PDA

View Full Version : Advertising

Azzy
06-25-2014, 01:39 PM
So, what kind of places / blogs / magazines do offroaders really hit up? I know I find most things via forums and searches. Trying to figure out how to gain a bit of exposure for my biz. Shows have been nice, but its hard to keep that momentum working a full time job in the day ass well.

(If momentum does get up there, that will change ;) )

You guys with companies, how do you get word out effectively?

And do you need promo materials made up? :042:

hyperbuzzin
06-25-2014, 02:56 PM
I'd think Craigslist would be an effective/no cost way of reaching people. Using popular key words to target your market, and even some that don't.
A while ago I found THIS (http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/171514) site but never read through it.
As far as magazines.... I can't say that I check out too many of the advertisements very much, even though there's a lot of them.

OverkillZJ
06-25-2014, 03:12 PM
You should buy PGH-OR so that you can advertise on it, and take one more think off of my plate :D

OverkillZJ
06-25-2014, 03:14 PM
Jokes aside: happy clients / nix that.. Enthusiastic clients will always be the best way to get off the ground quickly. Think about Claytons Offroad Manufacturing: they were huge before they even had a website, simply by building a product that was better than anyone elses at the time. Everyone in the forums sold for them - didn't cost them a penny. My IT business has been similar: and I will say that any client that's a referral from another - is always a much better lead.

flimmy
06-25-2014, 03:28 PM
Yep referrals , forums , and Craigslist have been working for me.

And to anyone looking for stickers Azzy Design Works made mine for a great price and they have held up great on the RZR. I'm ordering more now.

The_War_Wagon
06-25-2014, 04:42 PM
If you EVER ordered from 4WheelParts, you get THEIR magazine. Might be worth looking into the price of an ad with them. :115:

Azzy
06-25-2014, 05:40 PM
Yep referrals , forums , and Craigslist have been working for me.

And to anyone looking for stickers Azzy Design Works made mine for a great price and they have held up great on the RZR. I'm ordering more now.

I havent done much on craiglist. Used to be a vendor on Jeepforum, but their prices are NUTS after the autoguide takeover. The mods let me fly under the radar, but after some barney fife mod got in and axed a bunch of my stuff, I saw the web traffic drop.

If you EVER ordered from 4WheelParts, you get THEIR magazine. Might be worth looking into the price of an ad with them. :115:

Had talks about a year ago with 4WD to have them be a distributor of our gauges, didnt go anywhere.

Jokes aside: happy clients / nix that.. Enthusiastic clients will always be the best way to get off the ground quickly. Think about Claytons Offroad Manufacturing: they were huge before they even had a website, simply by building a product that was better than anyone elses at the time. Everyone in the forums sold for them - didn't cost them a penny. My IT business has been similar: and I will say that any client that's a referral from another - is always a much better lead.

Ive gotten a lot of refferal biz, but a lot of our of no-where orders too. Especially from other countries. We got gauges all over Europe, Indonesia, UAE, Australia.

My hardest part right now, doing this all in the evening, after I get done with work!