PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded the software.... Broke shit

OverkillZJ
09-06-2013, 04:44 PM
I see some buttons missing, but overall, we're back!:041:

hyperbuzzin
09-06-2013, 04:58 PM
WOW!! didn't realize anything changed when I first got on until I could find the "What's New" button. It moved.
Well.... guess we gotta get used to the new format.

The_War_Wagon
09-06-2013, 05:45 PM
And I missed the whole shebang! I was gone from 9am 'til 10 minutes ago!

OverkillZJ
09-06-2013, 11:14 PM
Looks like I accidentally reset the articles database - which we never really used - but that means there is now a bunch of "demo" stuff posting as me.

I did not post about flaming flamingos... yet it looks like I did. Oh well, i'll clean it up later.

muddeprived
09-12-2013, 11:05 AM
I'm noticing when pressing "what's new", a page called "activity stream" shows up and it's quite awkward to use compared to the old format. Is this a new format that's gonna stick cuz if so, I'm ditching this forum and going back to jeepforum.

(not)

OverkillZJ
09-12-2013, 11:14 AM
yeah... I hate that too, and to be honest just haven't found the time to fix it, but I will fix it. For now.. when you click on WHAT'S NEW - you can click on "New Posts" under it - or click on FORUM and then NEW POSTS.

It's not the default, but "new posts" is still there. Just doesn't happen when you hit the what's-new button.

muddeprived
09-12-2013, 11:26 AM
yeah... I hate that too, and to be honest just haven't found the time to fix it, but I will fix it. For now.. when you click on WHAT'S NEW - you can click on "New Posts" under it - or click on FORUM and then NEW POSTS.

It's not the default, but "new posts" is still there. Just doesn't happen when you hit the what's-new button.

Ok cool, that works!

OverkillZJ
09-12-2013, 11:31 AM
I should just rename this thread... "Upgraded the software, broke shit."

Not happy with Vbulletin at all lately.

muddeprived
09-12-2013, 12:20 PM
I should just rename this thread... "Upgraded the software, broke shit."

Not happy with Vbulletin at all lately.

I like that thread title.........i vote for a change.

OverkillZJ
09-12-2013, 12:49 PM
Done! At least that still works...

Sloth_Fratelli
09-12-2013, 09:38 PM
...i still miss the black background...