PDA

View Full Version : An old Yota

HeepH8erTy
12-02-2006, 12:28 AM
ok i was really considering selling my truck and buying a frontier. but then i realized that i am broke kid that willl probably not want to wheel my frontier after i get it b/c i worked so hard to get the money to buy it. so i decided that i would really like to keep my truck and buy an old toyota truck. probably older than a 95.5 and my price range is around 7 or 800 bucks. i need a cheap truck that i can make awesome. i plan on putting 3/4 ton truck axles under it and some chevy lift leaf springs, amoung other things. but this truck will definitly not be my daily driver and it will have to be a 4wd and it can be extended cab or reg, dont mind. but does anyone know of anyone looking to get rid of one or any dealerships in the area with something like this?

thanks a ton!
-ty

Cebby
12-02-2006, 11:13 AM
I don't know of any selling one, but...

If you are putting 3/4 ton axles under it, why not get a 2WD and convert it? You can easily find an old 4WD trans/tcase to mate to it. This will be cheaper for you in the long run in my opinion.

The 86-95 P/U have torsion bars and IFS up front with vacuum actuated 4WD for the IFS axles (called ADD), so you'd be cutting all that stuff off anyway. One of these comes with a bunch of stuff you'd be junking anyway. The 84-88 look the same (look like DMG's). The 89-95 P/U look like mine. The 84-85's are the most desirable since they had solid axles from the factory.