PDA

View Full Version : Calling all writers n'at

beat1078
09-18-2014, 05:16 PM
I have always liked the idea of having well written articles in easy to find places with comments to follow about personal experiences. I know over the years I have been here that has happened once or twice but to find stuff like that has been difficult.

I am looking for people that are willing to take the time to write articles as they do stuff, take pictures, make "the instructions said this but they must have meant this because it didn't work till I did this" kind of experience.

I know this will add some time to your projects but think of all the "Gibsons" of the world you are helping by providing well written articles, with pictures, and experience to the community as a whole.

Is there anyone out there interested?

ridgerunner97
09-18-2014, 05:45 PM
I could definately do something like that I just don't know if my shit is of any interest to anyone else. I nominate Josh aka Joshs1ofakindxj as well, he always has rando projects going on.

sethman15210
09-18-2014, 08:50 PM
Id be interested, I'll be rebuilding the mj soon and I have a few small mods planned for the wj. Just my pic posting never works, I don't know if it's because I'm on a Mac.

beat1078
09-19-2014, 09:18 AM
Yes, because Macs suck.
Na, I am sure it is something else. I use a Macbook every so often and post pics just fine.

I believe to post pics to the general board you have to be a supporting member. Once we get started with the articles, they can get posted after approval.

John you shit is always of interest, and somehow of topic, among the masses...LOL. I think we can come up with some pretty interesting stuff and you have done some over the years.

justin'sbig7
09-19-2014, 11:30 AM
I've done a few write ups here with pics and describins' lol! You can sticky them or put them where you want. I'll try to find some of it.

OverkillZJ
09-19-2014, 11:39 AM
Back in the "good old" Jeeps Unlimited days, when it was essentially a Grand Cherokee forum run by a ZJ/WJ guy-- the best part of it as the home page, where a few of us would do "write ups" - heck, even on installing a budget boost, because that was new and hard. I think it's an awesome idea.

2002wranglerX
09-19-2014, 12:15 PM
It's a solid idea

OverkillZJ
09-19-2014, 12:43 PM
In fact, it looks like they still "Kind of" have that done at www.JeepsUnlimited.com -- it's been over 2 years since the last t hing though, and they were more reviews than anything. But that layout, associated with the forums but a bit outside of it, had some great tech articles at one point. You could probably even score some discounted parts to write installs and reviews about if you play your cards right.

RalphXJ
09-19-2014, 01:50 PM
In fact, it looks like they still "Kind of" have that done at www.JeepsUnlimited.com -- it's been over 2 years since the last t hing though, and they were more reviews than anything. But that layout, associated with the forums but a bit outside of it, had some great tech articles at one point. You could probably even score some discounted parts to write installs and reviews about if you play your cards right.

Ya I've been out of the Jeep world for awhile so haven't updated any writeups on there for awhile! I built a bunch of my Jeep doing those writeups, as did a few other people.

joshs1ofakindxj
09-19-2014, 09:22 PM
This is about the closest I've done:

http://pgh-offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?10445-8-25-Rear-Disc-Brake-How-To&highlight=brake

I'll have to dig up the pictures and re-host them for this one:

http://pgh-offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?10022-WJ-Grand-Cherokee-Master-Cylinder-and-Booster-Upgrade-How-To&highlight=booster

Other than that, the deuce bobber thread and short barrel rifle building / suppressor buying are what I'm doing these days.

OverkillZJ
09-22-2014, 11:19 AM
Ya I've been out of the Jeep world for awhile so haven't updated any writeups on there for awhile! I built a bunch of my Jeep doing those writeups, as did a few other people.

Seems a lot of us have been!

Azzy
09-22-2014, 05:47 PM
I had some how tos over at Jeep forum, but have been trying to find time to move them to a better location (IE, no registration to view, shows up in searches). Here is one at instructibles: http://www.instructables.com/id/Servicing-Jeep-cherokee-96-older-turnsignal-high-l/

(woohoo! Post 1000)
(http://www.instructables.com/id/Servicing-Jeep-cherokee-96-older-turnsignal-high-l/)