PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Amendment rally 2/8/13

sethman15210
02-04-2013, 05:51 PM
is anyone planning on going to Harrisburg this friday for the rally. id like to go, would love to hitch a ride if possible ;). but will drive if nessacary, o' my poor 9mpg. i can already feel the wallet crying.

joshs1ofakindxj
02-04-2013, 07:02 PM
I think Cory and his friend are going. I don't think I'm going to be able to get away from work this week but I'll know for sure later in the week.

justin'sbig7
02-06-2013, 01:13 PM
I am down with bronchitis. I gotta watch what i do because I go from this to pneumonia in a flash, sorry y'all i am out.

sethman15210
02-06-2013, 03:12 PM
I'm still gonna be goin, the wife wants to go with me. But she wants to go over to jersey and spend the weekend there. Gonna stop in Trenton at jay & silent Bob's secret stash.

Seismik
02-07-2013, 03:01 PM
I wanted to go, but gotta work again.

Azzy
02-08-2013, 02:41 PM
If you do go, complain about this:

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/press.aspx?id=6811

February 8. 2013
Attorney General Kathleen G. Kane Implements Gun Safety Reform: Closes Gun Loophole with Florida

(PHILADELPHIA AND HARRISBURG, PA) - Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen G. Kane today closed the "Florida Gun Loophole" that previously gave Pennsylvanians - who were not also Florida residents and who were either denied, found ineligible or had gun permits revoked - the ability to obtain a Concealed Carry Permit from the state of Florida. Kane's action closes the Commonwealth's 12-year-old "Florida Gun Loophole" by requiring Concealed Carry Permit holders to be a resident of Florida [see addendum for new agreement (http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploadedFiles/Crime/firearms_agreement_florida_pa.pdf)].

"Our state's gun traffic and permits should never be bypassed," said Kane. "Closing this loophole shows that it is possible to swiftly implement common sense gun safety measures that protect our streets. This is my administration's first official step, but it certainly will not be our last."

"This is a significant step toward making Philadelphia, and the entire Commonwealth, safer for all residents," said Mayor Michael A. Nutter. "Modification of the firearm reciprocity agreement with Florida will ensure that all citizens with Concealed Carry Permits in Pennsylvania have met the standards set forth by our great state. I congratulate Attorney General Kane for taking swift action on this important issue."

Under the new gun reciprocity agreement with Florida entered into by Attorney General Kane, Pennsylvanians - who may have a Florida gun permit without being a Florida resident - will have 120 days under the agreement to obtain a Pennsylvania concealed carry permit [see addendum (http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploadedFiles/Crime/firearms_agreement_florida_pa.pdf)]. Today, there are approximately 4,000 Pennsylvanians, who have obtained a Florida permit.

In 1995, the Pennsylvania General Assembly gave the Attorney General the authority to enter into reciprocity agreements with other states.

The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania currently has formal written reciprocity agreements with eighteen states that recognize a valid license to carry firearms issued by Pennsylvania. Conversely, Pennsylvania recognizes valid firearm carry licenses/permits from those states. In addition to the 18 formal agreements, other forms of reciprocity are applicable -- in total Pennsylvania has agreements with 28 states.

For additional details on Firearm Reciprocity Agreements in Pennsylvania, please visit the Attorney General's Reciprocity Agreement page (http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/WorkArea/linkit.aspx?LinkIdentifier=id&ItemID=184). For additional details on carrying firearms in Pennsylvania, please visit the Pennsylvania State Police's website (http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt?open=512&objID=4451&&PageID=462424&level=2&css=L2&mode=2).

NOTICE FROM ATTORNEY GENERAL KATHLEEN G. KANE
The Attorney General of Pennsylvania has entered into a modification of the current firearm reciprocity agreement with the state of Florida. This reciprocity agreement previously permitted citizens of Pennsylvania who were not also Florida residents to obtain a Concealed Carry Permit (hereinafter "CCP") from the state of Florida. The CCP would then be honored in Pennsylvania without the need for a CCP granted by a Pennsylvania issuing authority. This agreement has been modified as follows pursuant to the authority of the Attorney General of Pennsylvania as found in 18 Pa.C.S. § 6109(k)(1):

1. If you are currently a resident of Pennsylvania only and have a CCP from the state of Florida, your Florida permit will no longer be recognized in Pennsylvania 120 days from the date of this Notice, or on June 8, 2013. In the proscribed time period you may apply for a CCP in the county of your residence. Please be aware that your local Sheriff or Police Department (in cities of the First Class) will have forty-five (45) days from the date of your application on which to grant or deny your application for a CCP.

2. If you are a dual resident of Pennsylvania and Florida you need not apply for a CCP in Pennsylvania if you currently hold a CCP from Florida. You must, however, carry with you proof of your Florida citizenry/residence along with your CCP identification when you are carrying a concealed firearm either on your person or in a vehicle.

3. If you are a resident of Florida only and have a CCP from Florida it will continue to be honored in Pennsylvania with all the same rights and recognition as contained in the Reciprocity Agreement between said States.

IMPORTANT
This Notice does not impact the validity of Pennsylvania CCP's issued to residents of Pennsylvania. All valid and unexpired Pennsylvania CCP's remain in full force and effect. Further, if you are a resident of Pennsylvania only and have a CCP from Pennsylvania it will continue to be honored in Florida with all the same rights and recognition as contained in the Reciprocity Agreement between said States.

Constitution of the United States of America Amendment II
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

CONSTITUTION OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA
Article 1 DECLARATION OF RIGHTS Right to Bear Arms Section 21.
The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

sethman15210
02-08-2013, 05:26 PM
I just saw this, that's a bunch of bs. Fortunately it doesn't involve me, I'm in Florida a few times a year. I'm assuming I can still carry there with my pa ccw.

We just left the capital around 3:30, there really wasn't many people there. The snow storm thays coming mighty scared some off.

Azzy
02-09-2013, 12:48 AM
It wont effect you or I, it effects the people that live in areas of Philly who are anti-private carry, or in some cases, anti poor black people carrying firearms.

Way I see it.. you pass the background check that says you aren't a felon... then issue it. Thats if we cant get 2 tier constitutional carry, because criminals will carry a freaking gun if they want to, check or license need not matter.