PDA

View Full Version : blinker light laws?

muddeprived
06-11-2014, 12:45 AM
I'm getting some MCE fender flares that do away with the stock blinkers. They offer small blinker lights to install onto the fender:

http://modernclassicenterprises.com/leds/

Is PA picky about which color blinker we use?

2002wranglerX
06-11-2014, 06:13 AM
Did you already order them? I had a set that came with my tj and I sold them. I didn't think they were worth it at all.

muddeprived
06-11-2014, 06:24 AM
No not yet. I've seen night-time pictures of them and it appears they are brighter than stock lights.

Recommend anything else?

2002wranglerX
06-11-2014, 08:57 AM
no i mean the MCE fenders.

muddeprived
06-11-2014, 09:11 AM
no i mean the MCE fenders.

Oh my bad. No, did not order them yet. They come in the exact width I need, are super light weight, lifetime warranty, and easy to install so they made my top 3. I still could change my mind like we all do in this crazy jeep aftermarket world.

2002wranglerX
06-11-2014, 09:57 AM
Oh my bad. No, did not order them yet. They come in the exact width I need, are super light weight, lifetime warranty, and easy to install so they made my top 3. I still could change my mind like we all do in this crazy jeep aftermarket world.

i was pretty unimpressed. i know people like them. But no way would i buy those over steel. there's just nothing to them. and you still have to cut your stock fenders to put them on.

muddeprived
06-11-2014, 10:27 AM
i was pretty unimpressed. i know people like them. But no way would i buy those over steel. there's just nothing to them. and you still have to cut your stock fenders to put them on.

These were another option besides the ones you got:

http://www.ccfabs.com/store-1.html

I emailed them about 4.5" flares (custom order) so we'll see. It all boils down to price. I don't mind plastic cuz my jeep doesn't see severe off roading much anymore so they will do fine for me, but if I can find steel fenders that are stock width and cheap ($600-ish) then I'll go that route. I just want something that replaces my fenders cuz mine are rusting up in the famous spots.

2002wranglerX
06-11-2014, 10:33 AM
i just wasn't impressed with the MCE's. i sold them for 100 bucks lol. no way would i drop 500+ on them. no f'ing way.

muddeprived
06-12-2014, 09:26 PM
i just wasn't impressed with the MCE's. i sold them for 100 bucks lol. no way would i drop 500+ on them. no f'ing way.

I just received an email from ccfabs.com that they can make the 4.5" flat tube fenders (front and rear) for around $500 shipped. So I might go with them instead of the plastic flares. :)