PDA

View Full Version : Due to government shutdown

Azzy
10-01-2013, 02:36 AM
My 8.25 will no longer support 31" tires. What to do?

All my Dexron III has turned to Dexron II.

Will my Obamaphone ring tomorrow?

highlandercj-7
10-01-2013, 06:43 AM
Due to non working jack wagons in the senate and a villiage idiot in the white house, there's a lot of hard working Military Folks that will have a mountain off bills pile up real quick and in a hurry.

Super Scout
10-01-2013, 06:54 AM
Due to non working jack wagons in the senate and a villiage idiot in the white house, there's a lot of hard working Military Folks that will have a mountain off bills pile up real quick and in a hurry.

If you think anyone in Washington DC gives a f*&K about the military you are high. I love how there is a law in place insuring useless politicians get paid but not our military. Pathetic, actually its outrageous.

justin'sbig7
10-01-2013, 07:12 AM
Don't buy into democrat hype

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/What-You-Can-and-Cant-Do-During-a-Government-Shutdown-225824691.html

http://www.policymic.com/mobile/articles/65803/the-real-reason-the-government-will-pay-military-personnel-during-a-shutdown

Military will be paid, social security checks will go out, Medicare/Medicaid will be functioning, postal service, etc.

Super Scout
10-01-2013, 07:38 AM
I was just coming back to post that, saw that military will be paid. Question why don't they fire all non essential government employees ?

justin'sbig7
10-01-2013, 07:50 AM
I was just coming back to post that, saw that military will be paid. Question why don't they fire all non essential government employees ?

Because that would cause the world to catch on fire and make bunnies die instantly and we would go back to all black and white with no color! Yeah, it makes a lot of sense. The other side argues that they would end up on unemployment and we would be paying for that... But realistically if they do nothing anyway (they do not produce anything just soak up tax dollars) and were paying the full salary, then when they go on unemployment were still paying them to do nothing but paying them less to do it and the unemployment benefits run out after a year.

always broke
10-01-2013, 08:05 AM
When I worked for the government I was classified as "non essential". That didnt mean that those people don't work. Just not essential in the event of an apocalypse. Lots of engineers, geologists, biologists etc are classified as that. People who review and issue permits. Without them working lots of industry will slow, no drilling permits, no air quality permits approved etc. Not to mention all the supporting clerical and administrative staff. And of course park service employees, park rangers, etc. Sure, there's definitely a fair amount of dead weight in government, both politicians and civil service employees but being classified as non essential doesnt mean you wont see a huge impact if those jobs are cut.

justin'sbig7
10-01-2013, 08:11 AM
When I worked for the government I was classified as "non essential". That didnt mean that those people don't work. Just not essential in the event of an apocalypse. Lots of engineers, geologists, biologists etc are classified as that. People who review and issue permits. Without them working lots of industry will slow, no drilling permits, no air quality permits approved etc. Not to mention all the supporting clerical and administrative staff. And of course park service employees, park rangers, etc. Sure, there's definitely a fair amount of dead weight in government, both politicians and civil service employees but being classified as non essential doesnt mean you wont see a huge impact if those jobs are cut.

I understand that, but in all honesty (and with all due respect as I know there is a lot of hard workers doing what you described above), I don't agree with the federal govt being that involved with it all, and especially the agencies that make regulation without elected representation such as the EPA. They make regulation and there is not a damn thing out elected officials can do. The juggernaut has been launched and depending on who is appointed to run it determines how it goes. If anything it should be handled at a state or local level through the respective governments.

always broke
10-01-2013, 08:33 AM
Correct, the redundancy of approvals and reviews is ridiculous at times. And extra fluff positions, supervisors that have no staff etc. The government could definitely be slimmed down. Even local governments, hospitals, school districts etc have extra fluff.

Azzy
10-01-2013, 11:15 AM
In all my dealings with fed projects, I have seen tons of non-essential staff. Hell in the USDA alone (where they come up with the food pyramid) there have to be 10 people tasked with servicing the rascals used by all the fat people. I am not kidding either.

Easily 1/2 the Small Buisness Admin does nothing but read craigslist and play tetris all day. I suspect the other half works hard having meetings to decide where to have conferences on better meeting strategy.

pittim
10-01-2013, 11:51 AM
If anything it should be handled at a state or local level through the respective governments.

Civil war made sure that wouldn't happen.

joshs1ofakindxj
10-01-2013, 05:24 PM
Now how long are my NFA tax stamps going to take !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

At least NICS is considered essential.

justin'sbig7
10-01-2013, 10:01 PM
Civil war made sure that wouldn't happen.

Yep, old Lincoln paved the way for federal dominance. I don't care for him

Azzy
10-02-2013, 01:27 AM
Now how long are my NFA tax stamps going to take !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

At least NICS is considered essential.

Years, serf. Like it.

:021:

The_War_Wagon
10-03-2013, 08:04 PM
Great thing about a shutdown; everything that DIDN'T work about gummint before, STILL doesn't work... but it isn't COSTING us any more! :081:

Azzy
10-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Great thing about a shutdown; everything that DIDN'T work about gummint before, STILL doesn't work... but it isn't COSTING us any more! :081:

Rxcept they are planning on doing back pay for the 85% of them still working. Granted, i have no problem paying for people who work. I just think we have way too many people working on taxpayer dollars. If our economy would be that jacked up by eliminating those jobs, then we deserve it.

The_War_Wagon
10-06-2013, 07:02 PM
Rxcept they are planning on doing back pay for the 85% of them still working. Granted, i have no problem paying for people who work. I just think we have way too many people working on taxpayer dollars. If our economy would be that jacked up by eliminating those jobs, then we deserve it.

Yeah, my statement WAS accurate... until THAT passed. Don'tcha hafta be a Union official, to get paid something for nothing? :120: