PDA

View Full Version : Back in the day.

Mstef3
11-22-2013, 10:13 AM
Back in my quadding days (late 90) we use to go riding at a place in Van Meter, PA. I know a friend said he was there one time and a PSP Helicopter landed, wrote down everyone plate numbers down and said it was closed. I've driven back there a few time to see if you can get back in but the entrance is still blocked off. Looks like from Google Maps people still ride in there. I know it's not that big back there but it wouldn't be bad to play around or test things out. Just wondering knows anything.

The_War_Wagon
11-22-2013, 10:28 AM
Back in my quadding days (late 90) we use to go riding at a place in Van Meter, PA. I know a friend said he was there one time and a PSP Helicopter landed, wrote down everyone plate numbers down and said it was closed.

Geez... did they put on sunglasses & hit 'em with the flashy-thingy-memory-messer-upper while they were at it?!?! :104: Oy... Seems kinda heavy-handed, for simple trespass on semi-public land. :075:

gonecheenin
11-22-2013, 06:43 PM
1 post count - interesting.

DMFH
11-22-2013, 07:57 PM
Im orig from van meter and know the dumps really well, crazy as it sounds bout the copter its true, for some reason they are really about keeping peeps out of there now days which sucks cause as a kid it was always packed, me n my pap use to go down just to watch the buggies then all of a sudden yrs ago they blocked it off real good, still 2 ways in I know of if your feeling brave lol

Mstef3
11-23-2013, 11:23 PM
It was a great place to ride. If we didn't go there, we went to Webster behind the Red Caboose and would ride all day. Looks like locals still go back there also.

hyperbuzzin
11-24-2013, 11:02 AM
If the 'copter thing is anything like what happened at Hillsville a few years ago (people getting shot at and/or held up at gun point while on the trails) I could see it happening. Believe they had a couple 'copters out there looking for the suspects, which they did find.

DMFH
11-24-2013, 01:01 PM
nah its a big hush hush with the local magistrate and a xmas tree farmer whos land borders it kind of thing, lol sounds funny I know, I didnt even wana say, sounds like a bad movie

john00TJ
11-24-2013, 04:12 PM
my buddies still ride van meter with no issues .. gotta know the way in .. Webster is pretty much closed up unles ur a local an know ur way in also .. good luck on those places : ) .. I like it this was .way too many people use to ride these places an caused a cluster ****