PDA

View Full Version : rusty xj

jeeeeper41
08-01-2014, 05:51 PM
I have a 98 xj. I know xj's r known 4 rusty floors. but mine leaks water somewhere on d/s front floor board. Every time it rains. it gets wet. The boards will probably need replaced now. What usually causes it? Were does it usually leak from? I actually sat inside it to catch the small trickle off near the pillar. But just wandering were else it could be? I checked top of windshield, it's dry. What is the cure? how do I stop the leaks? Were do u guys usually find it leaking? My p/s board got soft to. And no I haven't wheeled it through a lake or stream yet. I just want to stop the leaks, it's driving me nuts.:093:

sethman15210
08-02-2014, 08:54 AM
I've seen a few xj's that leak around the bottom of the windshield, and where the air intake for the hvac system is. But being on the ds I'd bank on the windshield leaking.

jeeeeper41
08-03-2014, 11:07 AM
update> I sat in my jeep and checked for leaks. I found I had a slow drip coming thru the weatherstrip on d/s front door. It's right were the pc meets. it's at the bottom of the door. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

sethman15210
08-03-2014, 11:13 AM
Is it coming from behind the strip, if so just pull the strip and reglue it. If it's coming between the door and the strip, you're gonna have to unbolt the door and re alighn it.