PDA

View Full Version : Alignment shop for my Nova

oros35
07-24-2013, 11:15 PM
I just rebuilt the suspension on my 71 Nova with a some custom parts. Need to get it aligned. Took it to Freds auto in Aliquippa but he wouldn't do it. That was my go to place. I'm setting it up for autocross with my own specs. Has adjustable upper control arms so it's a bit involved to set. Any recommendations on a shop that would do it, preferably in the Moon-Aliquippa-Beaver or even out toward East Liverpool? A place that I could work with them would be nice too since I built the arms and know the ins and outs of them. Or just a shop that doesn't mind a challenge.

gonecheenin
07-25-2013, 06:13 AM
Iknow it's further than your wanting, But all the Classic/custom car guys out our way swear by Newbie wheel alignment in New Bethlehem, PA (Never actually used them yet myself, but I plan to when I need the Monza done)

http://www.yellowpages.com/new-bethlehem-pa/mip/newbie-wheel-alignment-13048521

highlandercj-7
07-25-2013, 06:30 AM
Take it to Bull in Aliquipa Tire, he owns the equiptment and is partnered up with Brian. He's damn good. He did my Ram after I put all new stuff on it.

justin'sbig7
07-26-2013, 08:45 AM
Iknow it's further than your wanting, But all the Classic/custom car guys out our way swear by Newbie wheel alignment in New Bethlehem, PA (Never actually used them yet myself, but I plan to when I need the Monza done)

http://www.yellowpages.com/new-bethlehem-pa/mip/newbie-wheel-alignment-13048521

are we all getting into street cars now? PGHOR non offroad meet??? I am down once the 4 speed swap is done!

Brad, check with 383240z, he knows quite a few people in the beaver area and has dealt with a lot of rod shops.

DMG
07-26-2013, 08:55 AM
We need a Flashlight Drags M&G!

Back on topic, Look at the Summit Racing tools to align it your self.

Seismik
07-26-2013, 10:08 AM
Maybe I need to start posting the car cruise dates on here....lol

Newbie in New Bethelehem is great, although a haul for some, it's still worth it. They're old school. They take care of custom vehicles all the time for the car club, and do a good job. If you give them specs that you want them to follow, they'll do it (they may warn you that it's not the recommended spec, but they'll still deliver what you want).

PatF10
07-26-2013, 11:58 AM
five star in bethel, ive seen them working on some stuff for autocross people. Making some tweaks and whatnot.

oros35
07-27-2013, 01:21 AM
I've had the car longer than Jeeps! Just it's turn to get a little lovin! Thanks for the leads.

Dragonslayer
07-27-2013, 05:47 AM
If ya feel like drivin it into the city here, you can hit up Daniels.

oros35
08-02-2013, 06:21 PM
Back on topic, Look at the Summit Racing tools to align it your self.

So I ended up buying the Longacre alignment tools off of Summit Racing. Got the adapter for Chevy spindles. Worked real nice. Took me several hours but I expected that. Got the specs I wanted, cost about what I would have paid someone to do it.