PDA

View Full Version : To the hunters and "traditional" gun types.

justin'sbig7
01-20-2013, 08:50 PM
who dont want to get up and support the second because you dont understand the "need" for a defense or military style rifle...

if theyre gonna go all out and say "military style firearms" in this ban, there goes the bolt action rifles. listen up hunters, remember the 03 springfield? yep, at one time they were the latest and greatest. there goes the hunting rifles (AKA sniper weapons, or long distance assault weapons)and lever guns? yep, there was a time when they were issued as military as well

single shot rifles; the trapdoor and rolling block used to be military issue and pre 1898. so "military style" covers the single shot as well...
point being, and mainly missed, is that these guns were all invented as CIVILIAN!!!

it wasnt till the military took these guns, tested the bejeezus out of them and declared they were good enough and adopted them as military! yes, even the evilest of them all, the AR-15 was a civvy gun first.

if ours go yours will be next, and whos to say we will have the energy left to fight for you when it is your turn. after all this then on to the bowhunters when all guns are gone, after all theat guy in wyoming went after the school with a bow.

Azzy
01-21-2013, 09:04 AM
Might want to give this a read: http://www.pagunblog.com/2013/01/19/hunters-stand-with-gun-owners-over-sportsmans-show-black-gun-ban/

I think the best part of that article is the comment at the bottom that ends with

Being a hunter or sportsman doesn’t make you a Fudd. Being willing to abandon part of the pack to save my guns is.

justin'sbig7
01-21-2013, 09:41 AM
I love it! I run into a lot of fudd's here I guess is why I get on that rant. Many of the guys at the gun club I used to belong to have got a lot of "you can't stop em" and "you don't need those things" guys, when the topic turned to bans and such on trap night. It got irritating but I am very happy to see most gun people standing up, and very glad to see the Harrisburg show losing vendors

JeepGeneral
01-21-2013, 09:55 AM
I like guns. I hunt, target shoot and own a few for personal protection. Like most gun owners, I understand the seriousness of the issue at hand.

But for god sakes, how many gun related posts do we need?

justin'sbig7
01-21-2013, 10:30 AM
Seems to be the hot topic as of late... Apparently moreso than other topics? If theres something you want to discuss by all means start a topic and run with it. Boards and topics (unless the topic violates terms of use) are like supply and demand, the things that will be discussed are what people want to talk about. With rights infringement goes a lot of other things, the right to free speech (message boards) land use, etc. it's all linked wich is why people discuss it and it impacts a lot of four wheelers as well.

The_War_Wagon
01-22-2013, 11:20 AM
I like guns. I hunt, target shoot and own a few for personal protection. Like most gun owners, I understand the seriousness of the issue at hand.

As MANY as it takes. Don't count on the hoplophobes resting anytime soon. :018:

joshs1ofakindxj
01-22-2013, 05:01 PM

Ban high capacity assault forums!!!

Nobody needs a thread that holds that many posts!

Only the police need threads like that.

PatF10
01-22-2013, 10:53 PM
imagine the number of threads a military forum could hold!