Super Scout
01-15-2013, 02:37 PM
I am trying to recruit some others too. Mark, Josh, you guys want to ride together, we are all kinda local. Justin we could meet you in Breezewood. Figure it would just be easier if we rode together. I have no idea what to do, except wear pants and leave my rifle at home.

sethman15210
01-15-2013, 02:53 PM
Anyone from the Southside area goin? Anyone with a spare seat? I'd like to go but don't think the xj is ready for a out of town trip at this time.

Super Scout
01-15-2013, 03:18 PM
Can you make it too Mt Pleasant or Latrobe ?

sethman15210
01-15-2013, 03:38 PM
I could probably do mt pleasant area. How about breeze wood?

joshs1ofakindxj
01-15-2013, 04:02 PM
You could meet me at my place outside West Newton. I know you know where that is.

I'm going to dress business casual with dockers and a button down. No camoflauge. Let's not propogate the NRA stereotype. I will open carry as well. Probably going to make a sign with some glitter n at.

We need to be in HBG at 9AM. That means leaving at like 530.

FML!

sethman15210
01-15-2013, 06:26 PM
That's sounds good josh, just gotta get permissions from the boss (wife) and ill be good to go. Would I need to bring chip-in money? And is everyone open carrying?

joshs1ofakindxj
01-15-2013, 06:57 PM
Whoever ends up driving all the way to hbg should get some gas money. I don't mind driving the avalanche all the way out.

justin'sbig7
01-15-2013, 08:32 PM
I am good with meeting in breezewood and hauling out. I am contemplating shaving the beard and will definitely be donning biz casual attire as well. I am slightly Leary of OC, although its legal this can be a sketchy event with the CFPA crowd.

joshs1ofakindxj
01-15-2013, 09:44 PM
I am good with meeting in breezewood and hauling out. I am contemplating shaving the beard and will definitely be donning biz casual attire as well. I am slightly Leary of OC, although its legal this can be a sketchy event with the CFPA crowd.

I'll bring oc pamphlets for them

PAFirefighter49
01-15-2013, 11:15 PM
I'd be in for this....I'd be willing to chip in for gas money to pay for a seat no problem, possibly even to accept some gas money to drive depending on the circumstances. What time are we looking to be back in the area? I work at midnight Wednesday into Thursday...need enough time in the evening to get ready.

Super Scout
01-16-2013, 08:50 AM
The rally is over at 2, I figure leave harrisburg at 3 or so, get back to the area around 6-630. That sound reasonable to everyone else. Any Idea on where we want to meet ?

skeebs
01-16-2013, 11:47 AM
It's a shame, but my work schedule will keep me from joining you all.

Super Scout
01-16-2013, 01:11 PM
I understand everyone has work, I get that, I have work. But, this is no longer just about guns. Its about government that thinks they own us, thinks they own you. They are crushing our constitutional rights, if we can't come together now, than when. I am losing money, and dressing up two things I hate a lot. But, it needs to be done. A line must be drawn, they need to know that they CANNOT do this.
If it sounds like I am giving everyone a hard time I am. Stand up fellas, be heard. I read the other day that only 15% of gun owners have called their reps. Its an embarrassment. We have a voice, we need to be heard. Once they have our guns they will take everything else.
People have called me a fear mongerer for speeaking about Obama, I said taxes will go up, healthcare will be socialized, and he will try to take our guns. I have been 100% right. Its time to take the fight to them. So knuckle up fellas.

justin'sbig7
01-16-2013, 01:43 PM
yup, and doing it tactfully is key. keep up the fight, i have been losing sleep over much of this and i think justifiably so. there is more polarization going on right now, and in all honesty i think more than 15% has been contacting reps. all the ones i have called have stated they are getting more calls than normal, we need to overwhelm them with correspondence.

Christopher
01-16-2013, 02:27 PM
I've been losing sleep on this also. Glad to see everyone staying calm and representing the responsible gun owners. Those opposing us would love to provoke someone to react crazy to gain support for their agenda. Not sure if I am going yet.

