PDA

View Full Version : It only took 4 people to put her back on all four wheels

RalphDogg
01-16-2005, 08:55 PM
Now we can finally look at a picture of a rig on it's side that isn't Matt's. No one was hurt in the process....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/ralphdogg/P1090037.jpg

Bill
01-16-2005, 10:57 PM
Glad to hear everyone is okay. Sorry to hear baout you little accident.

I told you... Look at Matt, use him as a role model for what NOT to do! :roll: :lol:

How bad are the damages?

2002wranglerX
01-16-2005, 11:00 PM
how the heck did you do that?

OverkillZJ
01-16-2005, 11:45 PM
Bill - I hate you.

Ralph - AWESOME!

And I'm glad you're ok :)
How bad is the damage?

r6cyclegal
01-17-2005, 02:57 PM
Been there. Done that. Too bad it wasn't while offroading. :lol:

bbaker80
01-17-2005, 11:14 PM
Yeah, 10 minutes to roll it back onto its wheels and another 25 hours to get it out of the woods. How can you leave out the best part......the walking up and down the hill, the sleeping in a leaf pile waiting for gas, the winching a couple hundred feet the next day......what fun. And I wasn't even there for the wheeling.

LordAthens
01-18-2005, 02:53 PM
Umm, yeah, how exactly DID you do that?

25 hours to get it out? Uh oh.. What broke?

RalphDogg
01-19-2005, 07:50 PM
I will describe to you what was my best, and then the worst day of wheeling. there were 3 rigs, and 5 people....after all said and done, 4 rigs and 7 people.......After the rollover, we decided to head back to the trail entrance to go home, it was about 3:00 on sunday. While heading back to the road, we ran into a group of 6 guys with 2 rigs(huge rednecks!!), One drove a YJ with 44's and hydro-steer, the other drove a XJ with 38's. they told us that at the bottom of this muddy pipeline was a rock crawl. we decided to fallow them to the bottom, which was a huge!!! mistake. the rock crawl wasn't that great so we B.S'd with them for a while and then attempted to leave(they were half drunk by then) The only way out was the hill we just came down, and we could not make up. After realizing that we could not make it out, i had to go talk to the allready drunk, driver of the YJ. as soon as jesse was winched to the top of the hill, the winch broke. The rednecks left to go drink more American Light and Dave and myself were still at the bottom of this 400 foot pipeline. while at the bottom dave managed to brake his tie rod end and take his bushwacker flare off. we grouped at the top of the hill and decided to call my friend chuck, he has a 9,000lb winch attached to his samurai. and bbaker. we jimmy riged daves tie rod end and he got winched up the holl to freedom.. but the orange samurai had some more problems, while attempting to get up the hill, the front end exploded, and the rad hose blew off. At 4:00 AM monday morning we desided to leave the samurai in the woods and go home to sleep. Monday around noon we came back to the beast still strapped to the hillside. We strapped it to the hillside because i only made it half way up, and this hill was too steep to leave a vehicle on,it would just slide down. Afer 5 more hours of winching and about '80 of tow strap and another '80 f winch cable, AND a snatch block, the sami was free again. to sum up the story, fresly dug pipleines are dangerous, and rednecks with huge rigs are even more dangerous! BROKEN PARTS LIST......daves TJ..rusty's tie rod,and tie rod end....rear bushwacker fender flare,,,exhaust separated...towed home by ralphs chevy........Ralphs sami...front axle gears....rear leafs...front brakes...maybe the clutch...even my tow rig got funked up... the alternator and the battery::::::pictures of the rednecks and the "HILL" comming soon.

Bill
01-19-2005, 08:09 PM
Where exactly did you do all this?

JeepGeneral
01-19-2005, 09:23 PM

Creek Falls

Bill
01-19-2005, 09:25 PM

Creek Falls

Bastids... went again without me. Though I am glad I didn't go considering the damage done. I am not ready to go destroy the Jeep just yet. Let me know when you guys head that way again.

2002wranglerX
01-20-2005, 02:31 AM
ya i haven't been there in forever

JeepGeneral
01-20-2005, 11:56 AM
I'd love to go soon, however I don't think Ralph, Dave and Jesse feel the same way!

TimMichaels
01-20-2005, 03:51 PM
I don't recommend leaving any vehicles in the Creek Falls area. Locals break into them on a daily basis. My friend left his Ranger parked back there and went to enjoy the waterfall, only to find that his window was broken and a lot of items were stolen from the cab. Just one of the many many accounts of robberies around there. If you must leave a vehicle, remove EVERYTHING from inside it. If you have windows, you may actually be better off leaving it unlocked so that no one will break them to try to get in.

RalphDogg
01-20-2005, 07:04 PM
When we left the sami at 4:00 am, i prayed that the locals would roll my crap and burn it.

bbaker80
01-21-2005, 12:53 PM
If it were a nice friendly area we wouldn't have been there until 4am working to get it out. Even the most drunk and motivated theiving rednecks have to sleep and work sometime.