PDA

View Full Version : Chest holster

Sloth_Fratelli
01-12-2013, 10:17 PM
im looking for a center-chest rig (not under the arm) and was wondering if anybod knew of anything, all i can find is old invalid links off of years old forum posts.

i found this which is exactly what im looking for but ive heard the guy is really sketchy and its up in the air if youll ever even get it once paid for

http://www.survivalsheath.com/holsters/index.htm

http://www.survivalsheath.com/holsters/images/keltec_chest.jpg

(this would be for a glock 19 btw)

Bill
01-13-2013, 10:31 AM
Looking at the design of this I would not recommend. The firearm in the photo is a Kel-Tec P11. It has a tension clip similar to a pocket knife and that is what is keeping it in that holster. Without another retention device (locking retention device) that would be a horrid design. I can easily see your firearm in your shirt (if it is tucked in) or on the floor.

Have you considered the blackhawk tactical version? Or maybe the Safariland system? They are pricey and not really for concealed carry. They are a much safer design. If you cannot keep possession of your firearm in a fight it does you no good. Firearm safety and firearm retention are key here. I would say the pic you provided violated both concepts.

2002wranglerX
01-13-2013, 10:35 AM
My buddy who is an air Marshall has one of those. Ill ask him what it is.

His is for his sig so I don't think it's the clip that holds it in there.

Sloth_Fratelli
01-13-2013, 02:38 PM
I saw some of the tactical versions but they seemed to leave a.pretty big profile under clothes. I really don't like carrying IWB, my shirt always seems to pull up far enough to expose my glock. I want this style just.to wear under a hoodie

HoodRN
01-13-2013, 08:42 PM
Check Simply Rugged Holsters website, they make a chest rig called the Chesty Puller (for the USMC general).

joshs1ofakindxj
01-13-2013, 10:16 PM
Buy some shirts that fit right.

pittim
01-14-2013, 12:32 AM
I saw some of the tactical versions but they seemed to leave a.pretty big profile under clothes. I really don't like carrying IWB, my shirt always seems to pull up far enough to expose my glock. I want this style just.to wear under a hoodie

I have a similar problem, in that the grips on my CZ are rubber, so whenever my shirt moves up, it doesn't go back down. I'll probably buy some thin grips for it, either VZs or some from CZ Custom, but I'd like to see how they fit and feel before I drop $90 on them.

Mykal
01-14-2013, 01:42 AM
Buy some shirts that fit right.

/thread

:038:

Sloth_Fratelli
01-14-2013, 03:00 AM
I don't see any way short of buying a super tall shirt that it would never come over my gun

pittim
01-14-2013, 07:51 AM
I don't see any way short of buying a super tall shirt that it would never come over my gun

fred doin work at monroe

http://imageshack.us/a/img217/4119/d5ddd102e90d841349316ba.jpg

Sloth_Fratelli
01-14-2013, 04:10 PM
Yo mane, han me dat wrench. I guess I could just sag my underwear over it like the master mechanic on da right

PAFirefighter49
01-15-2013, 11:46 PM
Something about having my pistol hanging upside down in front of me, regardless of whether there is a retention holster or not, makes me uneasy. I'd be afraid the gun would come out and hit the floor, or worse, be easily obtained by an attacker. Although under-arm holsters aren't exactly what you are looking for, it may be the safer option.

I conceal with an IWB (in waistband) holster personally, but my second choice is inside a secure inside jacket pocket and my third would be under-arm.

Maybe try to get with some friends that have different styles and carry locations that you can try on.

Sloth_Fratelli
01-16-2013, 12:00 PM
I don't really want it pointing down like that, that's just the pic I grabbed