PAFirefighter49
01-16-2013, 04:24 PM
The rally is over at 2, I figure leave harrisburg at 3 or so, get back to the area around 6-630. That sound reasonable to everyone else. Any Idea on where we want to meet ?

Might have to drive myself after all... Need to be back well before that - going to see a production with the girlfriend in Pittsburgh at the Benedum....She WILL chop my balls off if I am late.

justin'sbig7
01-16-2013, 06:23 PM
Might have to drive myself after all... Need to be back well before that - going to see a production with the girlfriend in Pittsburgh at the Benedum....She WILL chop my balls off if I am late.

if all goes according to their plan, at least she wont be able to shoot you.

I can meet anyone wanting to ride out from the pgh area at monroeville @ the lowes parking lot.those coming from latrobe GBG area, would the greensburg turnpike exit work to meet? I can also stop at breezewood and pick up the folks there, but thats a long way down the tpke when we could meet closer and save some driving for yall.

justin'sbig7
01-17-2013, 04:23 AM
Ok, so we have so far:
Justin
Josh +1
Steve
Sethman (Seth I assume?)

Maybe:
Mark
Chris

Pamtnbiker driving self to be back for obligation.

Is this list correct?

I can fit 5 (4+me) large adults very comfortably in the truck with room to spare. How about we meet at either Irwin or greensburg 76 interchange (those familiar, which one has better parking to leave vehicles?)

PAFirefighter49
01-17-2013, 04:46 AM
Ok, so we have so far:
Justin
Josh +1
Steve
Sethman (Seth I assume?)

Maybe:
Mark
Chris
Jay

Super Scout
01-17-2013, 08:33 AM
Ok, so we have so far:
Justin
Josh +1
Steve+1
Sethman (Seth I assume?)

Maybe:
Mark
Chris
Jay

Super Scout
01-17-2013, 08:40 AM
Either exit will work, I assume by Greensburg you mean New Staton. New Staton is ok but its really busy and I don't know if I would want to ditch my car there. Irwin isn't as congested. There is a large Sheetz, right off the exit up 30 east maybe a half mile, if that. We could probably meet there.

joshs1ofakindxj
01-17-2013, 09:17 AM
There is a Walmart right near the Irwin exit as well.

My house is 8 miles / 10 minutes from the New Stanton exit.

Super Scout
01-17-2013, 09:25 AM
But sheetz sells delicious sammitches and cheese sticks.

Azzy
01-17-2013, 09:45 AM
I'll be there. Sorry, been away most of the week.

I would suggest 2 things. Downloading the firearms check in if you plan on going into the capitol buildings, use the south entrance. Find out where your legislator is located, and stop in and have a chat with them and their staff. If you can, call ahead and see when they will be in their office and when they will be headed into session.

justin'sbig7
01-17-2013, 09:57 AM
Ok, meeting place will be Walmart @irwin. Their lot will probably be the best to use. Time is TBD for the moment.

sethman15210
01-17-2013, 11:30 AM
I'm still gonna meet josh at his place, probally be there by 5am. That's the closest to me.

joshs1ofakindxj
01-17-2013, 11:45 AM
Find out where your legislator is located, and stop in and have a chat with them and their staff. If you can, call ahead and see when they will be in their office and when they will be headed into session.

Would you highly suggest doing this? Do you think the Congressional reps will be available? Or should we focus on state reps?

justin'sbig7
01-17-2013, 01:17 PM
Would you highly suggest doing this? Do you think the Congressional reps will be available? Or should we focus on state reps?

I talked to my reps this morning and also the senators offices... they have had outnumbering anti gun support! GET ON THE PHONE!!! we need to get our voices out! talk to who you can when you can as often as you can!

Azzy
01-17-2013, 01:22 PM

Being in H-burg I would keep to the state reps. remind them not only of our freedoms regarding arms, but those that keep those rights out of the reach of the feds, as stated in the 10th amendment.

Super Scout
01-17-2013, 01:24 PM
I talked to my reps this morning and also the senators offices... they have had outnumbering anti gun support! GET ON THE PHONE!!! we need to get our voices out! talk to who you can when you can as often as you can!

