PDA

View Full Version : tire offset and pa state inspection

gmc666
05-18-2014, 02:45 PM
I have only lived in Pa for about 2 years and was wondering if you can pass inspection having tires that stick out past your fenders or flares. I would imagine so since I see so many vehicles that do.
thanks.

Super Scout
05-18-2014, 07:48 PM
Technically no. But the reality is it depends on the guy doing the inspection. How far past the fenders do your tires stick out ? If its absurd like 3 or more inches I would say good luck. Less than 2 shouldnt be an issue.

Wrecker
05-18-2014, 07:48 PM
Legally no. But it happens. And tickets can happen also. Sort of like tinted windows and a host of other things.

gmc666
05-18-2014, 10:51 PM
mine hardly stick out past the fender. but I might possibly sas my gmc jimmy and still want it to be able to pass inspection so it can still be driven on the street. but I guess I can make flares.

muddeprived
05-20-2014, 10:12 AM
I never had any issues getting my old TJ passed and the tires were sticking out about 2". I've kept my current XJ and TJ legal using 4" backspacing or stock wheels just to prevent any harassment since I live in wexford.

oros35
05-20-2014, 01:05 PM
I have small wheels and big wheels. Small wheels are for inspection time. They fit under my fenders/flares, otherwise I stick out at least 4 inches. I usually ask the guy doing the inspection when I make the appointment if he want's me to put the small tires on. After the first time (when he took pictures for his records) I haven't had to put them back on since.