PDA

View Full Version : Stuck dodge ram

Shwebb
03-16-2013, 01:49 PM
I am looking for someone to pull out my dodge ram from a bad spot. I live in beaver county pa and have no way to get it out

Black Jack
03-16-2013, 02:17 PM
How soon and where is it? You need a winch or will a tow strap work?

Super Scout
03-16-2013, 02:54 PM
Is it in a legal spot ? And who are you ?

joe_and_jeep
03-16-2013, 05:33 PM
I'm in Beaver County, details?

btfreund
03-16-2013, 06:51 PM
I live in Beaver County and I'd be willing to help, but I only have a TJ Wangler Rubicon and a tow strap so if you are badly stuck I might not have enough mass to get you out, but I'll give it a darn good try. I work until 10pm and I'd be willing to go tonight or tomorrow morning.

joe_and_jeep
03-16-2013, 06:59 PM
I live in Beaver County and I'd be willing to help, but I only have a TJ Wangler Rubicon and a tow strap so if you are badly stuck I might not have enough mass to get you out, but I'll give it a darn good try. I work until 10pm and I'd be willing to go tonight or tomorrow morning.

Your in Hookstown? I'm in Hookstown.

Super Scout
03-16-2013, 07:39 PM
I am confused, whats with all these new guys or guys with zero post coming around lol. I am confused.

fast250r
03-16-2013, 08:31 PM
Where at in Beaver County. I might be able to help.

muddeprived
03-16-2013, 08:53 PM
I got a lifted cherokee with a winch and willing.......

btfreund
03-16-2013, 09:23 PM
Your in Hookstown? I'm in Hookstown.

We've talked before, but I dissappeared for a while. Just didn't have the time to follow everything going on here. Then random posts started showing up on Facebook, and when I saw this one I figured I'd log back in and see if this guy needed help. Send me a PM if you want, or I'll send you one when I get a chance. Never hurts to get to know the "neighbors" a little better. But for now I gotta go. Almost time to leave work and go watch Supercross since it doesn't look like Shwebb needs help anymore.

Shwebb
03-16-2013, 10:30 PM
Sorry for the delay to everyone but I live in aliquippa pa and the trail back is a little muddy but my trucks stuck in water so it won't take to much to get it out just good traction or a winch

Shwebb
03-16-2013, 10:32 PM
It's near aliquippa pa it's stuck in some water and it stalled out on me because of it the trail in is a bit muddy but it's not to rough

muddeprived
03-17-2013, 08:05 AM
Is this trail legal or illegal? I will only assists if it's a legal trail or permission granted to use.

btfreund
03-17-2013, 02:39 PM
I'm gonna go try to pull him out later tonight. I have a Rubi with the F/R lockers and a 30' tow strap so I think I got a good chance of getting him out. But if anybody wants to do some late night wheelin, we are supposed to meet at the Green Garden Road (Giant Eagle) shopping center at 10:30pm and head out from there. Obviously its always better to have a couple of trail going vehicles in case things don't go perfectly.

I'm not sure exactly where we are headed but he said it was easier just to meet there then to try to explain where the trail was at. Also not sure about whether we are technically allowed to be wheeling there or not, but one way or another he has to get his truck out, so I'm gonna go regardless.

muddeprived
03-17-2013, 02:49 PM
good luck and post pictures. :)

2002wranglerX
03-17-2013, 02:58 PM
So he's dead in the water?

You're going to need a pretty big jeep to pull a stuck pickup without a running engine out.

Shwebb
03-17-2013, 03:35 PM
Yep he's gonna try to get it out tonight. Honestly I'm not sure how legal the trail is all I know is there are no signs and the trucks bin sitting since Thursday and noones messed with it. But thanks to those who help. And don't worry I'll post before and after pics

btfreund
03-17-2013, 03:41 PM
So he's dead in the water?

You're going to need a pretty big jeep to pull a stuck pickup without a running engine out.

Yea, I don't have all the details right now. Obiously if the struck (typo, but I like it, from now on stuck truck = struck) can't be made to run then it could be much more difficult to get him out.

Shwebb's at work, but maybe when he gets off he can provide a bit more info. It doesn't really matter to me though. I'm taking what gear and tools I have and I'm going try my darndest. I don't need much of an excuse to go play in the dirt.

Shwebb
03-17-2013, 04:09 PM
Alright I'll give more to the story here. I got into the water slowed down and started to spin. So I dumbly let off of the gas and my engine stalled. I tried to restart it but failed. The waters clear to my doors so I'm hoping once it's on dry land it'll start for me. And I'm gonna bring what little I have to help some. It's not much though just some chains. Oh and it's not really dug in so I'm hoping it won't be to bad to get out.

btfreund
03-17-2013, 04:45 PM
Is the bottom fairly solid or is it the suck your shoes off kind of mud?