This is scaring the shit out of me. I can't believe how many people who are guns owners have yet to read the bill feinstein wants to pass. ITS NOT JUST ARs and AKs people !!!!

justin'sbig7
01-17-2013, 09:35 PM
Ok, we need to be in harrisburg around 9:30 so lets meet at the Irwin walmart around 5:30am.

Super Scout
01-20-2013, 09:52 AM
So, the weather is calling for a high of 21 on Wednesday. It's gonna be cold. How nice are you guys dressing up for this ? I really don't own dress clothes suitable to wear outside on 20 degree day.
Also you guys make signs or anything ?

Azzy
01-20-2013, 12:10 PM
I might print up a couple signs (I have a 42" inkjet) for it. I will be wearing my normal long coat and dress shirt with tie.

justin'sbig7
01-20-2013, 12:13 PM
I am not going to make a sign or anything. i havent really done this before, so i am planning on going as a warm body (hopefully warm) for support. my luck, I would wind up counteracting the cause, so i am going to go and take notes this time.

I am thinking a pair of LJ's under my khakis and a nice coat that isnt a hunting or work destroyed coat. other than that i have no idea what to wear thats warm but doesnt scream construction working hunter.

Super Scout
01-20-2013, 12:26 PM
^Yeah thats my problem lol.

Azzy
01-20-2013, 12:57 PM
I'll be there with a few cameras as well, so I can get some video for the FOAC youtube channel and podacsts.

joshs1ofakindxj
01-20-2013, 03:22 PM
I can bring a Gadsden flag on a pole.

Sloth_Fratelli
01-20-2013, 09:45 PM
I've been hanging back on this because I don't own any non-jean pants lol, but if somebody would let me join a carpool I'd like to go. This is going too far.

justin'sbig7
01-20-2013, 10:02 PM
I've been hanging back on this because I don't own any non-jean pants lol, but if somebody would let me join a carpool I'd like to go. This is going too far.

i dont think it will matter much. the biggest thing is to not look like wild right wing nutjob dirty rednecks... numbers and responsible behavior are the key. not unholster your piece even to show someone, speak politely, remain calm and let the antis attack, that kind of stuff. good if you can make it fred.

Azzy, are you meeting us at the irwin wally world?

Sloth_Fratelli
01-20-2013, 10:20 PM
Is your carpool full Justin?

Super Scout
01-20-2013, 10:28 PM
Fred I don't own a whole lot dress clothes either, I think the key is to look presentable. Not like the sterotypical hillbilly gunowner the left trys to convince people we look like.

Sloth_Fratelli
01-20-2013, 10:42 PM
Ill borrow a collared shirt off of my brother. Gotta try to find a carpool to ride along with now.

joshs1ofakindxj
01-20-2013, 11:07 PM
Bring a woman and a little kid if you can't find khakis. Those two things would help the image.

Sloth_Fratelli
01-20-2013, 11:42 PM
I done have any of the above but ill try to find a woman

Christopher
01-21-2013, 04:05 AM
My wife reminded me i am taking mom for treatment in Pittsburgh the 23rd. So I am out.
If you need khakis Im sure I can donate a pair.

Super Scout
01-21-2013, 08:48 AM
Ill borrow a collared shirt off of my brother. Gotta try to find a carpool to ride along with now.

Pretty Sure if you meet in Irwin you will have a ride.

Azzy
01-21-2013, 09:02 AM
My wife reminded me i am taking mom for treatment in Pittsburgh the 23rd. So I am out.
If you need khakis Im sure I can donate a pair.

Hope everything goes well with your mom, we know you are with us in spirit :)

Christopher
01-21-2013, 09:24 AM
I am And thank you. Perhaps justin can organize a meeting for the concerned at a later date.

Sloth_Fratelli
01-21-2013, 11:43 AM
Work changed my schedule without notice I'm not gonna be able to make it sorry guys

2002wranglerX
01-21-2013, 11:51 AM
Are you shitting me? How do you guys not have a pair of khakis and a collared shirt?

What do you do if you have to go to a funeral, graduation, church,
Etc?

