PDA

View Full Version : Grice Gun Shop

MemorEsto
01-27-2013, 08:07 PM
Anybody know the deal with Grices? Planning on making a trip down there Friday, but we've called 10 times this past week and no one answers or returns our calls.

A couple of weeks ago a buddy was there and the store was closed when the web site said they should be open.

Super Scout
01-27-2013, 08:28 PM
No clue, everything looks normal on their facebook page tho.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Grice-Gun-Shop/160530220635254

gilly95
01-27-2013, 08:49 PM
brother inlaw was there just the other day.... said they were packed

MemorEsto
01-27-2013, 08:55 PM
I'm sure they are busy. Just don't wanna drive two hours for nothing .

joshs1ofakindxj
01-27-2013, 09:06 PM
They're probably tired of telling people they don't have any AR-15s so they quit answering the phone. They are well known for their huge selection, but the prices stink. Bob's Army Navy is nearby and usually has the same stuff at lower prices. Check out Grice's Car museum too and stop by Denny's to see the world's largest hamburger.

MemorEsto
01-27-2013, 09:26 PM
Lol. I'm sure all gun stores are sick of that question. Denny's is on the agenda as well. Thanks

Super Scout
01-27-2013, 10:31 PM
All the locals talk about Bobs Gun Shop as having much better prices lol.

joshs1ofakindxj
01-27-2013, 10:52 PM
Read my post again Steve...

http://www.bobsarmynavy.com/

toocheaptosmoke
01-28-2013, 10:03 PM
If you get their sale ads they have some pretty decent prices during the 3 day sales. My dad was out there Saturday, picked up some powder and other stuff. He said they were busy, but they always are during the sales. Usually able to get through pretty easy on the phone, we had some stuff on layaway. Bob's army navy is awesome, you can still find some good stuff if you dig through the piles.

joshs1ofakindxj
02-03-2013, 01:07 PM
Well how was it?

MemorEsto
02-03-2013, 06:24 PM
Well how was it?

It was a cool store, I guess I was expecting more. As expected they were low on everything, limits on ammo sales, and what they did have was overpriced. ( I thought)

Denny's Beer Barrel was good, tried some new micro brews I hadn't had before.

Then we headed to Bobs Army Navy... I liked the staff and overall store better. More friendly and more willing to help you find what you wanted. Picked up a butt stock and a rail grip. Other guys got some exploding zombie targets.

joshs1ofakindxj
02-03-2013, 09:07 PM
Just FYI, if you have friends or yourself interested in buying shooting targets, these are the best I've used: http://www.sonicboomexplodingtargets.com/index.htm

After using a lot of tannerite, I saw this stuff priced a little cheaper at Knob Creek gun show and figured why not give it a try. It is not only cheaper, but noticeably more powerful, pound for pound. It's supposed to be the same chemistry, but more potent. I used 5 pounds to knock the entire front end off of a mini van. 2 pounds inside one of the sliding doors made the door disappear and blew the opposite door off the track. Insane. Things fell off the wall at my neighbors house about 200 yards away!

MemorEsto
02-04-2013, 08:15 AM
I'll check it out, I use tannerite quit a bit. By exploding zombie, I just meant green splash exploding. Lol.

joshs1ofakindxj
02-04-2013, 09:58 AM
oh ok gotcha.

be advised there is quite a back up at sonic boom so shipping takes awhile. my last order took about a month to ship and that was pre-gun control BS so I imagine it only got worse.