Also which way are we headed? Center, Aliquippa, Hopewell, Independence, Raccoon? I might already know or have seen the trails. Also I'd like to try to find someone with a heavier truck, but who I ask depends a bit on we're were headed and what we're getting into. PM me if it's not a good place to make widely known.

Anyway, I'll do my best, but if it is too deep in heavy, sticky mud I may not be able to move it. And I cannot pull you on the road from there it has to move itself or be towed.

For the guys on here with mechanical knowledge, let's talk about what to do about getting the truck started. Can we just try cranking and cranking and use jumper cables if/when the battery starts to die? Or should we be concerned about the water that might have been drawn in?

wozz
03-17-2013, 04:51 PM
Sounds like you probably got water in your ignition system. Not sure what year they went to coil packs but take some wd40 with you.

Also I think this recovery is going to be worse than you imagine. Unless there is hard packed dirt/rocks under the water (not likely if you started to spin) then there is going to be a lot of resistance from a 6000 lb truck. Enough that a stock rubi will have trouble.

wozz
03-17-2013, 04:54 PM
also check air filter if its wet or water in the intake you better start pulling plugs

btfreund
03-17-2013, 05:07 PM
One more question, if I can find guys with regular, road going, 4 wheel drives can they get to your truck without scratching against branches and beating up their nice tucks? It isn't that hard to find folks with 4x4s, (bigger, heavier 4x4s) but it is hard to find folks that don't care about scratches and dings.

Shwebb
03-17-2013, 05:15 PM
On the way in there really weren't any branches or anything to get scratches on. The only problem was the trail in is rutted out and a bit muddy so it's gonna take someone who can get good traction.

Shwebb
03-17-2013, 05:21 PM
I don't think it drew water in the ignition because it was running fine until it stalled. And as for why it stalled its been doing it to me off and on even in dry weather I just forgot to compensate for it at the time. I tried cranking it and it started to fire but I think or I hope it's just the water in the exhaust that caused it to not start

btfreund
03-17-2013, 05:33 PM
Which way are we headed? There are guys with trucks that will be leaving work at 10 and they might be able to help, if it's sort of on the way home. I also am trying to get ahold of a couple people with much bigger trucks that like to get dirty, but no one wants to get too far from home too late at night. If you let me know where we are headed I might be able to bring folks with bigger trucks and folks that know how to fix vehicles.

Shwebb
03-17-2013, 05:40 PM
Oh and as to the direction were heading we'll be turning on a road right before the shopping center were gonna follow that for about 4 miles then turn up another road and follow that for another three miles. And these trails seem to have been used by people before and there's actually a fire pit in one part so I don't know how well known it is or how it should be. And like I said whoever goes back there won't have to worry about scratches or ding as long as they stay on the trail I am on they'll have no problem and I don't know what's under the water.

2002wranglerX
03-17-2013, 05:44 PM
Judging by these posts I foresee a lot of upcoming fail.

If you need reinforcements pm me and we'll try and get a winched rig out to you.

Shwebb
03-17-2013, 05:45 PM
If you want the name of the road that the trail is off of its McCune street

2002wranglerX
03-17-2013, 05:46 PM
I don't think it drew water in the ignition because it was running fine until it stalled. And as for why it stalled its been doing it to me off and on even in dry weather I just forgot to compensate for it at the time. I tried cranking it and it started to fire but I think or I hope it's just the water in the exhaust that caused it to not start

If it has a distributor that's what he's talking about.

Shwebb
03-17-2013, 05:48 PM
I really would appreciate any help so if you can find some with a bigger 4x4 and willing let me know. Call me if you have to my number is 7244809391.

joe_and_jeep
03-17-2013, 05:49 PM
I know a good towing company near by.

Shwebb
03-17-2013, 05:51 PM
If it has a distributor that's what he's talking about.
Yeah it does have one but like I said while it was in the water I tried to fire it up again it turned over fine and it did turn over and I could hear it fire but it wouldn't actually start up and run.

joe_and_jeep
03-17-2013, 05:53 PM
Your stuck out by Tank Farm?

Shwebb
03-17-2013, 05:53 PM
I know a good towing company near by.
I tried. Towing company but they saw the ruts in the trail and the mud and decided they couldn't do it. But they did bring big flatbed truck so I knew that wasn't gonna happen anyways.

Shwebb
03-17-2013, 05:54 PM
Your stuck out by Tank Farm?
I'm not sure of the name of anything nearby. It might be though.