Super Scout
01-21-2013, 12:41 PM
Oh no I have dress clothes I just hate wearing them. I'll whore up come wednesday.

sethman15210
01-21-2013, 12:52 PM
I own one high end suit, but I won't be wearing it. I don't own khakis either, I'll just be wearing a hole and rip free pair of jeans and a decent shirt. It's supposed to be cold, so there will be a heavy coat on top of it anyway.

joshs1ofakindxj
01-21-2013, 01:03 PM
Ya my open carry statement will be out of sight under my winter jacket.

2002wranglerX
01-21-2013, 01:41 PM
I predict lots of camo if its that cold out :-). Jk guys.

Super Scout
01-21-2013, 03:12 PM
Thats my issue, I dont really own a nice Coat, I have a "nice carhardt". For funerals I just wear a suit, I have a trench coat my grandpa gave me but it looks straight out an al capone movie so I won't be wearing that lol.... Like I said I think its more important that you just look decent.

justin'sbig7
01-22-2013, 10:55 AM
New shoes going on the truck this afternoon! I am looking forward to this trip.

XJchris98
01-22-2013, 01:38 PM
New shoes going on the truck this afternoon! I am looking forward to this trip.

[Off-Topic] What tires are you putting on it? [End Off-Topic]

justin'sbig7
01-22-2013, 02:45 PM
just cooper discoverer at3's. not rich enough for something super fancy :laughing:

justin'sbig7
01-22-2013, 07:04 PM
just a heads up, apparently Harrisburg has a bit of a crime problem and daylight armed robberies are commonplace. they recommend staying in a group and sticking to main routes. I realize that being armed hopefully will be a plus, but in my sheltered bubble i never realized Hburg wasnt so great.

sethman15210
01-22-2013, 11:18 PM
That's good info for us, just enforces how useless the government is when it comes to things that matter. For instance, if you go to Washington, D.C. Stay around the capital, dc is one of the worst crime city's in the country. It's a shame they spend all they're resources and time focused on trivial things, instead of taking care of the real criminals.

justin'sbig7
01-23-2013, 04:37 AM
up and moving, see yall in irwin

Dragonslayer
01-23-2013, 04:24 PM
It seems that the rally's are working. Butler State Rep Daryl Metcalf introducing legislation that would make
it a criminal offense for ANYONE that tries to uphold a federal gun-grab or ban of weapons and accessories
that are currently legal in Pennsylvania. Keep up the pressure guys.

http://repmetcalfe.com/NewsItem.aspx?NewsID=16232

Also on his homepage in the middle, there is a link (Armed Pennsylvania: Say no to gun control) for a petition.

Azzy
01-23-2013, 10:08 PM
Good to see you guys there, thanks for heading out.I'll have pics up as possible when back home.

Super Scout
01-23-2013, 10:51 PM
It was interesting, we needed more support. There are too many gun owners in this state for there not be a bigger difference in numbers. Hopefully more turn out for the next one

Here are some pics:
http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt359/Weetz454/IMAG0754.jpg

http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt359/Weetz454/IMAG0755.jpg

And the other side:

http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt359/Weetz454/IMAG0752.jpg

http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt359/Weetz454/IMAG0756.jpg

joshs1ofakindxj
01-23-2013, 11:13 PM
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Azzy
01-24-2013, 12:52 AM
The view from above you guys.
http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-wFbUj1i7v28/UQC8tUe_SNI/AAAAAAAABTU/QbQBDbMbct4/s800/20130123_122701.jpeg

That family with the 5 kids in the top left corner are wearing FOAC shirts :)

In your pic with the gadsen and culpeper flags, you can see my FAVORITE ex-representative Levdansky on the phone. Claimed for years to be pro gun, but shot down every bill that was, and when we call him on his record, he tries to physically bully you. I have him on video doing it to me at the polls when I caught him breaking the law.

Ive got GIGs of data to go through, and will have vid up when I can.

Seismik
01-24-2013, 03:16 PM
It was interesting, we needed more support. There are too many gun owners in this state for there not be a bigger difference in numbers.

The gun owners had to go to work to support all the liberals....

