PDA

View Full Version : moving front axle forward

wj lizard
03-05-2014, 01:13 PM
I'm in the middle of installing notch customs fender flares on my 02 grand Cherokee. this has been a pita since I've started I'm running 33x12.5 with 4.5" of b.s. I'm still not getting the clearance I was counting on .I've. Got 1/4 clearance between the pinch welds that tie the outer fender and sub frame together I'm gonna find that down as much as possible and put some weld on the seams to help hold this together.my question before I do this is there a way to move the front axle forward without getting into long arms and a longer driveshaft.this was suggested to me on another forum

ADuncan888
03-05-2014, 06:09 PM
Adjustable short arms would most likely be able to push your axle forward enough for you. As far as the drive shaft, you might need to go with a longer one depending on your lift and how far forward you push the axle. You might be able to find a longer OEM Jeep drive shaft depending on how much length you need, and what type of joints you have stock. My ZJ is using a longer WJ drive shaft up front.

tjblair
03-05-2014, 06:52 PM
If you push it far enough forward that you need a longer driveshaft. You will most likely have to move the spring buckets too. Also need to worry about clearance between the drag link and track bar if you push it forward far enough. Seems much easier to ditch the 33's and go with a set of 285's before you start modifying the suspension

J.M.
03-06-2014, 02:54 PM
A.F.A.I.K, if you have the double cardan ds, the shaft should be long enough for what you need to fit up to 35s.