PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Frontier ABS Issues.

dontlookdown
03-20-2014, 07:08 PM
I have a 2010 Nissan frontier that has been having the following issue. While driving the ABS, VDC (vehicle dynamic control) off, and slip indicator lamps will come on. sometimes they will stay on until i shut the vehicle off, sometimes they will stay on for only moments.

I have read on clubfrontier.org that this could be related to a bad battery voltage. As I also had the battery die 3 times this winter, I replaced the battery with a new one. I also replaced the back brakes this past weekend. After changing the brakes and battery, my truck did not have this issue for 3 days. today the lights came back on (in the rain this morning) could this be something shorting out, or a connector going bad somewhere?

Any sugestions on anything I can check before I head to the dealer? Warranty is expired. Also on clubfrontier, there are horror stories of dealers changing abs controlers, and "g" sensors (about $1000?! each), but not really saying if there is a concrete solution.

Sycotik Skier
03-20-2014, 07:17 PM
Go to advance auto. If they have the better scan tool, the one in butler does, they can read abs codes. I too have a frontier and my abs light has been on for over a year. I have a bad right rear sensor.

Azzy
03-20-2014, 07:43 PM
If ther4e are electrical issues, check your grounding points, and possibly test your cables for resistance from terminal to wherever it goes.

DMG
03-21-2014, 08:43 AM
Those lights indicate a trouble code. You need that code to begin diagnosis. If you are in the PGH area you can swing by the shop and I will scan them for you free of charge so you know what to look for.

dontlookdown
03-21-2014, 12:42 PM
Will the codes be held in the system whenever the lights are not on? sometimes when they come on I have been doing what I have read to be a 'VDC Calibration' procedure.To do this, you get the vehicle on a straight-a-way, put in park, then go back to drive, then drive straight w/o turning the wheels. The lights go off after about 400 feet or so.