Super Scout
01-24-2013, 03:52 PM
My paycheck will be about 200 dollars lower, but I felt this was more important. We all have to work, but the cause needs more support. I was 10 in 1994, and from what I understand very few people knew about the ban. I often wonder if the ones who did know thought there was no chance it could past.
I spoke personally with a few reps for the most part they had a lot of positive things to say. I however did not leave with an overwhelming feeling that we were free and clear. We need to keep fighting, keep calling, keep emailing, and reach out to gun control advocates to explain our position.
We spent about 20 minutes with a group of high school kids that were with ceasefire (on a school trip). They were open minded and honestly I feel that even if we didn't change their minds they may have left a little skeptical of the information they received. If we convinced one of them it was worth it. Thats the only way we will win this.

Seismik
01-24-2013, 04:16 PM
That's cool that the kids were at least open minded enough to listen to what you had to say. And thanks to you guys for going out to represent.

And my comment was meant to be more of a joke than anything, but since you want to take it all serious and stuff, I wouldn't have even known about the rally if Justin didn't post it up here. I wanted to come, but didn't have the option to take the day off work. It wasn't a matter of a lower paycheck, it was a matter literally being required to be in my office yesterday.

I was 16 in 1994 and didn't know anything about what was going on either, but then again, my parents didn't own guns at the time and weren't very politically active either.

Super Scout
01-24-2013, 04:42 PM
Sorry, if I sounded like a dick. I take nothing serious, but this whole issue is making me sick. To be honest I am not even that big of a gun owner. I have 8 total. Its more of government control issue that makes me furious.

Azzy
01-24-2013, 06:19 PM
I was told yesterday by an organiser up there that when you drive, and make sure that you tell these reps that you drove and took a day off, that means much more than the groups who bus them in. IIRC tehy see you as representing 200 voters in your area.

Get 10 constituents to come in, and that is huge. We got 43 co-sponsors in one day for HB357... thats pretty damn good. Dont forget to follow up with your reps and any you talked to.

Sloth_Fratelli
01-24-2013, 09:30 PM
The gun owners had to go to work to support all the liberals....

i wish i could "like" this...

keep us updated, i WILL make it to the next trip come hell or high water

Azzy
01-25-2013, 09:55 AM
Sorry, if I sounded like a dick. I take nothing serious, but this whole issue is making me sick. To be honest I am not even that big of a gun owner. I have 8 total. Its more of government control issue that makes me furious.

The last VP of our organization was not even a firearm owner.... He just had the same thing as you. I have relatives that are the same way. In some ways, I appreciate that more, people standing up for something that they have less or no standing in.

justin'sbig7
01-31-2013, 07:46 PM
Somebody left a black steelers tostle cap in my truck after the rally, let me know who it was so I can get it back to you.

Super Scout
01-31-2013, 08:22 PM
Hahaha that was me ! I was looking for that damn thing today. Not sure when I will be up that way, might see you at the next Harrisburg event lol.

joshs1ofakindxj
01-31-2013, 08:39 PM
Speaking of which, I believe there is another rally next Friday. Cory and I were talking about going.

justin'sbig7
01-31-2013, 08:55 PM
I was debating on that one as well. I am wondering if there will be any reps or senators there, that was a definite plus to go out and talk to them in person.

Super Scout
01-31-2013, 08:56 PM
Is the rally only in Harrisburg ? Or is at local court houses ?

justin'sbig7
01-31-2013, 09:59 PM
I believe this is supposed to be at state capitols nationwide

Azzy
02-01-2013, 10:04 AM
From the last one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIcfnMrBbA4

Azzy
02-01-2013, 01:36 PM
Look in the background...

http://phillymdoblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/picture-260.jpg

joshs1ofakindxj
02-01-2013, 01:50 PM
^That wasn't me, never went upstairs, but I saw those guys representing too.

justin'sbig7
02-01-2013, 04:01 PM
am i the only one who finds it ironic that the lady with the "all life has value" sign is wearing fur?

Dragonslayer
02-02-2013, 07:10 AM
how come the d-bags from CeaseFire get to have THEIR rally INSIDE???

justin'sbig7
02-02-2013, 09:06 AM
because theirs was scheduled and the 2a rally was a protest against CFPA.

Dragonslayer
02-02-2013, 09:35 AM
ahhhhh, ok