PDA

View Full Version : remote starter shop

redbank
12-11-2013, 01:18 PM
Looking for a shop to install a remote starter for my daughter's car. Anyone have a place they can recommend or any place to stay away from?

It's a 2010 Subaru Legacy

Thanks

XJchris98
12-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Not sure where your located or how far your willing to drive to have it done, but I had BOLT's Auto Works put a remote starter in my wife's 09 Legacy. They're located in Lower Burrell (about 25 minutes northeast of downtown PGH).

http://boltsautoworks.com

Keith (the owner) is a great guy and will go out of his way to make sure your satisfied with everything. I'm not sure how his price compares to other shops, but for the headaches an improperly installed remote starter can cause, cost wasn't much of a concern.

The_War_Wagon
12-11-2013, 04:56 PM
If you're in the South Hills, there USED to be a place right across the street from the Pleasant Hills Post Office that specialized in that - just down from Woltz & Wind Ford. And there's always the Yellow Pages. :biggrin:

redbank
12-11-2013, 05:26 PM
Thanks Chris just what I am looking for some positive feedback by a satisfied customer.

I am from the South Hills (Carnegie), but willing to drive for good service. I don't need a wiring abortion by someone who doesn't understand what it takes to install a system and have years of trouble free problems.

War wagon - Woltz & Wind is in Heidelberg do you mean Ramsey Sturman? I realize there are a few in our area just wanted some input from the board before I go plunk down a few hundred dollars.

Powerguy37
12-11-2013, 06:22 PM
A little far for you but the Steroshope in Greensburg installed one on my wife's Dodge Journey. Was done in one day and works great.

Azzy
12-11-2013, 06:41 PM
I think the place he is talking about in the South hills is Team Nutz, they do car audio and big ugly car stickers.

:)

(I do small tacky car stickers... )

Dragonslayer
12-12-2013, 04:22 AM
[QUOTE=Azzy;295006]I think the place he is talking about in the South hills is Team Nutz, they do car audio and big ugly car stickers.QUOTE]

That's it but they are down on 51 now by Elliots BBQ

The_War_Wagon
12-12-2013, 09:39 AM
War wagon - Woltz & Wind is in Heidelberg do you mean Ramsey Sturman? I realize there are a few in our area just wanted some input from the board before I go plunk down a few hundred dollars.

Yeah - Sturman & Larkin - duh. I used to live in Pleasant Hills, before moving closer to the city. I also used to own Fords & Mercurys... until I started owning Jeeps & Dodges. :-P So I don't pay as much attention to their dealerships any more.

That place specialized in car alarms and remote starters. I had an inkling at one point, to get a remote start setup on my Mercury, so I went over and talked to them one day - got some brochures, etc. They seemed to know their ass from a hole in the ground, so if I was gonna follow up somewhere with that, I'D go back and check 'em again as a starting point.

redbank
04-10-2014, 03:15 PM
Not sure where your located or how far your willing to drive to have it done, but I had BOLT's Auto Works put a remote starter in my wife's 09 Legacy. They're located in Lower Burrell (about 25 minutes northeast of downtown PGH).

http://boltsautoworks.com

Keith (the owner) is a great guy and will go out of his way to make sure your satisfied with everything. I'm not sure how his price compares to other shops, but for the headaches an improperly installed remote starter can cause, cost wasn't much of a concern.

went with this guy, longer drive for me but price was right and he warrantied parts and labor unlike some other places were just parts. Thanks for everyones input

88wd21
04-10-2014, 05:39 PM
I think the place he is talking about in the South hills is Team Nutz, they do car audio and big ugly car stickers.

:)

(I do small tacky car stickers... )
They have a shop in Fox Chapel, every car I've had personal experience with (family/friends) has had nothing but consistent issues and bad customer service from that particular location.

:edit: actually read the dates on stuff, probably not useful info anymore