PDA

View Full Version : Dorman Suspenstion Parts

Super Scout
04-19-2014, 08:11 AM
I need to throw Ball Joints and Control arm bushings on the GMC. Rock Auto has the complete setup Made by Dorman for 59 dollars or Raybestos for 90. Im cheap, 60 buck savings is worth getting. Are Dorman parts any good ? I have only ever used the help stuff, never new they made suspension parts ? Any opinions ?

muddeprived
04-19-2014, 08:14 AM
That's cheap. I paid $130 for four ball joints on my TJ. I don't feel comfy putting cheap ones on it cuz it's a hassle to replace them.

Super Scout
04-19-2014, 08:28 AM
Yeah thats where I am. But, are they cheap because Rock Auto got some crazy deal on them or just lousy quality. I don't want to do them again, but you never know. Ive bought moog stuff from rock auto for a quarter of the cost from a parts store....

dan58
04-19-2014, 01:58 PM
I used to work for Dorman. The suspension parts are fine. The KEY here is the warranty. Keep all of your receipts. Have a shop install them. If they go bad, Dorman has a full warranty that will include the labor to install new ones. Hardly anyone knows it, but it's a great part of the warranty.

They are cheap because Rock Auto's margins are insanely low.

Azzy
04-20-2014, 06:44 PM
That is good to know.

My only advice is to stay away from Omix Ada rubber, bushings should last more than 6 weeks.