Chvlesuprsprt396
03-17-2013, 06:05 PM
He's either stuck at tank farm or at the old oil refinery by Freddy's haunts both of which are rather accessible by truck mccune road is where Freddy's is located

Shwebb
03-17-2013, 06:10 PM
I think it's the old oil refinery

Chvlesuprsprt396
03-17-2013, 06:12 PM
Is there a bunch of deserted buildings and old pipe laying around?

Shwebb
03-17-2013, 06:15 PM
If you go a certain direction you'll see a building off in the distance but as for pipe none that I really saw. But I was only back there twice so there's probably a lot that I didn't see.

Chvlesuprsprt396
03-17-2013, 06:17 PM
If that's where it's at and you need more help I live in hopewell and can come give a hand I know the trails there well

Shwebb
03-17-2013, 06:21 PM
Yeah I probably will I'm not sure though. I don't know if you saw the other post but it's a jeep that's gonna try to get me out so we'll see. If you don't mind me asking what kind of vehicle do you have.

Chvlesuprsprt396
03-17-2013, 06:24 PM
Jeep with a winch and I have a few friends with lifted trucks I can call

Shwebb
03-17-2013, 06:28 PM
Hey any help I can get I'd really apreciate it my only major worry is it might have to be pulled back to the road if it won't start. I could get a tow truck from that point but I guess I'll just have to see

btfreund
03-17-2013, 07:10 PM
Jeep with a winch and I have a few friends with lifted trucks I can call

If you got a winch and guys with bigger trucks that would certainly be a good thing. We're supposed to try tonight. I can't be there until 10:30 though.

btfreund
03-17-2013, 07:18 PM
Also I'd like to see the trails out there so it'd be nice to be there for the rescue. But if you got a winch and bigger trucks and need to go sooner then by all means go get him out. I can go exploring out on McCune some other day. Just let me know what's up.

Shwebb
03-17-2013, 07:22 PM
Yeah if there's anyone that can help me out sooner let me know I'm free from now till tomorrow morning so pm me if you have any ideas.

Chvlesuprsprt396
03-17-2013, 07:57 PM
I work until 11 tonight but tomorrow I don't go to work until 3 so keep me informed

Chvlesuprsprt396
03-17-2013, 07:58 PM
@ btfreund pm me if you can

btfreund
03-17-2013, 08:53 PM
I work until 11 tonight but tomorrow I don't go to work until 3 so keep me informed

I though Shwebb was working during the day. If you get off at 11 it may make sense for you to try to come out tonight since we aren't even going to try until like 10:30pm. How long would it take for you to get ready to help tonight?

Shwebb
03-17-2013, 09:17 PM
I worked until 5 and I have school tomorrow and he said he could be there at midnight

joshs1ofakindxj
03-17-2013, 09:40 PM
Waiting for pictures...

http://9thcivic.com/gallery/albums/post/Popcorn_02_Stephen_Colbert.gif

Don't forget to compensate your rescuers with fuel, beer, pizza, etc.

Super Scout
03-17-2013, 10:31 PM
That truck has been sitting in water since thursday ? I can bring my Scout out to drag you out, but its gonna cost ya. Not being a dick but gas is like gold and you are far away. Have you tried calling a tow truck company, you might be surprised.

btfreund
03-17-2013, 11:17 PM
Got it out. Still trying to get it started, but I can tow it back to the road if need be. No time to elaborate from the middle of the woods though.

Shwebb
03-18-2013, 12:02 AM
It's out it's free and it's running. Oh and ill work on the pictures. And bfreund I can't thank you and your jeep enough

Shwebb
03-18-2013, 12:28 AM
Okay anyone know how to post pictures from a smartphone on here

Chvlesuprsprt396
03-18-2013, 02:39 PM
Did you check forum support it should have your answer there

Super Scout
03-18-2013, 02:52 PM
link them from a photobucket account. Did u check/change all your fluids ? Esp, the diffs.

btfreund
03-18-2013, 03:55 PM
I have one so-so picture, but I really don't feel like getting a photo storing account somewhere with another login name and password to keep track of and another collection of digital data to manage. I posted it on Facebook if you really have to see it (Brian Freund). I don't even care if someone else wants to grab it and post it. Like I said, I just don't feel like having another online account to keep track of and manage.

Super Scout
03-18-2013, 04:09 PM
I sent you an pm, email it or text it to me and Ill post it later lol.

Shwebb
03-18-2013, 05:19 PM
I'm not gonna deal with all of the hassle of posting in here so if you wanna see them they're on my Facebook(Shawn Webb)

Wrecker
03-18-2013, 06:38 PM
Shawn, your profile is to private to see them. Brian nice job helping some one out.

Super Scout
03-18-2013, 10:00 PM
http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt359/Weetz454/photo_zps18d18538.jpg