PDA

View Full Version : Got my new jeep motor installed, already have problems!

Blackwidow03
10-14-2014, 12:00 AM
I had the cranberry jeep dealer install a remanufactured 3.8 jeep motor, and wire up my pillar light switches. Picked the jeep up Friday, drove to the gas station, and low oil light came on. Checked my oil, and no oil showed on the dipstick. I had to put in 5 quarts to get it where it should be.
I was driving my jeep Sunday, and noticed the switch pillar wasn't clipped in all the way. I pushed it in to where it should be, and a wire got pinched and the cab filled with smoke. I ripped out the pillar and opened the hood and ripped the wires off of the battery. The mechanic ran the positive wires directly to the battery, with no fuses installed.
I spoke to the service manager today. The mechanic was fired, and they upped my motor warranty to 5 years/100,000 miles.
As for the wiring issue, they said they will reside it and give me a loaner car. Not the professional service I expected from a "Jeep" dealership.

hyperbuzzin
10-14-2014, 05:34 AM
My wife & I have had issues with them before. Worst one being when they laid a guilt trip on us to get the transmission on her Liberty serviced. Saying how the cost of the service, if done at that time, was so much cheaper than if the work wasn't done and it needed replaced. Also, if we didn't have it done, the remainder of her warranty would be void.
Well, we finally agreed to the work, along with several other minor things being done. Came to a total of $400 something. We asked to have them put something in writing stating that the warranty was still good. Well.... it would seem the warranty expired in November..... This happened in May of the next year!!!!!

Needless to say.... we don't go the any more.

Hope ya don't have to deal with them any more after they fix their mistakes!!

justin'sbig7
10-14-2014, 07:08 AM
5 qts?!?!?

That was running on maybe 2 qts then, get that engine warranty in writing... I personally would push for a new engine. That really sucks that you are having this kind of troubles.

jslavic
10-14-2014, 07:26 AM
Ditto on Cranberry Jeep's poor service and sketchy sales tactics. I will never go there....again. I bought my current JKU at Diehl in Butler. I bought 2 vehicles at each dealership and had service done at each place, Diehl wins on ever point I can think of.

DMG
10-14-2014, 08:08 AM
Talk to the service manager immediately. I would want a new motor. Running it with low oil pressure during break in is bad.

And make sure the extended warranty is on paper.

The_War_Wagon
10-14-2014, 08:25 AM
Talk to the service manager immediately. I would want a new motor. Running it with low oil pressure during break in is bad.

And make sure the extended warranty is on paper.

This - and I'd of trusted DMG to do it right WITHOUT the warranty, before trusting the dealership WITH the warranty. I get a free state inspection at the dealer where I bought my wife's Caravan... and that's the ONLY thing I let them do!

2002wranglerX
10-15-2014, 07:59 AM
I've also had horrible dealings with cranberry service dept.

MSchneid
10-17-2014, 03:17 PM
Cranberry Jeep had mine for a month and couldn't figure out what was wrong. They kept telling me "it was normal". I knew I had bad heads, so finally I did a block test in front of them and they replaced the heads. Had other problems with them as well. I guess I can't complain because they are "mod" friendly, they never turned me down for warranty work because of any of my modifications.

Blackwidow03
10-17-2014, 08:38 PM
Well they upped my motor warranty from 3yr/100,000 to 5yr/100,000 mile warranty. And they are refunding me the $288 they charged me to install the wiring, plus redoing the wiring. I am just glad they admitted it was their fault, and didn't try to argue. I was shocked they are making things right.

muddeprived
12-30-2014, 10:32 PM
I heard Cranberry was bad but nothing compared to Beaver Falls Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep. They will say they did this, that, and some more but don't even lay a finger on your vehicle. I once put a piece of transparent tape over the transmission/engine mating point b4 they were supposed to remove the transmission and do work related to the TC. I got the jeep back with no visible work done and tape still intact. I never went there again. My transmission failed a couple weeks later.