PDA

View Full Version : CJ5 Clutch Kit Help

rtpalko
07-12-2014, 11:58 AM
So I finished up my CJ5 build and now its just the small things I need to finish, but I ran into one problem. So I swapped the motor in it when I bought it. 84 ish small block 350 out of some Chevy 2500. It has an sm465 and dana 300 in it as well. When I get on it in top gear you can feel it burn through the clutch. Looks like I need a new clutch/pressure plate. My question is what size pressure plate and clutch should I go with? I wanna buy a kit to make it easy to get one that matches up but I am worried about the tooth size of the flywheel. Not sure if I have a 153 or 168 tooth flywheel in there. I know that my starter is staggered bolt pattern but I cant remember what the tooth size is or what clutch kit I should go with for a decent price. I dont want to have to drop out the transmission then take a look at it and then order the parts because I am on a time crunch to get it done before I head back to college in the fall. Any help out there? And I am also having trouble adding pictures to the forum on my build. Wanna show the finished product off. Thanks!!